Do You Use Medicinal Mushrooms / And Shilajit?

Experienced

If you do so what are the benefits you got from them?

My benefits are from taking Lion's Mane

Sharper colors,
Mental sharpness gets better,
Anxiety lowered,
Some of the headaches are gone and sometimes I think it causes headaches not sure yet.
No changes in libido

Benefits from Reishi

Anxiety lower,
Digestion is better,
Stools are looking good,

So basically I'm using 5 different medicinal mushrooms they are :

Lion's mane,
Chaga,
Reishi,
Cordyceps,
Turkey Tail.

And also I'm using shilajit and I've seen something interesting about it.

May Help Fight Addictions

The mix of active compounds in Shilajit may help people overcome addictions, but more research is needed. In one study on mice, Shilajit reduced the symptoms of withdrawal while also helping to curb addictive behavior. It acted by altering dopamine levels in the limbic system (cortico-hippocampal), a brain region that controls emotions [12].

Shilajit also offers hope for fighting the opioid epidemic while helping those with incurable diseases get pain relief. It’s a well-known fact that opioids like morphine quickly cause tolerance, which causes people to require higher and higher doses. Shilajit could reduce the risk of developing tolerance to morphine in mice [13].

And also Tribulus but that's different case.

But overall medicinal mushrooms is worth trying in my case.

boris

I had some nice effects on my skin from taking wild foraged reishi mushroom concentrate orally, but I was also in altitude in Peru so I'm not sure if the CO2 didn't play a bigger role in that.

A very noticable effect though were extremely vivid psychological (sometimes nonsensical too) dreams when taken before bed.

redred

my favourite mushroom is cantharelllus

OP
E

Experienced

A very noticable effect though were extremely vivid psychological (sometimes nonsensical too) dreams when taken before bed.
Which brand were you using and are you talking about Reishi right?

boris

@Experienced It was "Fungi Amazonica" Reishi extract. I bought a little dropper bottle in a local shop, sometimes onlineshops sell these too.

But you can order 1/2 liter and 1 liter bottles directly from the producer: Fungi Amazonica

-------
I found their harvesting practices interesting, these supposedly are a very potent variety:

"Potency of Flood Forest Mushrooms

The communities we are currently working with live along the Nanay River, a tributary to the Amazon River. The reishi mushrooms they are harvesting are indigenous to the secondary flood forests and are a very special variety that are well adapted to their habitat. Each year the forest floods, providing a limited window of opportunity for the mushrooms to grow and release their spores before the rising waters put an end to the harvest season. These mushrooms are forced to prioritize quick growth in order to ensure the greatest quantity of spores released in the limited time that’s available. In doing so, the mushrooms become more concentrated in number, softer, and quicker growing. Thus, they become more vulnerable to pests, as the larger numbers attract more insects. This, in turn, brings more parasitic fungi and bacteria; the mushrooms make up for this by concentrating more energy into the production of their chemical defense mechanisms, which are the medicinal constituents we are after. This information has been discovered through observation of the life cycle of the mushrooms and of the effects we have observed in those who have used our product.

Production of the Extract

Our product is a double extraction of these flood forest Amazonian reishi mushrooms. When we buy the mushrooms we carefully sort through the harvest, making sure that only mature, healthy, and non-contaminated mushrooms are used. Mushrooms with mold growing on them, mushrooms that are too old, and mushrooms that are too young are rejected. This ensures a high quality sustainable product made from mushrooms that have a high medicinal content, which have had the opportunity to shed their spores before being harvested. These mushrooms are then cleaned, shredded, and soaked in alcohol for 3-6 months. The alcohol extract is then drained out and the remaining pulp is boiled for several hours to yield a hot water extraction. The alcohol extraction and the water extraction are then concentrated to come to the volume of 2 liters of extract to 1 kilo of mushrooms consisting of 40%alcohol extract and 60%water extract."

OP
E

Experienced

It was "Fungi Amazonica" Reishi extract. I bought a little dropper bottle in a local shop, sometimes onlineshops sell these too.
I've read that liquids are not consistent.

Putting herbs or herbal powder in a bottle together with alcohol and/or water is called 'cold-extraction'. Liquid extracts or alcohol tinctures are effective with herbs, but never with mushrooms. Alcohol or water does not break down chitin, the main structural ingredient of fungal cells. Some directly exposed bioactive compounds will dissolve in the liquid, but the percentages are very low. Mushroom tinctures therefore never specify bio-active compounds on their supplement facts label, because these levels are entirely unpredictable and in general below the level of detection. At least 95% of the tincture is just liquid and the therapeutic potency is minimal, if any.

And consider this: a powdered extract is in fact the deposit of a solvent extract (solvent = alcohol/water), it's what's left after the liquid has evaporated. After all, all powdered extracts start as a liquid extract. A single 30ml tincture bottle contains ± 4 capsules worth of mushroom extract, the rest is useless liquid. The value for money is very poor, but since it is easy, cheap and fun to do, there are a lot of DIY vendors on the market. For therapeutic effects such products are unsuitable. A very detailed explanation can be found here (opens in new window - check the purchase guideline).

boris

@Experienced

"The alcohol extract is then drained out and the remaining pulp is boiled for several hours to yield a hot water extraction. The alcohol extraction and the water extraction are then concentrated to come to the volume of 2 liters of extract to 1 kilo of mushrooms consisting of 40%alcohol extract and 60%water extract."

OP
E

Experienced

@Experienced

"The alcohol extract is then drained out and the remaining pulp is boiled for several hours to yield a hot water extraction. The alcohol extraction and the water extraction are then concentrated to come to the volume of 2 liters of extract to 1 kilo of mushrooms consisting of 40%alcohol extract and 60%water extract."
Gotta be honest bro I don't believe in tinctures when it's about mushrooms but always first check out what you buy though :) are you still using tinctures or extracts?

OP
E

Experienced

"Potency of Flood Forest Mushrooms

The communities we are currently working with live along the Nanay River, a tributary to the Amazon River. The reishi mushrooms they are harvesting are indigenous to the secondary flood forests and are a very special variety that are well adapted to their habitat. Each year the forest floods, providing a limited window of opportunity for the mushrooms to grow and release their spores before the rising waters put an end to the harvest season. These mushrooms are forced to prioritize quick growth in order to ensure the greatest quantity of spores released in the limited time that’s available. In doing so, the mushrooms become more concentrated in number, softer, and quicker growing. Thus, they become more vulnerable to pests, as the larger numbers attract more insects. This, in turn, brings more parasitic fungi and bacteria; the mushrooms make up for this by concentrating more energy into the production of their chemical defense mechanisms, which are the medicinal constituents we are after. This information has been discovered through observation of the life cycle of the mushrooms and of the effects we have observed in those who have used our product.

Production of the Extract

Our product is a double extraction of these flood forest Amazonian reishi mushrooms. When we buy the mushrooms we carefully sort through the harvest, making sure that only mature, healthy, and non-contaminated mushrooms are used. Mushrooms with mold growing on them, mushrooms that are too old, and mushrooms that are too young are rejected. This ensures a high quality sustainable product made from mushrooms that have a high medicinal content, which have had the opportunity to shed their spores before being harvested. These mushrooms are then cleaned, shredded, and soaked in alcohol for 3-6 months. The alcohol extract is then drained out and the remaining pulp is boiled for several hours to yield a hot water extraction. The alcohol extraction and the water extraction are then concentrated to come to the volume of 2 liters of extract to 1 kilo of mushrooms consisting of 40%alcohol extract and 60%water extract."
This sheds a bit more what light on it do they have any Certificate or analysis available?

boris

I don't see any but they have a contact email on their site. I don't have a comparison to other forms of Reishi, but it felt pretty potent. I took about 30-40 drops with juice before bed, which gave me psychedelic dreams.

They also sell the plain reishi, but I don't know if they ship it outside of Peru: https://www.fungiamazonica.com/store/

OP
E

Experienced

I don't see any but they have a contact email on their site. I don't have a comparison to other forms of Reishi, but it felt pretty potent. I took about 30-40 drops with juice before bed, which gave me psychedelic dreams.
Ah that's interesting the psychedelic part, because I haven't had any similair experiences.

I'm using Lion's mane , Reishi , shilajit also tried used chaga before but I don't have any batches.

They also sell the plain reishi, but I don't know if they ship it outside of Peru: https://www.fungiamazonica.com/store/
Maybe take a look at this product. Oriveda Premium Mushroom Extracts

I'm not affiliate or anything beyond that. I'm just a regular customer of them and I would like to introduce you their site.

Their coa's (certificate of analysis)
Oriveda Premium Mushroom Extracts

boris

Interesting thanks! Maybe I'll try them out and compare them directly in the future. I see they use the same double extraction method as Fungi Amazonica. So it is not the ineffective "alcohol tincture" type that they criticize in the description.

Although I have to say now without trying them out I would instinctively prefer the wild harvested one from the amazon over the commercially farmed variety.

boris

Have you experimented with upper limit of dosages for the Reishi or the other mushrooms you take?

OP
E

Experienced

Have you experimented with upper limit of dosages for the Reishi or the other mushrooms you take?
I experimented with lion's mane and no noticeable negative effects.

I use lion's mane since Aug 31, 2019 till now with recommended daily usage sometimes I upper the limit. They also upgraded their lion's mane product they sell 2 product at one.

Their alcohol pharma grade is upgraded for brain health and the one with water extraction is also new. They really upped their alcohol version

OP
E

Experienced