Thyroid Blood Tests For A 12 Years Old Girl

LoryEl

Hello everyone, I need help to interpret my daughter's (12 years old) blood test
ATPO 0.63 IU/mL
FT4 0.61 ng/dL
TSH 1.60 µUI/ml
She had an ultrasound earlier this month and the doctor diagnosed her with thyroiditis based on the multiple small cysts and nodules she found in the thyroid, a few millimeters each.
Normally I would have done other blood work according to Peat but I went with the doctor's advice for this one and I know it may be insufficient but I am not sure even what are the romal ranges for children 12 years old.

Any advice is welcome, either concerning the normal range, what other blood tests I should try to convince the doctor to take or any advice on treatment.

Thank you

OP
LoryEl

LoryEl

Thank you for this advice. This is yet a puzzle I need to solve. I love Peat and i would gladly donnate to him and i would realy like to subscribe to his newlsetter not to mention ask for his advice. However i am not from the US and have no ideea how to mail a check. The email is the one on the website contact page right? If you know of any epayment of wire tranfer means i can use for this it would be awsome.

Last edited:
OP
LoryEl

LoryEl

I wrote Dr Peat this evening after another 10 days of crazy menstrual bleeding from my daughter. I hope my e-mail will go through. I am very worried.