The Coconut Oil Miracle~ Who Has Eaten 3.5 tbsp’s Of Coconut Oil A Day?

Havde

I remember it irritating the absolute hell out of my stomach i just want to find ways to put it in food instead. Apparently coconut butter tastes awesome
Shrimp and coconut oil is a match made in heaven if you ask me ?

tankasnowgod

Hmmm…my virgin coconut oil has very little taste. I wonder if it’s hydrogenated. It’s the Nutiva brand.

I don't think any brands sold in the store are. If it turns to liquid around 76 degrees, it's not.

I get "92 degree" coconut oil, which is hydrogenated. You have to search it out from online vendors. Even less PUFA (CO is already pretty low), and higher in Stearic Acid, as saturating linoleic and oleic acids makes Stearic. Hydrogenated Coconut Oil is the best oil for deep frying, if you want to do that. So, if you want things like tortilla chips or French fries. Or, want to try "frying" a burger.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
I don't think any brands sold in the store are. If it turns to liquid around 76 degrees, it's not.

I get "92 degree" coconut oil, which is hydrogenated. You have to search it out from online vendors. Even less PUFA (CO is already pretty low), and higher in Stearic Acid, as saturating linoleic and oleic acids makes Stearic. Hydrogenated Coconut Oil is the best oil for deep frying, if you want to do that. So, if you want things like tortilla chips or French fries. Or, want to try "frying" a burger.
Thanks I’ll have to look into that.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
I

I do!
I get a gallon delivered every other month.
My morning drink until well after noon is
Brewed coffee, ceylon cinnamon, salt, dark cocoa, sugar, milk, coconut cream.
To boiling. In winter I thicken with masa to make a velvety smooth thick hot beverage.
My hair and skin got better, I lost my covidyear weight.
Not eating until after a panful of this beverage midday, best change in 7 years.
Next: coconut cream fudge, freezer ice cream
I have noticed this too…I wrote this in another thread but my skin just glows with the coconut oil. I have good skin but it’s hard to describe…I’m glowy :D There’s like this nice sheen to it…and not greasy either. Perhaps it’s the antibacterial component of coconut oil….I don’t know if anyone has done a comparison to coconut oil and butter as far as skin quality, but it would be interesting to hear

Yonebayashian

I have more or less been living off of coconut oil and have been having like three to six tablespoons a day. It has been a total lifesaver and is the only form of energy my body readily accepts without issues. In combination with sugar throughout the day it gives me a smooth strong baseline.

Coconut oil gives me raging insomnia. No other issues at all. I would love to have it in my daily regimen for all its purported benefits but it eradicates the ability to get tired and fall asleep, which is very annoying. I can tolerate coffee just fine, but coconut oil is like a wakefulness agent for my physiology.
This happened to me at first so I started to only have it in the early day to afternoon.

Raw unheated coconut oil eaten without ever being heated is more energizing than coconut oil that's been heated or used in cooking. Aajonus Vonderplantiz vindicated. In bioenergetics by Albert Svent Georgie he talks about how heat agitation causes the loss of stored light in food, who knows how much stored light or electrons are lost through heating raw fats. Raw fat keto might even be completely viable or superior to burning carbs for all we know, there aren't any studies looking specifically at raw never-heated fat diets.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
I have more or less been living off of coconut oil and have been having like three to six tablespoons a day. It has been a total lifesaver and is the only form of energy my body readily accepts without issues. In combination with sugar throughout the day it gives me a smooth strong baseline.

This happened to me at first so I started to only have it in the early day to afternoon.

Raw unheated coconut oil eaten without ever being heated is more energizing than coconut oil that's been heated or used in cooking. Aajonus Vonderplantiz vindicated. In bioenergetics by Albert Svent Georgie he talks about how heat agitation causes the loss of stored light in food, who knows how much stored light or electrons are lost through heating raw fats. Raw fat keto might even be completely viable or superior to burning carbs for all we know, there aren't any studies looking specifically at raw never-heated fat diets.
I can attest that if coconut oil is taken too late that it can cause insomnia..which happened to me once.

But as to eating the coconut oil unheated…isn’t it heated when it’s actually made into coconut oil? I don’t know the process, just guessing here. I use the virgin coconut oil

I think there’s validity to what you are saying…about not heating it

Limon9

I’ve been reading the book “The Coconut Oil Miracle” by Bruce Fife. He recommends 3.5 tbsp’s of coconut oil a day to increase one’s metabolism. I know Ray Peat recommends coconut oil as well, to replace the pufa fats.

I‘ve been replacing all my pufa fats with coconut oil and butter. Just curious, who has had success with eating 3.5 tbsps. of coconut oil a day?
It's good to have a tablespoon or two a day, I think. During the early days of PUFA restriction several years ago I found it protective and warming to eat some with meals and snacks, though I've since gravitated to a fairly low-fat diet.

Nik665

I used to do this like a decade ago when Tropical Traditions released a book with metabolic increase claims with coconut oil. During the first couple weeks belly was much flatter due to the colon cleansing effect oil can have. After a while I started gaining fat. The book also says filipinos who were fat healthy with metabolic rates ate a lot of coconut fat and oil compared to the skinny ones who had lean fish and steamed white rice for breakfast and lower body temps. Good honest book

Dave Clark

It's good to note that 'refined' coconut oil is steamed to remove the aromas and flavors, so that it may be used in many applications without contributing flavor, etc. what they call Extra virgin coconut oil that is not refined will have the mild 'coconut' aroma and flavor. Peat likes the refined, he thinks the EVCO might have allergenic substances, but I like both, depending on what I am using it for.

yerrag

I'm not a big fan of VCO if it's for internal use. For external use, it can be all its said to be - anti-everything microbial.

Internal consumption-wise, i. e. orally, it gets absorbed in the small intestines and goes directly to the liver where it's metabolized into ketones. But it has no anti-microbial benefits taken internally, except for the little amount that goes to the large intestine.

The antimicrobial action does not get realized because internally, where it needs to be it's not going because the general circulation does not carry it all over.

But I see benefit to eating grated or chopped mature coconut flesh. Eating it this way, some oil still gets absorbed by the small intestine, but a good portion is still in the coconut flesh and goes to the large intestine as insoluble fiber and coconut oil.

It is a natural delivery system of an antimicrobial substance into the large intestine. Microbes get killed, and the endotoxins get absorbed by the insoluble fiber.

The coarser chopped flesh would probably do a better job as it retains more oil going to the large intestine. I use a ceramic knife to chop the flesh, and the finest I can reasonably do works best. A good knife is necessary as the flesh is tough. I'm talking about a mature coconut, not a young coconut, which is more common as you get to sip coconut water from it.

As there are tough biofilms in the gut, taking some biofilm busters such as chitosan or a mild proteolytic enzyme would help break apart biofilm so that would potentiate the antimicrobial action of the coconut oil.

Of course, Ray Peat would warn of those allergic reactions to the coconut protein. So YMMV.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
So now I’m basically having 1 tbsp of coconut oil a day. I found two tbsps was too much, especially if I also have other fats like butter. You do have to take it earlier in the day. Otherwise you will have insomnia. It does seem to activate the thyroid.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
I used to do this like a decade ago when Tropical Traditions released a book with metabolic increase claims with coconut oil. During the first couple weeks belly was much flatter due to the colon cleansing effect oil can have. After a while I started gaining fat. The book also says filipinos who were fat healthy with metabolic rates ate a lot of coconut fat and oil compared to the skinny ones who had lean fish and steamed white rice for breakfast and lower body temps. Good honest book
Yes, it definitely “warms you up”

Richiebogie

Cherry Ripe has been manufactured in the suburbs of Melbourne, Australia since 1924!

It is a delicious blend of cherries, coconut, dark chocolate, condensed milk and sugar.

I have been eating 2 * 52g bars a day for a few months.

Unfortunately it has a number of additives in it like colours, flavours, preservatives etc, but if they worry you, or if you cannot find it in your stores, perhaps try to bake your own version at home!

Attachments

• 8E0B2C64-BDC2-4D86-B660-59EA14147149.jpeg
    8E0B2C64-BDC2-4D86-B660-59EA14147149.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
A

Adf

Cherry Ripe has been manufactured in the suburbs of Melbourne, Australia since 1924!

It is a delicious blend of cherries, coconut, dark chocolate, condensed milk and sugar.

Unfortunately it has a number of additives in it like colours, flavours, preservatives etc, but if they worry you, or if you cannot find it in your stores, perhaps try to bake your own version at home!

Keep in mind todays Cherry Ripes by Cadbury, like all other products by Cadbury contain PUFA.

parallax

I prefer coconut milk, or just munching on coconuts. I ate 500-1500 calories a day in coconuts when I lived where they were abundant. Strait coconut oil never suited my digestion, but blend up some fresh coconut with orange juice? Now we're talkin.

akgrrrl

It's good to note that 'refined' coconut oil is steamed to remove the aromas and flavors, so that it may be used in many applications without contributing flavor, etc. what they call Extra virgin coconut oil that is not refined will have the mild 'coconut' aroma and flavor. Peat likes the refined, he thinks the EVCO might have allergenic substances, but I like both, depending on what I am using it for.

Omigosh I am so on this. This will be like a fabulous fudge! I cannot believe how useful the macerated coconut (creamed coconut) has become in my cooking. Great for coconut rice, stirfry sauces, hot coffee with chocolate and sweets. I just made a "cheesecake tart" thingy that was amazing, with creamed coconut, sour cream, eggs, sugar for filling on Einkorn bottom crust, w a layer of dark Belgium chocolate on top. My Einkorn circle is catching on too, esp when I pull out the 5lb bucket that comes bi-monthly, and give samples for them to use at home.

Jennifer

Hi @akgrrrl! Would you mind sharing your cheesecake tart recipe? I have some shredded coconut I need to use up and cheesecake tarts sound perfect. Also, have you ever made the recipe using white chocolate in place of the creamed coconut?

OP
FocusedOnHealth
I prefer coconut milk, or just munching on coconuts. I ate 500-1500 calories a day in coconuts when I lived where they were abundant. Strait coconut oil never suited my digestion, but blend up some fresh coconut with orange juice? Now we're talkin.
Coconut milk still has some of the good stuff in it. I like coconut milk and coconut cream in fruit smoothies. Tastes like Pina Coladas without the alcohol :grinning::emoji_tropical_drink:

parallax

Coconut milk still has some of the good stuff in it. I like coconut milk and coconut cream in fruit smoothies. Tastes like Pina Coladas without the alcohol :grinning:
heck yes! In those days I played around with measuring my blood sugar and peepee ketones after eating coconut and I would definitly see a rise in ketones and decline in blood sugar after drinking a virgin pseudo-pina-colada made of OJ and coconut cream. This lead me to conclude that pretty much any whole coconut product will deliver the coconut fats to my metabolism in suficient quantity to have an effect. I think I digest the mix better than the fractonated oil.

Edit: Although, it doesn't taste like a virgin pina colada when I put Myers Original Dark in it. Still kicks my ketones up a lil tho. :):

akgrrrl

Hi @akgrrrl! Would you mind sharing your cheesecake tart recipe? I have some shredded coconut I need to use up and cheesecake tarts sound perfect. Also, have you ever made the recipe using white chocolate in place of the creamed coconut?
No I have not used white---but thats because I love dark choc and coconut together soooo much.
Ok. Tarts are like cheesecakes to me, in that there is a rule of thumb whilst using a myriad of possible combinations for the creamy center. Then theres the crust, then a fruit top or maybe just a glaze or sprinkling of whatever to finish it off, right?
So, for every 2 Cups (16 oz) of creamed coconut, or sour cream, or yogurt, or cream cheese I use in the creamy part of the filling, I use 2 to 3 eggs. Sour cream is more watery than creamed coconut, so adjustments need to happen, plus I have HUGE organic eggs. So. If I was wanting to use up some flaked coconut, instead of a tart with the top layer being a fruit compote, I would probably toast that coconut gently, and layer it on top of the crust before I spooned in the creamy filling .Then I would put chocolate chips or choc bar chunks in a baggie and smash with a hammer, sprinkle that choc over the filling and let it melt into the filling and cover the top.
I cook creamy fillings with eggs gently, 325 degrees for 40 mins. That toasts my Einkorn crust nicely but doesnt overkill the eggs.
So, whatever crust you are using in a pan (pastry? Shortbread? Graham?) (9" pie plate? 10" springform tart pan? 10.5 souffle?)then toasted coconut, then a creamy filling of at least 2 cups of (my fave is 8oz cream cheese, 8oz sour cream, 3 big eggs, a tsp of vanilla, 2/3 cup sugar) then top it with whatever your flavors call for!
If you want my Einkorn-all-purpose- press-in-a-pan-cookie-or-savory- meat-pie-NO-BOWL-Crust, pm me and I will share that also.
Happy baking!