Recovery From Opioid Addiction

Amazigh

I was the one that asked @haidut the question on the last interview with Danny Roddy re: a family member I'm helping who is recovering from opioid addiction. Since the character limit of the superchat was so short, my question wasn't really clear.

She is 27 years old and is on low-dose methadone (30 mg), which will be tapered down 1mg per week. She also received a dubious bipolar diagnosis by a psych who only saw her for 15 min per week, on like the 3rd visit. Nevertheless, she does have some symptoms of occasional mania (mostly just irritability and hyperactivity).

Would like feedback on my short-term, aggressive strategy to hit the main areas that will restore her body and brain back to normal, as follows:
  1. Overall energy production
    T4 & T3, inosine + pyroglutamic acid (for short term only), Taurine

2. Nutritional deficiencies
    Food (eggs, milk, cheese, protein shakes with whole egg protein powder, some meat, seafood, broth, etc)
    Supplements (Calcium, magnesium glycinate, B50 complex, Niacinamide, vit A/D/K)
    She eats way too much junk food though - trying to get her to cut down.

3. Addiction - stress hormones, histamine, estrogen etc.
    Pregnenolone, progest-e/DHEA, B6, Famotidine (helps reduce her morning stomach aches also, I think from the methadone)

4. Bipolar symptoms
    Acetazolamide + B1 (works better than methylene blue for her), cyproheptadine

5. Restoring brain (dopamine)
    (I decided to leave this until she is off methadone, or at least has tapered down)

6. Mitigating effects of methadone (bone loss)
    Lisuride
She is planning on psychedelic therapy in the near future to help break the addiction further.

So far, one month in, here are the changes I've seen:

- Went from being emaciated and gaunt back to her normal weight range, and much healthier appearance
- Noticeable increase in energy, from her perspective as well as ours
- Previously had very scattered, ADD-like thoughts, some mania - now is much more emotionally even

@haidut would love your feedback as well.

Thanks!

Velve921

I was the one that asked @haidut the question on the last interview with Danny Roddy re: a family member I'm helping who is recovering from opioid addiction. Since the character limit of the superchat was so short, my question wasn't really clear.

She is 27 years old and is on low-dose methadone (30 mg), which will be tapered down 1mg per week. She also received a dubious bipolar diagnosis by a psych who only saw her for 15 min per week, on like the 3rd visit. Nevertheless, she does have some symptoms of occasional mania (mostly just irritability and hyperactivity).

Would like feedback on my short-term, aggressive strategy to hit the main areas that will restore her body and brain back to normal, as follows:
  1. Overall energy production
    T4 & T3, inosine + pyroglutamic acid (for short term only), Taurine

2. Nutritional deficiencies
    Food (eggs, milk, cheese, protein shakes with whole egg protein powder, some meat, seafood, broth, etc)
    Supplements (Calcium, magnesium glycinate, B50 complex, Niacinamide, vit A/D/K)
    She eats way too much junk food though - trying to get her to cut down.

3. Addiction - stress hormones, histamine, estrogen etc.
    Pregnenolone, progest-e/DHEA, B6, Famotidine (helps reduce her morning stomach aches also, I think from the methadone)

4. Bipolar symptoms
    Acetazolamide + B1 (works better than methylene blue for her), cyproheptadine

5. Restoring brain (dopamine)
    (I decided to leave this until she is off methadone, or at least has tapered down)

6. Mitigating effects of methadone (bone loss)
    Lisuride
She is planning on psychedelic therapy in the near future to help break the addiction further.

So far, one month in, here are the changes I've seen:

- Went from being emaciated and gaunt back to her normal weight range, and much healthier appearance
- Noticeable increase in energy, from her perspective as well as ours
- Previously had very scattered, ADD-like thoughts, some mania - now is much more emotionally even

@haidut would love your feedback as well.

Thanks!
Happy to hear about her progress my friend.

I’ll share this for your knowledge. I started using Clonidine recently for a specific purpose of lowering adrenaline that’s been contributing to a urination issue. Coincidentally it eliminated an unwanted habit of mine that was essentially a form of addiction. Something that I’ve had for 15 years and Clonidine basically had me cold turkey.

I’ve used Cyproheptadine as well and I think it’s phenomenal. But Clonidine has had some surprising effects.

Danny and Georgi has a good discussion on his podcast about addiction 5 years ago as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals