Saliva Tests

Kamran

http://thyroid.about.com/od/gettestedan ... esting.htm

Anyone looked into this? Apparently saliva tests have the advantage of giving us the levels of bio available hormones which is something normal blood tests can't do. For example, if a woman is taking birth control, the level of thyroid binding globulin increases which hangs onto the thyroid hormone more than usual. So while her blood tests can produce normal results, she could be experiencing symptoms of hypo and her saliva tests could be different.

I got a saliva test done recently for progesterone, testosterone, estrogen, DHEA, and cortisol...still awaiting the results. I wasn't sure how accurate or useful it would be. It seems like its a relatively new science, which is why most conventional doctors don't really use it...but I'm curious as to how good it actually is.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fetch

[moderator edit: topics merged]

Hey I have just seen saliva tests mentioned around here lately and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation of a reputable test kit or company. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
I am looking at Saliva Testing and the more I read about it I see how it can be beneficial. I am ordering the one from ZRT labs as it has been around for a long time. I can only help and be as good as you anticipate it to me. I am using it as one resource not my only one for testing hormonal levels.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals