The Coconut Oil Miracle~ Who Has Eaten 3.5 tbsp’s Of Coconut Oil A Day?

I’ve been reading the book “The Coconut Oil Miracle” by Bruce Fife. He recommends 3.5 tbsp’s of coconut oil a day to increase one’s metabolism. I know Ray Peat recommends coconut oil as well, to replace the pufa fats.

I‘ve been replacing all my pufa fats with coconut oil and butter. Just curious, who has had success with eating 3.5 tbsps. of coconut oil a day?

OP
FocusedOnHealth
I will add that Bruce Fife said someone needs to work their way into using more coconut oil since it’s antibacterial. So far I’ve been getting roughly 2.5 tbsps a day, but I want to work up to 3.5 tbsps. a day. I’m doing this to raise my metabolism.

It does appear to give me a noticeable boost of energy.

BodhiBlues

I add coconut oil, probably 2tbsp in total to my morning coffees every day, and it does give me a little energy boost, nothing huge though.

lilsticky

I remember it irritating the absolute hell out of my stomach i just want to find ways to put it in food instead. Apparently coconut butter tastes awesome

lilsticky

Someone here said coconut fiber is mostly insoluble. Im more interested in coconut butter but nobody really talks about it

dukesbobby777

Coconut oil gives me raging insomnia. No other issues at all. I would love to have it in my daily regimen for all its purported benefits but it eradicates the ability to get tired and fall asleep, which is very annoying. I can tolerate coffee just fine, but coconut oil is like a wakefulness agent for my physiology.

AnonE

Not coconut oil per se, but I find I lose weight when I eat a lot of butter... I'll straight up make "butter sandwiches" on white bread lol, people think I'm crazy but then I'll get leaner when I do it. It's very satiating and probably makes me feel more "full" throughout the day.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
I remember it irritating the absolute hell out of my stomach i just want to find ways to put it in food instead. Apparently coconut butter tastes awesome
According to Bruce Fife, it’s best to wean yourself onto coconut oil if you are not used to it. I’m kinda going whole hog lol.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
Coconut oil gives me raging insomnia. No other issues at all. I would love to have it in my daily regimen for all its purported benefits but it eradicates the ability to get tired and fall asleep, which is very annoying. I can tolerate coffee just fine, but coconut oil is like a wakefulness agent for my physiology.
Ya know, I’ve noticed something similar- it gives me energy, so I wonder if that might be the cause of insomnia. I usually have no problem going to sleep, but since I’ve been taking the coconut oil, seems maybe I have a little too much energy? And I don’t fall asleep so quickly. I think perhaps one‘s body has to adjust to it.
Also, I’m thinking that maybe having something sweet before bed might offset the energy the coconut oil is giving.

it is supposed to help the thyroid so perhaps this is affecting the ability to fall asleep right away.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
Not coconut oil per se, but I find I lose weight when I eat a lot of butter... I'll straight up make "butter sandwiches" on white bread lol, people think I'm crazy but then I'll get leaner when I do it. It's very satiating and probably makes me feel more "full" throughout the day.
Really? That’s very interesting! I wonder if it’s the butyrate in the butter that does that.

mrchibbs

I must be eating close to that daily, I cook in it all the time, quite liberally.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
Peat recommends only 3 tsp per day
That’s a big difference between 3 tsps. and 3 tbsp. I’m still trying the 3 tbsps. to increase my metabolism. That’s what Bruce Fife said in his book. It may end up being too much but it gives me so much energy! I am about to go out and exercise lol.

I am going to post in this thread regularly to show how I’m progressing.

mrchibbs

AnonE

really? That’s very interesting! I wonder if it’s the butyrate in the butter that does that.

No idea but butter is good :) I think filling up on these "more pure" foods that we know are pro-metabolic is the way to do it. More satiated, less likely to eat crap later or have night cravings, and probably more nutrients too.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
No idea but butter is good :) I think filling up on these "more pure" foods that we know are pro-metabolic is the way to do it. More satiated, less likely to eat crap later or have night cravings, and probably more nutrients too.
Oh yeah, I love butter ❤️ Butter love. That would make a funny bumper sticker lol. I am feeling satiated with the coconut oil…like I want to eat less starch type foods, but at the same time it is increasing my appetite for wholesome foods…like protein and fruit. Kinda interesting observation.

dabdabdab

coconut cream and coconut milk are literally the same thing and I hate their taste.
not sure if the butter tastes the same

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals