Butter And Heat/frying

Isn't butter (excluding coconut oil) recommended by Ray Peat for frying (e.g., eggs)? It should be because butter is mostly saturated fats and Ray Peat wrote saturated fats are stable:

"The fact that saturated fats are dominant in tropical plants and in warm-blooded animals relates to the stability of these oils at high temperatures." -- Ray Peat

But if butter is stable or recommended for frying, then that doesn't make sense because butter has a lower smoking point than even highly unsaturated vegetable oils.

Can someone please clarify this for me?

milkboi

Can someone please clarify this for me?

You just unintentionally made a really good joke haha. Let me explain: Butter burns at higher temperatures because it still contains some proteins. Clarified butter (ghee) does not, and therefore has a much higher smoke point. I hope I clarified that for you. ;)

OP
Mr. God of Cars
You just unintentionally made a really good joke haha. Let me explain: Butter burns at higher temperatures because it still contains some proteins. Clarified butter (ghee) does not, and therefore has a much higher smoke point. I hope I clarified that for you. ;)
I see it lol.

So, can and should I still fry my eggs in butter?