Relationschip Histamine And Low Estrogen

Bodhi

Hello,

My girlfriend suffers from PMS for years now and she is really allergic.

I suspect her to be Estrogen dominant, she is gonna try Ray's progest E and i'm gonna help her to get off the birthcontrol pills .

Is ther a relation between Histamine and low Estrogen, and can progestrone reduce allergy symptoms.

Is taking Anti histamine really bad?

Cheers

Bodhi

A

Anonymous

Seriously? There must be 50-100 posts around here recommending the use of antihistamines. No, they're not bad. Get cyproheptadine/ciplactin.

OP
Bodhi

Bodhi

JRMoney15 said:
Seriously? There must be 50-100 posts around here recommending the use of antihistamines. No, they're not bad. Get cyproheptadine/ciplactin.

Jrmoney ,

What should i put in the Ray Peat search engine to get the answer to the questions i'm looking for?

If Anti Histamine is good or bad is only one of them...

Mittir

RP has mentioned that estrogen increases release of both serotonin and histamine.
Endotoxin and gut irritation both increases estrogen and serotonin. I think in treating
chronic allergy main focus should be on avoiding irritating foods and adopting an
easy to digest foods. Adding raw carrot salad or cooked bamboo shoots can lower
endotoxin and estrogen.

Calcium helps to lower serotonin by lowering PTH. Regular intake of calcium
rich food and keeping a cal: phosphorus ratio close to 1:1 , preferably more calcium
than phosphorus. I have found moderately high calcium intake around 2000 mg been
very beneficial. Vitamin D is also helpful, RP think 2,000 IU vitamin D3 and vitamin D
level around 50 ng/ml. Regular sunlight increases daily vitamin D and other good hormones.

In theory, progesterone should lower allergy. Keeping a steady blood sugar
lowers allergic reaction to different substances. Eating every 2-3 hours some sugar
and protein is helpful. Cyproheptadine in small doses like half to 1 mg two times a day
is quite helpful. RP also recommends benadryl for allergy.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Bodhi said:
Hello,

My girlfriend suffers from PMS for years now and she is really allergic.

I suspect her to be Estrogen dominant, she is gonna try Ray's progest E and i'm gonna help her to get off the birthcontrol pills .

Is ther a relation between Histamine and low Estrogen, and can progestrone reduce allergy symptoms.

Is taking Anti histamine really bad?

Cheers

Bodhi

Ray said that antihistamines block estrogen's effects. In other words, they won't lower it but they should be able to prevent the damage and PMS. He also said that antihistamines have such broad protective effects that if the pharma industry had a way of re-patenting the first generation ones (since they are not liver toxic) it would have submitted them for clinical trials on every major disease. Aspirin lowers histamine comparable to Benadryl, but not as fast. This is probably behind at least some of the antiestrogenic effects of aspirin.

TeslaFan

From the experience with my girlfriend, nothing beats PMS as effective as Activated Charcoal.

After only several small doses (500 mg each), she suddenly no longer experience breast pain during PMS, as she did ever since she started menstruating (she thought that was normal because she always had it).

Before, I tried helping her with T3, Progest-E, Cyproheptadine and Benadryl. Cypro did help with her mood, but only in short term. In her case, Activated Charcoal was practically the cure. PMS is a benign problem now. A bit more sensitive, somewhat irritable, but keeping it in control, and not bursting out for small things.

OP
Bodhi

Bodhi

Strange, non off the anti-histamines named on this forum seems to be available in Holland...

My GF uses some OTC product called Cetirizin....

Any help on wich one are good and available in Europe?

tara

I'm not in Europe, don't know what you can get there. The two antihistamines I've seen Peat recommend are cyproheptadine (one brand is periactin), and diphenhydramine (in some countries there are Benadryl variants that contain it; where I am it seems to only be available in a sleeping potion (gel capsule 50mg, too much for me).
Sugar and/or salt can sometimes have antihistamine effects.

haidut

Forum Supporter
tara said:
I'm not in Europe, don't know what you can get there. The two antihistamines I've seen Peat recommend are cyproheptadine (one brand is periactin), and diphenhydramine (in some countries there are Benadryl variants that contain it; where I am it seems to only be available in a sleeping potion (gel capsule 50mg, too much for me).
Sugar and/or salt can sometimes have antihistamine effects.

Another structurally similar antihistamine available around the world is ketotifen. However, it may raise NO so I am not sure I trust it as much as cypro. It is approved in some countries for treating IBS so it may be helpful to some people with digestive problems.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketotifen

Ron J

Another structurally similar antihistamine available around the world is ketotifen. However, it may raise NO so I am not sure I trust it as much as cypro. It is approved in some countries for treating IBS so it may be helpful to some people with digestive problems.
Ketotifen - Wikipedia
Are there any other antihistamine & antiserotonin substances like cyproheptadine that doesn't negatively affect dopamine? Other than lisuride/metergoline.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Are there any other antihistamine & antiserotonin substances like cyproheptadine that doesn't negatively affect dopamine? Other than lisuride/metergoline.

Pizotifen, which is similar to ketotifen, and possibly ketanserin and cinanserin. But none of them is as safe as ketotifen, lisuride or metergoline.

Ron J

Pizotifen, which is similar to ketotifen, and possibly ketanserin and cinanserin. But none of them is as safe as ketotifen, lisuride or metergoline.
I'll look into that. Thanks for the replies.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals