Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thread

Dr. B

He talked again about vitamin C, more precisely ascorbic acid, which can be made extremely pure, but still reacts with metals , and this way creates radiation. I think it on youtube with danny or haidut.
radiation ? how?

I'm amazed that Ray hasn't gotten any vaccines at all. Really cool. A stark contrast to the extremely vaccinated people of today( myself included).

I'm curious what score he got on that Miller Analogies test.
radiation ? how?
I'm pretty sure Ray said that the manufactured ascorbic acid creates free radicals in amounts that are comparable to radiation exposure, not radiation itself.

blob69

What do you guys think about the answer Peat gave to @RealNeat about the statement on virus isolation by Andrew Kaufman, Tom Cowan and Sally Fallon Morell? I don't know enough about it to form a firm opinion but I still have my doubts - even if in the past virology was done properly, I guess by now it could have departed into virtual, illusory realms, with diseases being blamed on viruses that have nothing to do with it. Also, I read about too many unscientific virology experiments to be able to fully trust the discipline (stuff like drilling into a monkey's head and injecting stuff and then claiming she got sick because of a virus, not doing proper controls etc.). Anyway, I'd be interested to hear from people who know more about it.

Peat's answer: "If they have a particular tissue extract that will cause the same symptoms 100% of the time, and find that putting that extract through a filter with a smaller pore size results in an extract that never causes the disease, as researchers were doing 120 years ago, they had evidence that a particle of a certain size was causative. They they treated their sample in different ways, showing that certain chemical or enzymic treatments would always destroy the infectivity, narrowing the range of possibilities of the nature of the infective substance. Specific antibodies produced in reaction to the substance provided more information about its composition. A very large number of tests increased knowledge of the composition of the infective substances. When electron microscopes became available, images of the infective concentrates, combined with chemistry, provided information about the spatial arrangement of the chemical components whose presence and proportions were known. Procedures known already to destroy infectivity of the substance could now be seen to cause specific changes in the EM images. I think Cowan and Kaufman have just skipped a century of the details of virology."

@RealNeat, thanks for asking such an interesting question! What do you think about the explanation Peat gave you?

RealNeat

What do you guys think about the answer Peat gave to @RealNeat about the statement on virus isolation by Andrew Kaufman, Tom Cowan and Sally Fallon Morell? I don't know enough about it to form a firm opinion but I still have my doubts - even if in the past virology was done properly, I guess by now it could have departed into virtual, illusory realms, with diseases being blamed on viruses that have nothing to do with it. Also, I read about too many unscientific virology experiments to be able to fully trust the discipline (stuff like drilling into a monkey's head and injecting stuff and then claiming she got sick because of a virus, not doing proper controls etc.). Anyway, I'd be interested to hear from people who know more about it.

Peat's answer: "If they have a particular tissue extract that will cause the same symptoms 100% of the time, and find that putting that extract through a filter with a smaller pore size results in an extract that never causes the disease, as researchers were doing 120 years ago, they had evidence that a particle of a certain size was causative. They they treated their sample in different ways, showing that certain chemical or enzymic treatments would always destroy the infectivity, narrowing the range of possibilities of the nature of the infective substance. Specific antibodies produced in reaction to the substance provided more information about its composition. A very large number of tests increased knowledge of the composition of the infective substances. When electron microscopes became available, images of the infective concentrates, combined with chemistry, provided information about the spatial arrangement of the chemical components whose presence and proportions were known. Procedures known already to destroy infectivity of the substance could now be seen to cause specific changes in the EM images. I think Cowan and Kaufman have just skipped a century of the details of virology."

@RealNeat, thanks for asking such an interesting question! What do you think about the explanation Peat gave you?

yes, I see your perspective especially since Ray has stated that he was never really interested in virology many times on podcasts. I'm talking about what I think on this thread (Book Suggestion: "The Contagion Myth" By Thomas Cowan & Sally Fallon) where I posted a response.

blob69

yes, I see your perspective especially since Ray has stated that he was never really interested in virology many times on podcasts. I'm talking about what I think on this thread (Book Suggestion: "The Contagion Myth" By Thomas Cowan & Sally Fallon) where I posted a response.
Thanks for your reply. I also wonder what Peat thinks of Stefan Lanka then - he's a virologist so he could hardly have skipped a century of details! The only explanation is that Lanka is crazy and literally making things up. Although many things that Lanka is saying are not contradicted by Peat's statement about SOVI - like the control experiment that Lanka did recently, where "viruses" were "cultivated" in controls where no infected tissue was added. I think Peat's belief is that viruses (or exosomes) are created by an injured or stressed cell (which is basically what Lanka showed in this experiment), and can then go on infecting other organisms, while Lanka's position is that they cannot infect.

RealNeat

Thanks for your reply. I also wonder what Peat thinks of Stefan Lanka then - he's a virologist so he could hardly have skipped a century of details! The only explanation is that Lanka is crazy and literally making things up. Although many things that Lanka is saying are not contradicted by Peat's statement about SOVI - like the control experiment that Lanka did recently, where "viruses" were "cultivated" in controls where no infected tissue was added. I think Peat's belief is that viruses (or exosomes) are created by an injured or stressed cell (which is basically what Lanka showed in this experiment), and can then go on infecting other organisms, while Lanka's position is that they cannot infect.
Yeah that a good summary, I guess the question is if exosomes can cause harm and negatively effect an organism and we've been mistaking them as so called viruses, where's the proof?

Dr. B

I'm amazed that Ray hasn't gotten any vaccines at all. Really cool. A stark contrast to the extremely vaccinated people of today( myself included).

I'm curious what score he got on that Miller Analogies test.

I'm pretty sure Ray said that the manufactured ascorbic acid creates free radicals in amounts that are comparable to radiation exposure, not radiation itself.
hey mate was that you who uses the multivitamin?
@rei mate who was telling me they use the LEF two a day multivitamin? i posted a thread regarding another multi i found but wanted to get some thoughts as it has 3mg PABA per capsule.

also Ray used the words "internet is >99% wrong" its an interesting choice of words coming from Ray...

hey mate was that you who uses the multivitamin?
@rei mate who was telling me they use the LEF two a day multivitamin? i posted a thread regarding another multi i found but wanted to get some thoughts as it has 3mg PABA per capsule.
Hey. Nope, It wasn't me.
also Ray used the words "internet is >99% wrong" its an interesting choice of words coming from Ray...
With the amount of disinfo on the net, I find it understandable that Ray thinks that.

Dr. B

@boris mate if eating beeswax is beneficial what about eating bovine earwax and ears? in traditional chinese medicine, as well as ancestral diets they ate all parts of the animal including the eyeballs, ear, im assuming earwax, nose, im assuming boogers, and even the bladder and ****. traditional chinese medicine actually advises consuming tiger penis apparently they offer this in China to improve people's sexual health. there's also something they use rhino horns, grinded up for, i dont remember the purpose and uses for ground rhino horns/elephant tusks. is there any truth to these age old methods? @yerrag

Vajra

Is this wiki page going to get caught up from its last edit on late 2016? I used it all the time when I first started learning about RP and still do. Maybe I'd even edit it myself from time to time

rr1

Is this wiki page going to get caught up from its last edit on late 2016? I used it all the time when I first started learning about RP and still do. Maybe I'd even edit it myself from time to time
most of it comes from the email advice thread anyway. just use that. you can change it to print format and ctrl + f

Vajra

most of it comes from the email advice thread anyway. just use that. you can change it to print format and ctrl + f
I forgot about print format. That's actually super helpful for mega threads like the Grant Generoux one

Dr. B

wheres that print format mate?

also as it says on there read those things with an open mind if you really want to verify you may have to check with Ray @Vajra

Vajra

also as it says on there read those things with an open mind if you really want to verify you may have to check with Ray @Vajra
By that you mean the vitamin A toxicity theory? Yeah I haven't gone down that rabbithole yet, I have a dozen others first. But knowing it exists does sometimes make taking vitamin A seem a little weird.
Print format is at the ••• menu next to 'Watch' at the top right of the thread

Mauritio

Q: Hello Mr. Peat,
Do you think there's anything special about wild pig meat ? Maybe in terms of hormones or fat content ,etc.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when you ingest a part of an animal you take in some of their "vibe" or "character" and wild pigs are pretty robust and agile animals.

Thanks.

A: I have heard that wild pigs in Europe are still highly contaminated with Chernobyl radioactivity.

Anybody knows anything about that? I'm getting my wild pig sausages from a local hunter in Germany and sometimes eat wild pig salami from Italy...

gaze

Anybody knows anything about that? I'm getting my wild pig sausages from a local hunter in Germany and sometimes eat wild pig salami from Italy...

says here german hunters are required to test the meat for radiation before they sell it, personally i wouldn't eat it though since i would not trust hunters to be very careful with the testing

Mauritio

says here german hunters are required to test the meat for radiation before they sell it, personally i wouldn't eat it though since i would not trust hunters to be very careful with the testing
I've read a bit about it. And it seems very region specific. The region where I'm in seems pretty safe . I would be very careful in southern Bavaria (amongst others) though.
The hunters also get a compensation if they can't use the meat and in the risk areas they have to test every single pig for radiation .
I asked Peat what he thinks about the limit for radiation 600bec/kg.

gaze

I've read a bit about it. And it seems very region specific. The region where I'm in seems pretty safe . I would be very careful in southern Bavaria (amongst others) though.
The hunters also get a compensation if they can't use the meat and in the risk areas they have to test every single pig for radiation .
I asked Peat what he thinks about the limit for radiation 600bec/kg.
is it just pigs that are the problem ?

Mauritio

is it just pigs that are the problem ?
No, also deer and other wild animals although I've read that wild pigs have the biggest contamination . And mushrooms of course .

JamesGatz

Q:
I notice when I wear a cap or any type of headwear I get a great boost in temps/metabolism and feel serotonin lower a lot - I feel a lot more calm.

Does head insulation and increasing temperature for the brain provide a good boost in metabolism ? I was curious why I never see you in headwear or if this was correct

A:

I wear a hat when I’m in a cold place, but generally my thick hair has been enough. Keeping the brain temperature up is extremely important, especially for restful sleep. It’s natural for the forehead to be a little cooler than the rear parts of the brain. In the winter I keep a high-watt bulb over my work area, shining on my head.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals