Dhea Or Pregnenolone For Chronically Fatigued Male?

i think there is some merit to taking short course of cortisone as prednisone or an asthma inhaler. Ray has said the same thing.

Bleeding, clotting, cancer

• The person with low thyroid function is more likely than a normal person to require cortisone to cope with a certain amount of stress. However, if large amounts of cortisone are produced for a long time, the toxic effects of the hormone begin to appear. According to Meerson, heart attacks are provoked and aggravated by the cortisone produced during stress. (Meerson and his colleagues have demonstrated that the progress of a heart attack can be halted by a treatment including natural substances such as vitamin E and magnesium.)

• While hypothyroidism makes the body require more cortisone to sustain blood sugar and energy production, it also limits the ability to produce cortisone, so in some cases stress produces symptoms resulting from a deficiency of cortisone, including various forms of arthritis and more generalized types of chronic inflammation.

• Often, a small physiological dose of natural hydrocortisone can help the patient meet the stress, without causing harmful side-effects. While treating the symptoms with cortisone for a short time, it is important to try to learn the basic cause of the problem, by checking for hypothyroidism, vitamin A deficiency, protein deficiency, a lack of sunlight, etc. (I suspect that light on the skin directly increases the skin's production of steroids, without depending on other organs. Different steroids probably involve different frequencies of light, but orange and red light seem to be important frequencies.) Using cortisone in this way, physiologically rather than pharmacologically, it is not likely to cause the serious problems mentioned above.

TubZy

There are some inhibitors of 11b-HSD2, which will raise cortisol. I personally would not play with them but there is that option. Inhibiting 5-AR also tends to raise cortisol, but again, this is a dangerous road to embark upon.

Well that is what drove me to low cortisol in the first place lol. 5ARI caused high cortisol for a decent period of time (a year or so) then I guess causing stress/suppression on my thyroid essentially causing hypothyroid and my adrenals took over and eventually burnt out and was left with very low cortisol. A year a ago my morning cortisol was barely within range. Now it has recovered a lot but still very low making me sensitive to anything that lowers cortisol.

I think what happens is after a period of taking 5ARI the body or HPTA down regulates itself due to the high cortisone/ stress when cortisol is too high for too long causing "adrenal burnout". Either from lack of pregnenolone and progesterone. Just a guess. I have not tried taking doses of T3 (not sure on dosage though probably higher) for a a few days of time to resensitize the HPTA like peats suggest though. My TSH is high so I know something is up with my thyroid.

Pregnenolone helps but only at high doses. Anything less than 100mg I don't feel anything. Doses over 100mg help for sure. I did up to 300mg before and got hyperthyroid type symptoms but felt good temp wise and skin looked great. I had to eat every like 2 hours or I got extremely irritated and my hair shedding increased. I know preg can raise metabolism so high doses for a short period of time could maybe help too. My digestion was insane too I could eating like anything and it would just blow right through me literally even with eating breads and pasta again.

Let me add that caffeine does help make me feel much better assuming because of the cortisol release. I try not to overdo bc I'm afraid I'm actually making the recovery worse by putting more stress on the adrenal glands.

Last edited:

TubZy

raising cholesterol by consuming more sugar and fruit might be helpful.

weight getting pressed on the adrenals? I take it you mean figuratively, like the adrenals must work harder to compensate, not weight from the body literally pressing down?

Low cortisol is difficult. I think there is the far more common problem that may precede it, which is cortisol resistance, and perhaps this leads to adrenal burnout...?

Yeah figuratively. I don't think there is a physical issue with the adrenal glands just a signalling issue.

tomisonbottom

i think there is some merit to taking short course of cortisone as prednisone or an asthma inhaler. Ray has said the same thing.

Bleeding, clotting, cancer

• While hypothyroidism makes the body require more cortisone to sustain blood sugar and energy production, it also limits the ability to produce cortisone, so in some cases stress produces symptoms resulting from a deficiency of cortisone, including various forms of arthritis and more generalized types of chronic inflammation. Often, a small physiological dose of natural hydrocortisone can help the patient meet the stress, without causing harmful side-effects. While treating the symptoms with cortisone for a short time, it is important to try to learn the basic cause of the problem, by checking for hypothyroidism, vitamin A deficiency, protein deficiency, a lack of sunlight, etc. Using cortisone in this way, physiologically rather than pharmacologically, it is not likely to cause the serious problems mentioned above.
There are some inhibitors of 11b-HSD2, which will raise cortisol. I personally would not play with them but there is that option. Inhibiting 5-AR also tends to raise cortisol, but again, this is a dangerous road to embark upon.

Haidut, do you know what Ray means by "natural hydrocortisone" here?

Is he talking about those supplements that have bio-identical hydrocortisone?

yoshiesque

Has anyone here not heard of the CT3CM protocol? I think this is gonna help ALOT of people with adrenal fatigue. Basically, all you are doing is waking up early (around 4am or few hours before waking i think) and supplementing with T3 before going back to bed. Cortisol production begins around that time, and T3 is basically helping you produce that again.

This is actually very in line with what Peat would recommend.

So you could say lack of T3 is the problem, especially during that period. Here are some links with more info

Circadian T3 Method (CT3M or T3CM) for Adrenals-a great way to treat your low cortisol! - Stop The Thyroid Madness

Recovering with T3 | Resources for people recovering from hypothyroidism using T3 replacement therapy or are considering doing so

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, do you know what Ray means by "natural hydrocortisone" here?

Is he talking about those supplements that have bio-identical hydrocortisone?

Hydrocortisone is just another name for cortisol. And yes, I think he means bioidentical cortisol but I don't know if it is supplied as prescription drug other than a cream. Most doctors like to use dexamethasone, which is much more potent and has terrible side effects (including sudden death).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals