Ray Peat On Butter And Cream Vs. Coconut Oil

Ahanu

He fries his eggs in butter, though. According to the last kmud Interview.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
"lot's"

Ahanu

A little frying isn't the same as eating gobs and gobs.
He is also drinking up to a gallon 1℅ milk which alone is about 38 g fat. Just for perspective.

sladerunner69

I cant seem to shed any of my fat in fact im only gaining body fat and I dont eat any butter whatsoever... I only eat some ice cream, gelato, cheeses, brie, choclates, pastries, and the occasional cheese

OP
Westside PUFAs
I cant seem to shed any of my fat in fact im only gaining body fat and I dont eat any butter whatsoever... I only eat some ice cream, gelato, cheeses, brie, choclates, pastries, and the occasional cheese

It's all still "butter" because it's dairy fat. So you eat cheeses, brie, and the occasional cheese?

OP
Westside PUFAs
Yeah it was just a touch of humour. I am indeed too fat for my liking, however. I wish I could eat all of my favorite dairy foods and be under 10% bodyfat...

Don't we all. It's the most dopaminergic food there is. Pure pleasure. But it unfortunately leads to problems if you can't control yourself. In a way that other foods wouldn't lead to those problems.

sladerunner69

Don't we all. It's the most dopaminergic food there is. Pure pleasure. But it unfortunately leads to problems if you can't control yourself. In a way that other foods wouldn't lead to those problems.

Well actually I believe the only problem with dairy, or full fat dairy, is that it will contribute to bodyfat but that in itself isnt necessarily unhealthy. Bodyfat is just a storage for fatty tissue, and while it is aesthetically unnappealing, I dont beleive dropping this weight would actually make me any healthier, which is probably the lack of motivation that keeps me from really driving to lose the extra 20 or so lbs.

OP
Westside PUFAs
Well actually I believe the only problem with dairy, or full fat dairy, is that it will contribute to bodyfat but that in itself isnt necessarily unhealthy. Bodyfat is just a storage for fatty tissue, and while it is aesthetically unnappealing, I dont beleive dropping this weight would actually make me any healthier, which is probably the lack of motivation that keeps me from really driving to lose the extra 20 or so lbs.

Toxins are stored in fat tissue. The more tissue you have, the more room to store toxins.

Fat tissue can produce things called cytokines. The Inflammatory Syndrome: The Role of Adipose Tissue Cytokines in Metabolic Disorders Linked to Obesity

The more fat tissue you have, the more likely you are to become a type two diabetic.

Also,

Dietary Fat Is Required For Cancer Metastasis
Achilles Heel Of Cancer Found - Its Addiction To Fat
Cancer Cells Addicted To Fat And Use Fat Oxidation For Survival

Last edited:

sladerunner69

Toxins are stored in fat tissue. The more tissue you have, the more room to store toxins.

Fat tissue can produce things called cytokines. The Inflammatory Syndrome: The Role of Adipose Tissue Cytokines in Metabolic Disorders Linked to Obesity

The more fat tissue you have, the more likely you are to become a type two diabetic.

Also,

I view all of those studies to be correlative not causitative. That by the way is a serious problemt hat the scientific community has always had, with niave scientists drawing simple conclusions based on a couple easy to understand variables. Like the famous study where a doctor did an autopsy on a heart attack victim, and found the arteries were clogged with saturated fat. Headlines read "Saturated fat and cholestrol clog arteries! Red meat kills! Eating mroe than one egg a week will kill you!" But they never botherred to dig into the research and run some analysis. The saturated fat was patching up oxidative damage caused by unsaturated fats. So unsaturated fats were causing heart attacks, and saturated fats were preventing them. It is like a police showing up at a fire and arresting the firemen because they looked suspicious.

Anyways fat causes all of these problems because the vast majority of fat people have far too many toxic unsaturated fats i their diets and therefore their tissues. Someone avoiding unsaturates will not have any of these problems, not diabetes or high estrogen or toxin overload or likely not even cancer.

OP
Westside PUFAs
"Just about everything that goes wrong involves FFA increase. If they are totally saturated fatty acids, such as from coconut oil and butter, those are less harmful, but they still tend to shift the mitochondrial cellular metabolism away from using glucose and fructose and turning on various stress related things; By lowering the carbon dioxide production I think is the main mechanism."-RP

schultz

Yeah it was just a touch of humour. I am indeed too fat for my liking, however. I wish I could eat all of my favorite dairy foods and be under 10% bodyfat...

I got that it was a joke when I read it! So it wasn't lost :D

Also,

Fat storing toxins seems like a good thing, like a defense mechanism.

I'd rather my body control the dose of toxin it receives versus having toxins run amok and wreak havoc.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

Also,

Fat tissue also causes two problems with cortisol:

1) 11-beta HSD1 synthesizes cortisol and appears in greater concentration in the obese (from the adipose tissue).
2) There's some evidence that the obese are actually more sensitive to 11-beta HSD1, so not only do you have more of this dehydrogenase enzyme in your tissues, but its activity may be greater in the context of obesity.

Fat tissue also causes two problems with cortisol:

1) 11-beta HSD1 synthesizes cortisol and appears in greater concentration in the obese (from the adipose tissue).
2) There's some evidence that the obese are actually more sensitive to 11-beta HSD1, so not only do you have more of this dehydrogenase enzyme in your tissues, but its activity may be greater in the context of obesity.

People with higher cortisol are probably more prone to obesity, correlation doesn't equal causation blah blah blah you already know that.

Or perhaps obese people are just unhealthy and as a result are obese and have high cortisol.

DaveFoster

People with higher cortisol are probably more prone to obesity, correlation doesn't equal causation blah blah blah you already know that.

Or perhaps obese people are just unhealthy and as a result are obese and have high cortisol.
It's more like: extended inflammatory response -----> decreased insulin sensitivity in favor of aerobic glycolysis (cortisol release) ------> hunger -----> food consumption -----> storage.

Normally, the cycle would end there, inflammation would cease in its perpetuation, and the organism would enter a euthyroid state, but in the presence of certain elevated antimetabolic factors (PUFA, fluoride, tryptophan and its metabolites, estrogen therapy, psychological and intestinal stress etc.) the inflammation persists.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals