Ray's Carrot Salad - Coconut Oil Vs EVOO

Logan-

I prefer to use extra virgin olive oil instead of coconut oil when preparing Ray Peat's carrot salad. I know RP mostly suggests coconut oil for the salad, because of its powerful antimicrobial effects.

Would using EVOO instead reduce the carrot salad's antimicrobial effect to a great extent?

Quotes from RP:

“My first suggestion for someone with PMS is to avoid thyroid suppression (darkness and endurance exercise should be avoided), and to use my carrot salad recipe: Grated carrots, vinegar, coconut oil and salt are the essentials, garlic and olive oil are optional. Acetic acid and fatty acids released from the coconut oil act at different levels, and the carrot fiber is a timed-release system which also binds toxins and stimulates the bowel; the salt spares magnesium and tends to inhibit excessive prolactin release.”

"Many people find that daily use of the raw carrot eliminates their PMS, headaches, or allergies. The use of oil and vinegar as dressing intensifies the bowel-cleansing effect of the salad. Coconut oil is more germicidal and thyroid promoting than olive oil, but a mixture of coconut and olive oil improves the flavor. Lime juice. salt, cheese and meats can be used to vary the flavor.”

“Yes, the plain carrot is good. For people who want more antimicrobial effect, the saturated fats and vinegar are helpful.”

Source: functionalps.com

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals