Raised scrotum causes/treatments?

Vedder28

For a few years now my scrotum is mostly much more elevated than it has been in the past. My boys do not hang far from the body at all like they use to. It's as if I'm coming out of an ice bath or standing in the cold naked, if you know what I mean. Sometimes there is slight seperation, but they are never hanging far like they did in say my 20's. What might be causing this and how might I treat it? I'm guessing hormones are involved. I'm almost 46.

Beastmode

For a few years now my scrotum is mostly much more elevated than it has been in the past. My boys do not hang far from the body at all like they use to. It's as if I'm coming out of an ice bath or standing in the cold naked, if you know what I mean. Sometimes there is slight seperation, but they are never hanging far like they did in say my 20's. What might be causing this and how might I treat it? I'm guessing hormones are involved. I'm almost 46.

What is your overall health like? If you're really hypothyroid, you're body might be very cold internally. Lot's of places to consider before getting too specific.

I had something similar before sorting out my overall system (i.e- gut motility, energy production, etc.)

TheCalciumCad

"If Estrogen conversion is high your testicles will be pulled up tight against the body, and the penis will be smaller or shrunken. When there is low conversion and high Testosterone and DHT (the active form of Testosterone) your balls will drop, your scrotum will feel massive, and the penis will hang long and full as well.

There is no scenario where a man has only erectile dysfunction and not a deflation of other male characteristics. Perhaps there is excess weight gain, or decreased muscle tone or an absence of muscle. There could be hair loss, declining posture, smaller testicles. These too will reverse and improve once hormones are restored to normal. But what is normal? A young man with high erection quality has three characteristics which men with erectile dysfunction do not. These are: 1.) High androgens 2.) Low Estrogens 3.) High Respiratory Rate. These are also qualities of general health, and are required for super boners."

OP
V

Vedder28

What is your overall health like? If you're really hypothyroid, you're body might be very cold internally. Lot's of places to consider before getting too specific.

I had something similar before sorting out my overall system (i.e- gut motility, energy production, etc.)
I'm starting to notice issues, but I'm a relatively healthy person. I probably get one cold a year. Some things that I have noticed in the last year or so:

1. Dry skin more often.
2. Raised testicles (as I've mentioned)
3. libido is hit and miss (as well as erection quality)
4. Tired often, tired eyes
5. Quality of sleep has lessened
6. Waking temp is 96.5 range, afternoon range is 97-97.5 (I just took my temp and it was 97.1)

I have not done any labs yet, but I will soon. I have started taking NDT Forefront Health (130mg/day) a week ago and it seems to be helping a little, temps of gone up just slightly, but not to ideal range (I've seen it as high as 98 one time since starting).

I tried pregnenolone a few weeks ago and this really helped with my energy and brain fog, but I did notice it seemed to affect my hair, I seemed to lose some quickly, which I'm trying to avoid. I was taking 50mgs a day, I've gut back to taking 50mgs twice a week and it seems to be going okay.

Charger

I've noticed the same thing. Testicular hang isn't what it was in my 20s (I'm 32). The only difference in my case is that I used Finasteride which definitely induced shrinkage at the time I used it.

The closest they've gotten to looking as they used to is whenever I run SERMs for a couple of weeks. But even with my recent bloodwork showing the highest testosterone I've had and estrogen not being particularly elevated (800 Test, 30 E), they still typically stay close to the body, this is also while taking T3 and having warm body temps. Cortisol is in check.

I find it odd that I notice lower testicular hang while running a SERM, but exemestane or androsterone don't produce the same result, so it doesn't necessarily seem to be related to estrogen. The only other thing I can think of is caffeine/stims may be contributing to the issue.

I'm also not sure whether hang correlates with higher hormone production or lower anymore. I've seen a few anecdotes on the site say that "Peating" caused smaller testicles, including T3 and progesterone supplementation.

From what I know, it seems testicles staying close to the body can be caused by:
- High estrogen levels.
- High progesterone levels.
- Exogenous hormone supplementation (suppression).
- High adrenaline, caused by stimulants or otherwise.
- Too frequent ejaculation/prolactin? (Abstinence seems to help a little in my experience.)
- Cold weather/body temps. (duh)

Think you can shed some light on this topic, @Hans? Anything I'm possibly missing here?

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
I've noticed the same thing. Testicular hang isn't what it was in my 20s (I'm 32). The only difference in my case is that I used Finasteride which definitely induced shrinkage at the time I used it.

The closest they've gotten to looking as they used to is whenever I run SERMs for a couple of weeks. But even with my recent bloodwork showing the highest testosterone I've had and estrogen not being particularly elevated (800 Test, 30 E), they still typically stay close to the body, this is also while taking T3 and having warm body temps. Cortisol is in check.

I find it odd that I notice lower testicular hang while running a SERM, but exemestane or androsterone don't produce the same result, so it doesn't necessarily seem to be related to estrogen. The only other thing I can think of is caffeine/stims may be contributing to the issue.

I'm also not sure whether hang correlates with higher hormone production or lower anymore. I've seen a few anecdotes on the site say that "Peating" caused smaller testicles, including T3 and progesterone supplementation.

From what I know, it seems testicles staying close to the body can be caused by:
- High estrogen levels.
- High progesterone levels.
- Exogenous hormone supplementation (suppression).
- High adrenaline, caused by stimulants or otherwise.
- Too frequent ejaculation/prolactin? (Abstinence seems to help a little in my experience.)
- Cold weather/body temps. (duh)

Think you can shed some light on this topic, @Hans? Anything I'm possibly missing here?
Usually in a relaxed and warm state the testis descends whereas stress and cold make them contract. So noradrenaline and adrenaline might place a big role here.
Perhaps also a lower energy state. Energy is needed for maximal relaxation.

hei

Mine has never not been bunched right up except for in the past few years when I tried some of the hormonal supplements (and then only some of the time). Certainly not when I was a teenager or in my 20s. Used to wonder what people were talking about. Funny to see this stuff and realise that your body was through with life from the very beginning, that you ended up with a total lemon on which nothing ever worked right.
My nuts themselves were shrinking through all of last year.

Charger

I think the periods when I had lowest testicular hang also coincided with being my leanest.
So if it isn't adrenaline, I wonder if the extra body fat, even within a healthy weight range, can increase local aromatase activity in that area if you have a tendency to store it there, such as in the thighs.

I think the periods when I had lowest testicular hang also coincided with being my leanest.
So if it isn't adrenaline, I wonder if the extra body fat, even within a healthy weight range, can increase local aromatase activity in that area if you have a tendency to store it there, such as in the thighs.
I second this.

mipp

Is it really a bad thing though? It is fairly common for older men to complain that their testes hang lower as they age and it's not necessarily desirable. Their hormonal profile isn't getting better either.

As a personal anecdote, I probably have terrible test levels (never bothered to check), have always been borderline asexual, eventually got overweight but my low hang and a rather large flaccid size haven't really changed since puberty in either direction. tbh I've always felt it's just inconvenient so I'd be interested in how to shrink and raise things without permanently exposing myself to freezing temps

Charger

The idea that they generally sag as you age is exactly why one would assume there's an issue when they don't.

Personally, I find it uncomfortable when they're close to the body, when I focus on it. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things if you feel well? Not really, but if you're feeling androgenic in every other respect, having little boy nuts is somewhat of an awkward visual and testicular atrophy is the main reason I've not jumped on TRT to begin with.

hei

The idea that they generally sag as you age is exactly why one would assume there's an issue when they don't.

Personally, I find it uncomfortable when they're close to the body, when I focus on it. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things if you feel well? Not really, but if you're feeling androgenic in every other respect, having little boy nuts is somewhat of an awkward visual and testicular atrophy is the main reason I've not jumped on TRT to begin with.
What does "feeling androgenic" mean?

qwazy

My balls and **** have a much better hang when I am relaxed and have good circulation. This usually happens when my intestine is very sterile from antibiotic substances. It is a world of difference.

JamesGatz

When my DHT is high - My ballitos do not hang low at all and my upper body expands a lot more and my back positioning gets stronger - my body gets very gorilla-like, but when my estrogen and free test is higher and my DHT is lower my balls hang - I know this goes against what is said here but that's my experience

Charger

When my DHT is high - My ballitos do not hang low at all and my upper body expands a lot more and my back positioning gets stronger - my body gets very gorilla-like, but when my estrogen and free test is higher and my DHT is lower my balls hang - I know this goes against what is said here but that's my experience

Have you confirmed this with bloodwork or are you basing this on something else?

JamesGatz

Have you confirmed this with bloodwork or are you basing this on something else?
I do plan on eventually getting the bloodwork, but the symptoms seem to give me hints that is the case:

When I'm High DHT - I'm very Chill/laid-back, My body gains volume and gets more gorilla-like), physically and mentally I'm a lot stronger (very resilient as well) - like I'm unafraid of conflict (not searching for it at all, but definitely won't back down from a conflict from any person)

When I'm low DHT and high free testosterone - I'm not chill/more reactive to stress, my body gets a lot smaller/leaner - my muscle-tone does better and my abs start showing - more anabolic reaction, but I don't seem to be "mentally strong" like when I'm on DHT - I'm more susceptible to criticism and that I'm not as "confident" in myself or my views

I do plan on getting the bloodwork done to confirm this, but the symptoms overall feels a lot better for what I put for high DHT - it feels more ideal

Last edited:

maillol

This is an old thread but if anyone else has this problem I suggest getting bloodwork. I had this last year and got bloods. I had high prolactin. FWIW estrogen and testosterone were normal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals