Red Light Therapy / LLLT Cures Hypothyroid?

johnsmith

I've been using my "Red Light Mini" for a few days now. Very happy with it.

One idea I had was to use it in front of a fan to reduce the heat. Not that it produces much heat. Just an idea.

The light is a bit brighter then I thought it would be. I can pretty much only stare at it with my eyes closed at the moment. Hopefully my eyes will strengthen to its brightness.

@Daniel11 Did u say you stare just above the red light, while its 5 finger widths from your nose, getting the light in the whites of your eyes? Do you point the light directly at your eyes or angle it? Thanks for all your help in these redlight threads, much appreciated.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Damn, I wish @charlie would have given me the heads up on this as well.
Sorry man I wanted to say something earlier but was told to hold off till the deal with the manufacturer was made. Yeh man I think people are gonna be stoked! :D Debra is going to offer a quality light at a good price. She is also working on a second light right now, which I think many are gonna be especially excited about too.

Constatine

I was going to order their red light device which seems to be out of stock (just my luck). But the combo light device is available and was contemplating whether I should purchase it before this one runs out too.... would you say it's as effective as their red light device or even better considering it has infrared as well?
It's really preference. It can penetrate deeper which is beneficial under some circumstances but you have to be more careful with the dosage considerating infrared is less safe than red light. I do recommend it though. I have had good results with it.

Makrosky

I was going to order their red light device which seems to be out of stock (just my luck). But the combo light device is available and was contemplating whether I should purchase it before this one runs out too.... would you say it's as effective as their red light device or even better considering it has infrared as well?
Read the thread, it's explained by Daniel. I wouldn't buy the combo IMHO because you won't be able to isolate if the benefits/problems are from the redlight or the infrared. The ideal thing would be having two separate devices, one red, one infrared. Then you decide if you like both.

Wagner83

I've been using the red light mini for 5 days, in the eyes, on the scrotum and the last 3 days or so on the thyroid, twice a day for 8 min each.
So far the effects are very subtle if any.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I've been using my "Red Light Mini" for a few days now. Very happy with it.

One idea I had was to use it in front of a fan to reduce the heat. Not that it produces much heat. Just an idea.

The light is a bit brighter then I thought it would be. I can pretty much only stare at it with my eyes closed at the moment. Hopefully my eyes will strengthen to its brightness.

@Daniel11 Did u say you stare just above the red light, while its 5 finger widths from your nose, getting the light in the whites of your eyes? Do you point the light directly at your eyes or angle it? Thanks for all your help in these redlight threads, much appreciated.

Yes 4-5 finger widths from the nose, focus light directly at the eyes. If your eyes are sensitive start with them squinted then slowly open during the light session, they will adjust, light seems bright to me for first few moments also, then i relax and enjoy.

I've been using the Infrared Light Mini for the past couple of weeks. Prior to that I used a wide-spectrum Bioptron/Zepter halogen lamp with a yellow filter.

I can definitely say that the halogen lamp has a more pronounced effect - more libido and energy in the short term. I don't know about long term healing potential, but so far I am not liking the pure-infrared for my thyroid, looking solely at the short term biological effects and how I feel.

I may decide to sell it and try the Red Light Mini instead. I originally got the Infrared because that is what the RedLightMan website (and laser studies) recommended for use on the thyroid. Reading the anecdotal reports on this thread seems to suggest more people prefer the visible Red Light than the infrared - if I had read this sooner I probably would've bought that light.

zes

I just got my red light device from red light man today. Industrial boxy looking one with a fan. Its bright! My eyes closed and still it was too much. Had to wear sunglasses.

Also someone with a slightly darker skin tone should expose themselves to the light bit longer right? I have a slightly tanned skin tone, brownish.

Wagner83

I have continued to experiment with the red light. So far I'm not convinced by its use on the scrotum , depending on the dose, which I'm not sure would be the same depending on age and hormones levels, it may be a different story. I'm not convinced at all by shining the liht on the thyroid, somehow this makes me feel as if I was starting to get ill where I shine it, perhaps this is a good thing in the long term, but I have my doubts. Now what I really love is to use it on the temples , forehead, anywhere on the face really. Before bed it's very relaxing and pleasant . As I kept looking at the light to use the eyes as Daniel suggested, I started noticing a sort of unpleasant inner surge of energy/adrenaline as I used it, identical to what I sometimes experience when a very fast train passes by.
@Daniel11 I believe you said using the light on the thyrod and elsewhere wasn't a straight forward progression but at times you felt negative effects that wore off. Do you mind elaborating on that?

Makrosky

I have continued to experiment with the red light. So far I'm not convinced by its use on the scrotum , depending on the dose, which I'm not sure would be the same depending on age and hormones levels, it may be a different story. I'm not convinced at all by shining the liht on the thyroid, somehow this makes me feel as if I was starting to get ill where I shine it, perhaps this is a good thing in the long term, but I have my doubts. Now what I really love is to use it on the temples , forehead, anywhere on the face really. Before bed it's very relaxing and pleasant . As I kept looking at the light to use the eyes as Daniel suggested, I started noticing a sort of unpleasant inner surge of energy/adrenaline as I used it, identical to what I sometimes experience when a very fast train passes by.
@Daniel11 I believe you said using the light on the thyrod and elsewhere wasn't a straight forward progression but at times you felt negative effects that wore off. Do you mind elaborating on that?
Same thing.

By the way, what symptoms were you getting when shining it on the thyroid ?

zes

Just had my first red light session. A bit more info:

Weather today: typical england. Rainy, cloudy, depressing. Cold as well. Basically a pretty crappy day.

I was in a bad mood actually with all my university work to do.

After my 15 minute red light session: wow, stress basically gone, feeling slightly happy oddly. This is amazing! Used it on my face and scalp. I will try my chest and other body parts over the coming days.

TheDrumGuy

Weather today: typical england. Rainy, cloudy, depressing. Cold as well. Basically a pretty crappy day.

After my 15 minute red light session: wow, stress basically gone, feeling slightly happy oddly. This is amazing! Used it on my face and scalp. I will try my chest and other body parts over the coming days.

What light are you using?

zes

What light are you using?

After reading threads about red light on here, and being in the UK myself, I couldn't ignore the praise Red Light Man had been receiving. A UK based company, I ordered their red light device Red light device - Red Light Man

I feel relaxed after a very stressful day. I will have to experiment a bit to see its effects, hoping to improve my skin mostly and hair. I'm going to decrease my vitamin A doses slightly for a few days to isolate/observe any effects red light has on my skin.

Makrosky

After reading threads about red light on here, and being in the UK myself, I couldn't ignore the praise Red Light Man had been receiving. A UK based company, I ordered their red light device Red light device - Red Light Man

I feel relaxed after a very stressful day. I will have to experiment a bit to see its effects, hoping to improve my skin mostly and hair. I'm going to decrease my vitamin A doses slightly for a few days to isolate/observe any effects red light has on my skin.
Thanks for sharing! Keep us updated with your experiences.

Makrosky

What distance from the skin did you use it ?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter

There can be a adjustment time, and doing through the eyes is transformational. good to be consistent with the thyroid and testes for a couple weeks, do for less time at first or alternate days, but i would give it a chance, after you can deiced if its best to keep doing on what locations or you could save thyroid and testes for another time, use your intuition. The temples, forehead and face is great to do and feels wonderful, at some point i would continue to get light through open eyes, you can hold light arms length at first then slowly move closer. Have you tried on the abdomen areas..

Daniel11

Forum Supporter

Thats great, the light you have is the bigger one, it has all great wavelengths, but if you choose to use through the open eyes you will want to hold light farther then the 4" i have been suggesting for the red light device mini.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals