Red Light Therapy / LLLT Cures Hypothyroid?

Anyone know what a good amount of time would be to use this red light device shined directly on the thyroid to help with hypothyroidism? It is from Redlightman.com it is a combo of 620 ◦ 670 ◦ 760 ◦ 830 nm and is 200mw per cm2 at a distance of 5cm. Red-Infrared Combo Mini - Red Light Man

combo-rlm2-510x510.jpg

This is actually a fairly good question and I can't find a good answer. I am experimenting with this myself again as my recent TSH came it at almost 4. I had it down to 2 about a year ago using mostly curcumin.

Anyway most of the thyroid studies use lasers, so it is quite hard to compare in terms of dosage, because those lasers give a very high fluence in J/cm^2 due to the narrow beam size, and some use it only on certain points on the thyroid, others sweep over the whole gland, so it is hard to extrapolate a dosage for an LED device which shines over the entire gland in a rather diffuse manner.

In any case one study extrapolated that the sweep method they used gave an effective coverage of around 2-3J/cm^2 over the whole gland.

That would only be about 10-15 seconds of using the Infrared Mini 830 at a distance of 10 cm from the gland. A very small amount of time, and it's hard to picture it doing anything, but technically speaking, that would be the dose to use... I've already done several sessions. I plan to do 8 (2x weekly, 4 weeks) just like in the study then retest my TSH after a weeklong cooldown period.

FitnessMike

This is actually a fairly good question and I can't find a good answer. I am experimenting with this myself again as my recent TSH came it at almost 4. I had it down to 2 about a year ago using mostly curcumin.

Anyway most of the thyroid studies use lasers, so it is quite hard to compare in terms of dosage, because those lasers give a very high fluence in J/cm^2 due to the narrow beam size, and some use it only on certain points on the thyroid, others sweep over the whole gland, so it is hard to extrapolate a dosage for an LED device which shines over the entire gland in a rather diffuse manner.

In any case one study extrapolated that the sweep method they used gave an effective coverage of around 2-3J/cm^2 over the whole gland.

That would only be about 10-15 seconds of using the Infrared Mini 830 at a distance of 10 cm from the gland. A very small amount of time, and it's hard to picture it doing anything, but technically speaking, that would be the dose to use... I've already done several sessions. I plan to do 8 (2x weekly, 4 weeks) just like in the study then retest my TSH after a weeklong cooldown period.
Hi Mr, any updates on red light therapy?

FitnessMike

Anyone still on red light journey?

I recently started red light mini suggested by @Daniel11 , two 15 min sessions daily, holding the bulb close to the skin on the neck. So far no noticeable effects after a week.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals