Red Light Therapy / LLLT Cures Hypothyroid?

Nathan777

Yes i still use the orange/red, most important is getting the light into the eyes and over the liver and pancreas areas. I was able to get off NTD using it over my thyroid and now only do my thyroid when weather is really cold, i believe some people may not get the long term benefits me and others have experienced because they are not open to the the nutritional changes they will need to go through to adapt to the changes in thyroid and endocrine functioning the light facilities. At times i have found it helpful to stop using the light for a few days to a week then start up again.

Anything in particular or just the usual Peat-ey metabolic boosting nutrition we all know and love?

I've been using my LGS1 for about a month now and absolutely love it. Just waking up and shining it on my face/forehead/thyroid gives me such warmth like a beautiful Spring day I can instantly feel my mood improve. Beyond that I think it's improved my libido a great deal, although there's been many other changes so hard to specifically say it's the light. Also had surgery last month and shined red light on my incision wound 2x a day for just a minute or two and my surgeon was blown away by the healing progress. Had to tell her all about red light. Definitely something to all this, although still playing around with dosage, distance, time of day, etc. to find the optimum.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Anything in particular or just the usual Peat-ey metabolic boosting nutrition we all know and love?

I've been using my LGS1 for about a month now and absolutely love it. Just waking up and shining it on my face/forehead/thyroid gives me such warmth like a beautiful Spring day I can instantly feel my mood improve. Beyond that I think it's improved my libido a great deal, although there's been many other changes so hard to specifically say it's the light. Also had surgery last month and shined red light on my incision wound 2x a day for just a minute or two and my surgeon was blown away by the healing progress. Had to tell her all about red light. Definitely something to all this, although still playing around with dosage, distance, time of day, etc. to find the optimum.

That's wonderful your having good experiences with the light, i think the big think with nutrition is just being open to change, with myself i find that i want and need different types of food depending on the season and the weather. When i began shinning the light on my thyroid it started really increasing my metabolism, so my body needed more sugar and protein. Everyones relationship with sugar is different, i don't digest the pure commercial white sugar very well, but do good with raw organic sugar and raw agave syrup, sometimes honey, i found the easiest most pleasant way to have sugar through out the day was to make my own lemonade, and it has the added benefits of lemons natural vitamin C and array of bioavailable minerals.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
One of the supplements i find works very well and synergistically with red light therapy is methylene blue, i think its truly a remarkable substance that offers numerous health benefits, i like Oxidal from Idea Labs.

Fractality

One of the supplements i find works very well and synergistically with red light therapy is methylene blue, i think its truly a remarkable substance that offers numerous health benefits, i like Oxidal from Idea Labs.

Do you take it orally with the red light therapy or apply it topically over the area you shine the red light on?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Do you take it orally with the red light therapy or apply it topically over the area you shine the red light on?

I use it orally, i put the drops in about 1/4 water, swish in my mouth then drink it, i find with Methylene Blue its good start slowly to allow your body to acclimate, like one drop 3 days a week at first, then one drop every other day, then one drop a day, then 2-4 or maybe little bit more drops a day depending how you feel.

Its important the Methylene Blue is USP and you know the percentage you are taking, thats why i like Oxidal.

cyclops

Yes i still use the orange/red, most important is getting the light into the eyes and over the liver and pancreas areas

Do you think wearing contact lenses has any negative effect? Should you remove them in order to get the benefits of shining this light in your eyes?

I used the LGS1 for 10 minutes at a distance of 10" for 5 consecutive days then stopped, felt significantly better for 2 days and noted increased thyroid output but then I started getting throat pain and inflammation and burning around the thyroid gland, even though I didn't use the light for over a week it doesn't stop. I'm taking selenium and it helps a bit but the inflammation continues. Every day it peaks around 10 AM, in the evening and early morning it almost disappears.

What the hell do I do ? Did I give myself Hashimoto's or some ***t ?

aquaman

Same. I just use Methylene blue fish tank stuff off ebay or amazon. A few bucks lasts a few years. And the @RedLightMan full body light

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I used the LGS1 for 10 minutes at a distance of 10" for 5 consecutive days then stopped, felt significantly better for 2 days and noted increased thyroid output but then I started getting throat pain and inflammation and burning around the thyroid gland, even though I didn't use the light for over a week it doesn't stop. I'm taking selenium and it helps a bit but the inflammation continues. Every day it peaks around 10 AM, in the evening and early morning it almost disappears.

What the hell do I do ? Did I give myself Hashimoto's or some ***t ?

I highly doubt you gave your self hashimoto's, I'm surprised its doing much at all at the distance your holding the light, i would try holding closer, but do for shorter sessions, 1-4 min at a time and best is get light in to your open eyes, hold light 4-5" from your nose centered on your eyes, focus your gaze just above the light leave your eyes wide open, if light seems to bright then squint your eyes at first and slowly open them. Also holding light on your abdomen over liver and pancreas areas, against the skin or 1-4" away for 3-5 min each location.

“Additionally, LLLT to the forehead and scalp with an LED cluster at 633 nm and 870 nm has been reported to improve and maintain attention, executive function, and memory in two patients with chronic traumatic brain injury.97 LLLT with a power density of 22.2 mW/cm2 was applied for 10 minutes per placement weekly for 2 months or daily for 4 months prior to testing of the cognitive effects, and these patients have continued daily treatment at home for up to 5.5 years. Remarkably, no side effects have been reported so far with the use of LLLT in humans.

Low-level light therapy of the eye and brain

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Do you think wearing contact lenses has any negative effect? Should you remove them in order to get the benefits of shining this light in your eyes?

I think best you remove your contact lenses first to be safe and for optimal results.

I highly doubt you gave your self hashimoto's, I'm surprised its doing much at all at the distance your holding the light, i would try holding closer, but do for shorter sessions, 1-4 min at a time and best is get light in to your open eyes, hold light 4-5" from your nose centered on your eyes, focus your gaze just above the light leave your eyes wide open, if light seems to bright then squint your eyes at first and slowly open them. Also holding light on your abdomen over liver and pancreas areas, against the skin or 1-4" away for 3-5 min each location.

“Additionally, LLLT to the forehead and scalp with an LED cluster at 633 nm and 870 nm has been reported to improve and maintain attention, executive function, and memory in two patients with chronic traumatic brain injury.97 LLLT with a power density of 22.2 mW/cm2 was applied for 10 minutes per placement weekly for 2 months or daily for 4 months prior to testing of the cognitive effects, and these patients have continued daily treatment at home for up to 5.5 years. Remarkably, no side effects have been reported so far with the use of LLLT in humans.

Low-level light therapy of the eye and brain

I am literally not putting it anywhere near my face until the swelling and inflammation in my throat area goes away. Any hints on how to do that?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I am literally not putting it anywhere near my face until the swelling and inflammation in my throat area goes away. Any hints on how to do that?

Ok sounds good, charcoal may be helpful, internally 1-2 Tsp mixed with water in the evenings for a week or two… and also as try as a poultice occasionally. You could use the light just over your liver area and see how that feels. Stay hydrated (no chemically treated water) make sure your bowls are moving well.

DETOX 1600 Activated Charcoal POWDER - USP Grade

Making A Charcoal Poultice

Makrosky

Yeah the throat pain problem is quite common. I hope some day someone has an answer on what's exactly going on with that pain because the light works wonders on the thyroid but the pain is scary.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
The light is helping many people, I'm not sure exactly whats going with some folks that have a stronger reaction at first, my feeling is that as the light photons interact with our cells and increase metabolism there is going to to be a some detoxing going on and that if you keep up with it and support your bodies with good nutrition and supplements that improve immune and digestive functioning it will pass and you will start to feel much better. Super nutrients like Medicinal Mushrooms; Reishi, Turkey Tail, Cordyceps, other nutrients that are excellent are Larch Arabinogalactans and MSM.

I know of only one person that is a friend that had a strong reaction to the light at first, whenever she held the light over her thyroid and face she would get a sore throat, a headache, and her face would get puffy, basically flue like symptoms, but she saw how much it was helping other people so she was determined to work through it, she gave it couple week break and just focused using the light every day over her liver and some other abdomen locations, the light helps organs and also systemically by enhancing mitochondrial functioning of white blood cells and this helps our whole body, the areas just below the sternum is the location of our bodies major arteries and veins, placing the light over these areas is very beneficial.

She increased the nutrients she was taking and used the light on her abdomen almost every day and slowly started using the light over her thyroid and eyes, at first 2 times a week then 3 times a week, the first month she had a lot of of the same detox symptoms, then after a about 6 weeks she was able to use the light every day over her thyroid and face with feeling good, she is a nurse and very tough so that helped, but i think this is a good example of a method that may work for some of you.

This link has good info of location of major arteries, on the abdomen just below the sternum is one of the best places to hold the light.

Video: Arteries of abdomen and pelvis | Kenhub

“Alongside systemic benefits from thyroid exposure, applying light anywhere on the body also gives systemic benefits, via the blood (Ihsan FR, 2005. Rodrigo SM et al., 2009. Leal Junior EC et al., 2010). Although red blood cells have no mitochondria; blood platelets, white blood cells and other types of cells present in the blood do contain mitochondria. This alone can lower inflammation and cortisol levels – a stress hormone that prevents T4 -> T3 activation (Albertini et al., 2007).”

cyclops

Crazy how this works. Just started the red light a couple days for 10 minutes on face and throat and I have had an extremely sore throat since then. Hurts to swallow. Also feel a bit sick, cold type symptoms.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Crazy how this works. Just started the red light a couple days for 10 minutes on face and throat and I have had an extremely sore throat since then. Hurts to swallow. Also feel a bit sick, cold type symptoms.

Ten minuets is a long time especially when just starting, i have never found it necessary to do more then 4-8 min on any location even shorter times may be very effective, i would start with 2-3 min, you could even do 1 min at a time but more frequently. In the morning after waking up is good time to do over thyroid, eyes and face, not late at night, in evening can be nice time to do the abdomen locations.

cyclops

Ten minuets is a long time especially when just starting, i have never found it necessary to do more then 4-8 min on any location even shorter times may be very effective, i would start with 2-3 min, you could even do 1 min at a time but more frequently. In the morning after waking up is good time to do over thyroid, eyes and face, not late at night, in evening can be nice time to do the abdomen locations.

Cool. That's what I'll do then.

Same here, and it doesn't go away despite that I've stopped the red light. Wish someone could help :(

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals