Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thread

Dr. B

It was in his 40s. Sometimes he attributes it to starting thyroid, sometimes to taking DHEA.
Mate he says he gained half an inch 5 years ago. But couldnt that just be a postural change, that's a very minor change like even a snippet of hair can make you a half inch taller?
Also I posted some answers, I didnt want to bother Ray for clarification, but im confused if he was saying Rockefeller drank breast milk or just milk from a cow he owned...

Beastmode

Mate he says he gained half an inch 5 years ago. But couldnt that just be a postural change, that's a very minor change like even a snippet of hair can make you a half inch taller?
Also I posted some answers, I didnt want to bother Ray for clarification, but im confused if he was saying Rockefeller drank breast milk or just milk from a cow he owned...
If he's still having sex with the lady, he'll go down as a demigod.

I had a client who was 81 at the time and still having a lot of sex.

rr1

Q: How can we get RU486 sir... I wonder what it would do given it's anti cushing's effects
A: I think pregnenolone is as effective and easier to get.
I don't understand. RP has quoted: "For more than 50 years, in animals and people pregnenolone didn’t have those effects. When it became "a product," dozens of little companies, with no experience in steroid production, began making it." and for this reason he doesn't touch it or recommend it.

So why is he recommending it here? Does he expect us to all go back in time to 1979 and stock up on his Sigma pregnenolone that was perfectly made?

Dr. B

I don't understand. RP has quoted: "For more than 50 years, in animals and people pregnenolone didn’t have those effects. When it became "a product," dozens of little companies, with no experience in steroid production, began making it." and for this reason he doesn't touch it or recommend it.

So why is he recommending it here? Does he expect us to all go back in time to 1979 and stock up on his Sigma pregnenolone that was perfectly made?
yeah, im confused on that also. i dont know if hes talking a general sense, he previously did say he hasnt used it for 35 years, stoppe recommending it, and how it had odd effects since syntex stopped making

rr1

yeah, im confused on that also. i dont know if hes talking a general sense, he previously did say he hasnt used it for 35 years, stoppe recommending it, and how it had odd effects since syntex stopped making
I tried the pure encapsulations pregnenolone and got red spots all of my body. It's hard to find consistent positive reports for brands, each brand seems to be hit and miss for different people.

Dr. B

I tried the pure encapsulations pregnenolone and got red spots all of my body. It's hard to find consistent positive reports for brands, each brand seems to be hit and miss for different people.
strange mate... what other effects? i got bad effects frm that too, but it was weight gain, hair loss, ball shrinkage. tried life extensions, same thing

reality

@Mr.Bollox
Could you ask ray more about that A2/A1 protein? He said the effects studied are from mice being injected, but there are many studies showing the negative effects of a1 protein in humans
For example

Could you ask his thoughts on these studies? There are many more aswell

boris

Also I posted some answers, I didnt want to bother Ray for clarification, but im confused if he was saying Rockefeller drank breast milk or just milk from a

Interesting :grin I don‘t think posture alone can make such a difference, because you usually straighten the back and neck when measuring.

Regarding the breast milk: googling „Rockefeller breast milk“ brings up tons of information about it.

gaze

has ray ever mentioned a newer brand? it is strange that he always mentions it and encourages people to take it for a variety of problems, yet at the same time says no brands have been good for 40 years

Dr. B

Interesting :grin I don‘t think posture alone can make such a difference, because you usually straighten the back and neck when measuring.

Regarding the breast milk: googling „Rockefeller breast milk“ brings up tons of information about it.
interesting
some of rays comments confused me, like he said "rockefeller bought his" did he mean bought breast milk or bought his own cow. then he said buying your own cow reduces risk of infection, was he using cow as a codeword or literally

looks like it was both, rockefeller drank breast milk as well as had his own lambs or cows
found this thread on here too

has ray ever mentioned a newer brand? it is strange that he always mentions it and encourages people to take it for a variety of problems, yet at the same time says no brands have been good for 40 years

does he still advise people to take it? he said he's stopped recommending it.
he thinks the side effects are contaminants. but whatever the contaminants are, they are somehow much more powerful than contaminants in other supplements.
@Mr.Bollox
Could you ask ray more about that A2/A1 protein? He said the effects studied are from mice being injected, but there are many studies showing the negative effects of a1 protein in humans
For example

Could you ask his thoughts on these studies? There are many more aswell

yeah,
also, now that you mention studies, there was something I had thought of asking Ray over the last few days but i cant remember. it was something I read on here, or some discussion people were having on another thread, that I figured we could check with Ray. dont know if it was vitamin related, or milk related or what.

Dr. B

More to the point Mr. Bollocks, what's the deal with you addressing Dr. Peat as "mate", mate? Was this not unduly informal, sir?
Maybe by accident, I usually addressed him as Dr., Mr, Professor, but sometimes I didn't address him if it was simply responding back to something he said

Maybe by accident, I usually addressed him as Dr., Mr, Professor, but sometimes I didn't address him if it was simply responding back to something he said
Fair enough, matey. In any case, you asked some interesting questions, which got some interesting replies. So thanks for that.

Dr. B

im wondering is there an issue with magnesium stearate? since apparently stearic acid supplementation is really useful?

P

Peatness

I find the ‘mate’ very amusing. Brings a smile to my otherwise miserable face

Dr. B

No, I live in England and I need the sun
@boris has Ray talked about changing eye/hair color?
someone on here mentioned that Peating changed their eye color, I cant remember what the changes were
but I think Peat mentioned that each eye and hair color is just made up of a specific mineral composition that people have a tendency to collect in the hair or eye. So I wonder what changes could be attained, theoretically anything strongly shifting your trace mineral balance could cause a change in hair and eye color? and I think he's mentioned molybdenum has a general graying effect due to it's effect on copper.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals