Red Light Therapy / LLLT Cures Hypothyroid?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
As per your advice I used red light on my scrotum for the first time last night. My voice has gone deeper. Not by much but enough for my mum/friends to notice it. I will post again after a few days to see if these changes are longer lasting.

Thats good, just go slow…

This article is really excellent.

“Among the most fascinating experimental applications of LLLT are those related to enhancement of normal brain function and the treatment of memory loss and mood disorders.”

Low-level light therapy of the eye and brain

This paper is showing how Red Light and Methylene Blue have similar neuroprotective and cerebral enhancing effects by each targeting and stimulating mitochondrial respiration.

“Near-infrared light from low-power lasers and light-emitting diodes (LEDs) stimulates mitochondrial respiration by donating photons that are absorbed by cytochrome oxidase, a bioenergetics process called photoneuromodulation in nervous tissue.”

“Low-dose methylene blue stimulates mitochondrial respiration by donating electrons to the electron transport chain. This is possible by a unique auto oxidizing redox chemical property.”

Protection against neurodegeneration with low-dose methylene blue and near-infrared light

Zucker

Daniel11. Thank you for all the information on using the red light rather than infrared or near infrared.
Ideally I would like to get the Red Light Mini that so many use here for use on my thyroid and eyes. But I also have a bad knee and some pains in my back where the recommendation is to use infrared. Do you think the red lights alone would also help for joint pain and arthritis issues? Thanks!

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Daniel11. Thank you for all the information on using the red light rather than infrared or near infrared.
Ideally I would like to get the Red Light Mini that so many use here for use on my thyroid and eyes. But I also have a bad knee and some pains in my back where the recommendation is to use infrared. Do you think the red lights alone would also help for joint pain and arthritis issues? Thanks!

I have found the orange/red light helpful for local pain, light on thyroid and through eyes will enhance endocrine and brain functioning and this will help everything, still you will need to balance your nutrition and deal with digestive issues, all helpful for reducing inflammation and improving ones immune system.

I find Larch Arabinogalactans work very synergistically with orange/red light therapy.

“In general, it may be said that "low" molecular weight polysaccharides (5,000-15,000) tend to produce more of an anti-inflamatory, anti-complementary, anti-allergy effect (25,46); whereas "high" molecular weight polysaccharides (75,000-125,000) produce more reticuloendothelial stimulation (21,24) and monocyte-enhanced natural killer cytotoxicity (1). The "mid" weight polysaccharides (15,000-50,000) seem to act in an altogether different way, enhancing carbon and other types of toxin clearance by macrophages (24). The molecular weights of the major fractions of larch arabinogalactan are 16,000 (low/mid) and 100,000 (high) which perhaps explain its peculiarly diverse actions.”

“Arabinogalactans are useful for therapeutic treatment of infections caused by pathogenic microorganisms, particularly intestinal bacteria, such as Gram-negative types. Treatment with arabinogalactan is particularly applicable to bacterias of the Enterobacteriaceae type such as Escherichia coli bacteria, particularly those strains manifesting K88+ fimbrae. Arabinogalactans were shown to have dramatic effects on bacterial adherence (45).”

Larch arabinogalactan: clinical relevance of a novel immune-enhancing polysaccharide. - PubMed - NCBI

http://www.altmedrev.com/publications/4/2/96.pdf

Zucker

Thank you for replying so quickly. I shall get the Mini Red Light then and see how I go with that and look into those Arabinogalactans you mention. All this Peaty stuff I am learning here should be helping with inflammation and immunity in the long run, but I am only incorporating the advice I am getting here since four months which is not much. Body temperatures has gone up some and I feel slightly better.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Has any of you tried the red light on the heart? What is it like?

I have done occasionally and not noticed to much. I prefer areas directly below the sternum, (between the belly button and where the sternum begins) this is where the light can reach the liver, stomach and pancreas, i have notice good benefits from this, i do 4-8 min on these area.

Fractality

I have done occasionally and not noticed to much. I prefer areas directly below the sternum, (between the belly button and where the sternum begins) this is where the light can reach the liver, stomach and pancreas, i have notice good benefits from this, i do 4-8 min on these area.

Thanks - partly due to this thread I recently received a red light mini from one of the vendors on this website and will shine it on my face with my eyes closed and then my eyes open. I'll report back. I would say I'm in fairly good health already so it will be interesting to see if the benefits are still noticeable.

johnsmith

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/2017/07/29/my-recommendations-for-better-sleep/

This article stresses the importance of getting light exposure at the same time each morning, and starting to blue block at the same time each evening as being more important then falling asleep and waking up at the same time each day on the hour. Its winter and lots of us don't get access to sun exposure. So if i wake up every day between 9 and 10:30am, I should get a daily LLLT session set for 11:00am. Do you guys think this is not that necessary or dumb? I just tried the whole full blown nocturnal thing/going to bed whenever, and I started to hate life so I want to try and do things proper now.

Fractality

I will echo what others have said about red light; it's powerful and I think it can replace many supplements people take. For my bros out there, be careful about shining it on your **** and balls. It feels good but it doesn't take much to cause red skin and irritation. Unlike sunburn you can't tell when you have overdone it until it's too late. Looks like sunburn but there is no pain, just annoying itchiness. What causes this? Does anyone know?

milk_lover

I will echo what others have said about red light; it's powerful and I think it can replace many supplements people take. For my bros out there, be careful about shining it on your **** and balls. It feels good but it doesn't take much to cause red skin and irritation. Unlike sunburn you can't tell when you have overdone it until it's too late. Looks like sunburn but there is no pain, just annoying itchiness. What causes this? Does anyone know?
lucky you guys who can tell by just looking if your balls get irritated or not... my black/charcoal sack was really not helpful for my different scrotum application journeys the last two years... Answering your question, it was posted somewhere in the forum, maybe even here in this thread, that red light caused tissue damage to rats testicles.

Fractality

lucky you guys who can tell by just looking if your balls get irritated or not... my black/charcoal sack was really not helpful for my different scrotum application journeys the last two years... Answering your question, it was posted somewhere in the forum, maybe even here in this thread, that red light caused tissue damage to rats testicles.

Yeah I was reading through the other thread. Hopefully the damage is minor in nature. Again, I felt great shining it on my balls along with everywhere else. I also got a small dry sore thing in the corner of my mouth. I upped my vitamin a intake and that seemed to help. Be careful with this light therapy. It seems easy to overdose.

milk_lover

Yeah I was reading through the other thread. Hopefully the damage is minor in nature. Again, I felt great shining it on my balls along with everywhere else. I also got a small dry sore thing in the corner of my mouth. I upped my vitamin a intake and that seemed to help. Be careful with this light therapy. It seems easy to overdose.
Yeah I enjoy eating eggs after a session and I think it's due to vit A present in them.

Makrosky

Yeah I'm glad I'm not the only one concerned. The stuff is double edged sword.

Wagner83

Do you use it on thyroid? Where do you use it for the good effects you mentioned if not on the testicles? Also, how long and how far from the body are the sessions?
At times, when I applied redlight on testicles/temples/thyroid it really helped with mood, energy, morning wood, but as I reported before it seems to have weird effects when used on the thyroid (sore throat etc..). However, given you had a sore from it wonder if the negative effects are just temporary, while the body kicks all the NO out. An other example is that when I used it on the abdomen (liver/pancreas...) the next day I had slight lower back pain / tension, perhaps the kidneys had to pass through a lot of crap that was kicked away by the light? @Daniel11 mentioned that the improvements were not straight forward at first and that some negative effects were seen.

Last edited:

Makrosky

Do you use it on thyroid? Where do you use it for the good effects you mentioned if not on the testicles? Also, how long and how far from the body are the sessions?
At times, when I applied redlight on testicles/temples/thyroid it really helped with mood, energy, morning wood, but as I reported before it seems to have weird effects when used on the thyroid (sore throat etc..). However, given you had a sore from it wonder if the negative effects are just temporary, while the body kicks all the NO out. An other example is that when I used it on the abdomen (liver/pancreas...) the next day I had slight lower back pain / tension, perhaps the kidneys had to pass through a lot of crap that was kicked away by the light? @Daniel11 mentioned that the improvements were not straight forward at first and that some negative effects were seen.
One of the things I wanna try (but not yet) is finding a dose on thyroid that doesn't trigger sore throat (maybe 2 minutes at 10cm?) and then use it every two days for a couple weeks and then increase it 20 seconds x session and see... Maybe the problem is too much at the beginning as you suggest.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/2017/07/29/my-recommendations-for-better-sleep/

This article stresses the importance of getting light exposure at the same time each morning, and starting to blue block at the same time each evening as being more important then falling asleep and waking up at the same time each day on the hour. Its winter and lots of us don't get access to sun exposure. So if i wake up every day between 9 and 10:30am, I should get a daily LLLT session set for 11:00am. Do you guys think this is not that necessary or dumb? I just tried the whole full blown nocturnal thing/going to bed whenever, and I started to hate life so I want to try and do things proper now.

Morning as the sun is rising, i find to be a nice time to use the light over the eyes and face, in the evenings i like using the light over the abdomen areas.

Fractality

I use it basically everywhere. Sometimes I press it against my skin but usually 2-4 inches from my skin. I think the most beneficial effects are from shining it on the thyroid and eyes. I haven't experienced a sore throat, just the testicles/penis irritation and corner of mouth skin sore.

papaya

my stove uses crazy bright red light/halogen. can i just lean my thyroid over the burner? if so, for how long? my bathroom also has a red light heater in the ceiling, would it be beneficial to sit under that?

TheDrumGuy

my stove uses crazy bright red light/halogen. can i just lean my thyroid over the burner? if so, for how long? my bathroom also has a red light heater in the ceiling, would it be beneficial to sit under that?

Unscrew the bulb and see if there's a model number, watts, etc. Those bathroom heat bulbs are usually good for red light. I would not stick your neck over the stove lol.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter

You don't want to put your body over, or close to your infrared heater, it emits a lot of thermal heat that could burn you. Staying 3-5 feet back and soaking in some of its warmth and mostly infrared wavelengths is ok sometimes, if it makes you feel good.

The heat lamp in the bathroom is same, mostly infrared light and thermal energy that will warm you up, but this is not the same as using a LED light device for photobiomodulation, for that you need a strong focused LED light with the diodes specifically tuned on the visible 600 nm - 700 nm range.

This light is excellent and very reasonable price.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/...d-device-610nm-630nm-670nm.20659/#post-287077

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals