Red Light Therapy / LLLT Cures Hypothyroid?

Wagner83

Same thing.

By the way, what symptoms were you getting when shining it on the thyroid ?
Sometimes I get sensations one has when he's sick and will start coughing. However 3-4 mn may be better.

There can be a adjustment time, and doing through the eyes is transformational. good to be consistent with the thyroid and testes for a couple weeks, do for less time at first or alternate days, but i would give it a chance, after you can deiced if its best to keep doing on what locations or you could save thyroid and testes for another time, use your intuition. The temples, forehead and face is great to do and feels wonderful, at some point i would continue to get light through open eyes, you can hold light arms length at first then slowly move closer. Have you tried on the abdomen areas..

Ok thanks. I'll keep doing the testes and thyroid for 3-5 minutes once or twice a day.

Makrosky

Sometimes I get sensations one has when he's sick and will start coughing. However 3-4 mn may be better.

Ok thanks. I'll keep doing the testes and thyroid for 3-5 minutes once or twice a day.
Yeah I got a similar thing too in my throat but worse. Have you read my posts about that sickness feeling in this same thread a few pages before ?

zes

What distance from the skin did you use it ?

Around 15-20 cm.

Thats great, the light you have is the bigger one, it has all great wavelengths, but if you choose to use through the open eyes you will want to hold light farther then the 4" i have been suggesting for the red light device mini.

Yeah it was kind of hard to look at it directly.

Wagner83

Yeah I got a similar thing too in my throat but worse. Have you read my posts about that sickness feeling in this same thread a few pages before ?
Yes we talked about it over pm and you said you would contact Ray.

Makrosky

Yes we talked about it over pm and you said you would contact Ray.
Yes I did. Sorry I forgot to add his answer to the thread, that's what he said :
When a person’s thyroid is working optimally, I think the TSH should be below about 0.4. Increasing circulation and cell activity, in the presence of TSH stress, might intensify the inflammatory effects of TSH. Red light penetrates tissue very deeply, since it isn’t absorbed by water or hemoglobin.

Makrosky

Yes I did. Sorry I forgot to add his answer to the thread, that's what he said :
So with a TSH higher than 0.4 I would start using very low doses. Maybe 1 minute a day. I'm not gonna do it now until i fix the estro/T thing. I asked ray also about that issue and he said using NDT, upping protein intake and reducing muscle meat in favour of other proteins like milk will surely help. He didn't seem worried about high T or low fsh/lh. Only thing that kind of worried him was the estrone and a lowerish SHBG.

Wagner83

I'm very curious about low dose NDT, the bummer is that there's often a shortage of supply and how knows for how long we'll be able to have access to it. I remember haidut saying it could be an issue sooner rather than later given the difficulty to find reliable suppliers for it.
About the thyroid and illness effect, I've wondered if it could be the lungs, from what I remember NO and asthma are correlated, perhaps the lungs don't appreciate to be cleared of all NO at once, but after a couple of weeks things could be a lot better.I know that a lot of the physical problems I had in the past had to do with the respiratory system.
Wouldn't major NO release temporarily increase leakage and issues in the lungs? Guesswork.
Leakiness, aging, and cancer
Emphysema (which can be caused by hypothyroidism or hyper-estrogenism, and often can be cured by thyroid or progesterone) and many other respiratory problems are associated with capillary leakage. Cells of the lung and intestine are able to synthesize their own fibrin, apparently because of their special problems in preventing leakage.

Makrosky

I'm very curious about low dose NDT, the bummer is that there's often a shortage of supply and how knows for how long we'll be able to have access to it. I remember haidut saying it could be an issue sooner rather than later given the difficulty to find reliable suppliers for it.
About the thyroid and illness effect, I've wondered if it could be the lungs, from what I remember NO and asthma are correlated, perhaps the lungs don't appreciate to be cleared of all NO at once, but after a couple of weeks things could be a lot better.I know that a lot of the physical problems I had in the past had to do with the respiratory system.
Wouldn't major NO release temporarily increase leakage and issues in the lungs? Guesswork.
Leakiness, aging, and cancer
I've had really good experiences with NDT, albeit I used it veeery sparsingly. Didn't want to be hooked to it though.

TripleOG

Interesting how many of us experience the scratchy/irritated throat feeling from red/infrared use on the thyroid. I wonder if participants in some of the successful thyroid photobiomodulation studies experienced the same thing. Would help ease some uncertainty.

Also someone with a slightly darker skin tone should expose themselves to the light bit longer right? I have a slightly tanned skin tone, brownish.

Interested in this question as well.

Anyone have some insight?

Makrosky

Interesting how many of us experience the scratchy/irritated throat feeling from red/infrared use on the thyroid. I wonder if participants in some of the successful thyroid photobiomodulation studies experienced the same thing. Would help ease some uncertainty.

Interested in this question as well.

Anyone have some insight?
Hmmm you have given me an idea. Maybe we could ask the study authors.

TheDrumGuy

Here is the absorption spectrum of melanin. I would guess skin tone doesn't matter for red/infrared nearly as much as it does for UV.

melanin.png

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Around 15-20 cm.

Yeah it was kind of hard to look at it directly.

The specs on the one you have and its strong focus is really good for certain body areas, but i think it's a little to much for the eyes, it would be worth getting the red light device mini for light gazing.

I have been working with these lights for over a year now, other lights for many years, if i had one choice of location to use the light it would be through my eyes, the light will also be shining on your face and forehead area. The light through the eyes not only helps heal the body it has a very positive affect on ones mind, it can help clear uncomfortable feelings and emotions, i have seen in many people it act as a strong natural antidepressant.

With the eyes its good to do daily, best time is first thing in the morning, with the red light device mini, one would hold light 3-5" from nose centered on the eyes and do for 4-8 min. You can squint at first then slowly open eyes over first minuet, then keep eyes wide open focus upwards at beginning then looking straight on the light eyes open as wide as you can.

After the eye gazing the room and lights will look purple and blue for few minutes, this is interesting, some people worry about this at first but its fine and good exercise for your eyes, if one prefers you can just relax after and rub your palms together and put over eyes for few minuets. Sometimes i like doing relaxed lying down some times sitting up, what ever feels most comfortable, light gazing is really a great way to start the day.

I usually do my abdomen areas in the evening, 3-8 min per location, i like over my liver and also really like holding the light few inches below my belly button, in Chinese medicine, tai ch, and qigong this area is called the Lower dantian. Above the belly button and also just below the sternum is very nice as is other areas you may feel good holding the light over.

"Lower dantian (下丹田, Xià Dāntián): below the navel (about three finger widths below and two finger widths behind the navel), which is also called "the golden stove" (金炉 pinyin: Jīn lú) or the namesake "cinnabar field" proper, where the process of developing the elixir by refining and purifying essence (jing) into vitality (qi) begins"

zes

The specs on the one you have and its strong focus is really good for certain body areas, but i think it's a little to much for the eyes, it would be worth getting the red light device mini for light gazing.

I have been working with these lights for over a year now, other lights for many years, if i had one choice of location to use the light it would be through my eyes, the light will also be shining on your face and forehead area. The light through the eyes not only helps heal the body it has a very positive affect on ones mind, it can help clear uncomfortable feelings and emotions, i have seen in many people it act as a strong natural antidepressant.

With the eyes its good to do daily, best time is first thing in the morning, with the red light device mini, one would hold light 3-5" from nose centered on the eyes and do for 4-8 min. You can squint at first then slowly open eyes over first minuet, then keep eyes wide open focus upwards at beginning then looking straight on the light eyes open as wide as you can.

After the eye gazing the room and lights will look purple and blue for few minutes, this is interesting, some people worry about this at first but its fine and good exercise for your eyes, if one prefers you can just relax after and rub your palms together and put over eyes for few minuets. Sometimes i like doing relaxed lying down some times sitting up, what ever feels most comfortable, light gazing is really a great way to start the day.

I usually do my abdomen areas in the evening, 3-8 min per location, i like over my liver and also really like holding the light few inches below my belly button, in Chinese medicine, tai ch, and qigong this area is called the Lower dantian. Above the belly button and also just below the sternum is very nice as is other areas you may feel good holding the light over.

"Lower dantian (下丹田, Xià Dāntián): below the navel (about three finger widths below and two finger widths behind the navel), which is also called "the golden stove" (金炉 pinyin: Jīn lú) or the namesake "cinnabar field" proper, where the process of developing the elixir by refining and purifying essence (jing) into vitality (qi) begins"

After 4 days of use I can safely gaze at the device at a distance of 20cm or so. Like you said my vision does act funny and everything seems purple for a few minutes. I was always told not to look at the sun directly as a kid as it is bad for your eyes.... I guess that's false? Good to know with red light it's the opposite at least.

Also regarding shining red light on the scrotum, how far away should I place the device? I've read some users say heat made their testicles swell or something.

Right now I'm just alternating between a day where I focus on my scalp entirely, another day my face and thyroid and I will try other body parts as well.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
After 4 days of use I can safely gaze at the device at a distance of 20cm or so. Like you said my vision does act funny and everything seems purple for a few minutes. I was always told not to look at the sun directly as a kid as it is bad for your eyes.... I guess that's false? Good to know with red light it's the opposite at least.

Also regarding shining red light on the scrotum, how far away should I place the device? I've read some users say heat made their testicles swell or something.

Right now I'm just alternating between a day where I focus on my scalp entirely, another day my face and thyroid and I will try other body parts as well.

There is debate going on right now what is best protocol for the testes, here is info from the company that makes the light..

https://redlightman.com/blog/red-light-triples-testicle-health-function/

zes

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals