Red Light Therapy / LLLT Cures Hypothyroid?

papaya

thank you guys so much for responding so fast/before i had a chance to do any damage!

zes

Wow this red light stuff is amazing. Well I used the infrared device on this occasion.

I went to the gym for the first time ever and my arms and body are killing me. Never lifted weights before. 10 minutes of IR light on my right arm and it's like magic: I can move the arm again and stretch it fully which I wasn't able to do before. I'm going to shine the light on my left arm too now.

zes

I was wondering.... I have issues converting t4 to t3. My t4 is around 14.1 or so. Will shining red light on my liver help the conversion? Ofcourse I'm looking into other aspects of this issue but it occurred to me that red light might help.

Sucrates

I was wondering.... I have issues converting t4 to t3. My t4 is around 14.1 or so. Will shining red light on my liver help the conversion? Ofcourse I'm looking into other aspects of this issue but it occurred to me that red light might help.

Probably not practical to reach the liver directly without pulsing. Some light on the skin might help though. I think Ray has said it affects estrogen/progesterone ratio.

Ashoka

For those that have the Red Light Device or know about it, can we try to establish some clear ideas/parameters about general usage, following those that have been discussed already? A lot of what has been discussed is the mini.

For example, for thyroid - is 8 minutes at close range still reasonable?
For testes, is two sessions at 3 minutes with about ~7 inches distance okay?
For eyes/face, what's a comfortable but effective distance?

It's understood that everyone is going to be slightly different and that these are just guidelines for the individual to then fine tune for themselves. But it's worth it to try and simplify so people can take safe, actionable steps.

Memento

Anyone else got pain in their thyroid/general neck area after using the light on it? I wonder how it feels to have your own immune cells attacking your thyroid.. Yikes

Makrosky

Anyone else got pain in their thyroid/general neck area after using the light on it? I wonder how it feels to have your own immune cells attacking your thyroid.. Yikes
Yes it is common. It's on this or other redlight threads. Why do you think it's an autoimmune attack? No offense but it sounds fantasious.

Memento

I tried the search but didn't succeed very well I guess. More like basic paranoid hypochondric me, one of those stress sources I need to get rid of...

Makrosky

I tried the search but didn't succeed very well I guess. More like basic paranoid hypochondric me, one of those stress sources I need to get rid of...
Hahaha ok well yeah we all tried to guess what the hell is that sore neck pain after LLLT but couldn't find an answer. In some people it stops after a few sessions. In my case it never stopped so I stopped first, to be safe. Have you checked the resonantfm posts on lllt on thyroid? Really worth it.

Please let me know if you find more info on the issue :):

Diokine

I think that in general red light will encourage tissue towards an accumulation of cyclic AMP, similar to sympathetic stimulation, and will increase the activity of thyroid peroxidase. Increasing TPO activity outside of hypothalamic and dopaminergic regulatory control can lead to increased inflammation in the thyroid. I've noticed this effect is much more pronounced if I've experienced sleep disruption, and proper supplementation with either ascorbic acid, selenium, or n-acetyl-cysteine seems to decrease it.

Makrosky

I think that in general red light will encourage tissue towards an accumulation of cyclic AMP, similar to sympathetic stimulation, and will increase the activity of thyroid peroxidase. Increasing TPO activity outside of hypothalamic and dopaminergic regulatory control can lead to increased inflammation in the thyroid. I've noticed this effect is much more pronounced if I've experienced sleep disruption, and proper supplementation with either ascorbic acid, selenium, or n-acetyl-cysteine seems to decrease it.
But it is strange this is never mentioned in the literature (the one specifically focused on lllt on thyroid).

I never get any discomfort from LLLT, just amazing benefits, but that's probably cause I take iodine abd selenium, amd have subnormal thyroid production as is. I'm not overdriving TPO, more like bringing it up to normal.

I blame my pituitary for being hypohyroid despite a high Tsh.

papaya

I never get any discomfort from LLLT, just amazing benefits, but that's probably cause I take iodine abd selenium, amd have subnormal thyroid production as is. I'm not overdriving TPO, more like bringing it up to normal.

I blame my pituitary for being hypohyroid despite a high Tsh.
what type of iodine do you take? how long & how often do you use the red light for?

what type of iodine do you take? how long & how often do you use the red light for?

Lugol's 2%. 10-15 mins@ ~30cm distance, 5 days a week for 2-3 weeks then stop and evaluate, thats what I plan to do starting today. Used to use it every other day but now I will try to replicate the studies.

Soren

Forum Supporter
I use it basically everywhere. Sometimes I press it against my skin but usually 2-4 inches from my skin. I think the most beneficial effects are from shining it on the thyroid and eyes. I haven't experienced a sore throat, just the testicles/penis irritation and corner of mouth skin sore.

I had the exact same problem. Using full body light product. If I use it too much I get cracks in the corner of my mouth that i'm pretty sure is angular cheilitis, got similar cracks on my junk. Never got testicle irritation though. I was using the full body product every day. Now I use it 2 or 3 times a week and don't seem to have any problems.

Wagner83

@Fractality and @Daniel11 do you guys still use the redlight? I never got the better of the sore throat (didn't try it many times) when shined on the thyroid, and even experienced sinusitis when shining it on the face as well as the thyroid.. I remember Daniel said there were times when the body felt like "resisting" the positive changes caused by the redlight (to get better after).

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
@Fractality and @Daniel11 do you guys still use the redlight? I never got the better of the sore throat (didn't try it many times) when shined on the thyroid, and even experienced sinusitis when shining it on the face as well as the thyroid.. I remember Daniel said there were times when the body felt like "resisting" the positive changes caused by the redlight (to get better after).

Yes i still use the orange/red, most important is getting the light into the eyes and over the liver and pancreas areas. I was able to get off NTD using it over my thyroid and now only do my thyroid when weather is really cold, i believe some people may not get the long term benefits me and others have experienced because they are not open to the the nutritional changes they will need to go through to adapt to the changes in thyroid and endocrine functioning the light facilities. At times i have found it helpful to stop using the light for a few days to a week then start up again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals