Pyridoxine Hydrochloride But Not Pyridoxal Hydrochloride May Increase 5ar, 3a-HSD, And 17β-HSD

ddjd

P5P is different from Pyridoxal Hcl
how do you mean it's different? other than one being the active form and the other not, are there other differences?
ive personally noticed such different reactions to regular b6 and p5p. for instance, regular b6 has completely stopped my dandruff, p5p has no effect.
regular b6 also allows me tolerate t3 without putting on weight but with p5p or just generally i put on a lot of weight after taking t3. why does regular b6 prevent this.

Gustav3Y

I saw the study snows that when added at concentrations of 3 or 9 mmol/l (3 mnol/l = 54mg), zinc was a potent inhibitor of 5 alpha-reductase activity
so 10-30mg a day would be good to increase 5AR activity.

Why would a smaller dose increase 5AR if 50mg was such a powerful 5AR inhibitor, by what mechanism a lower dose increases 5AR instead of being a mild 5AR inhibitor?

Gustav3Y

Pyridoxine Hydrochloride vs Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate
This is very interesting, while Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate is not identical to Pyridoxal Hydrochloride which the study talks about, I am curious what it would actually do because I have just recently bought some Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate powder, now I wonder if I should buy the cheap Pyridoxine Hydrochloride instead and try using that one.

However why we would increase of the 17β-HSD?

GorillaHead

how do you mean it's different? other than one being the active form and the other not, are there other differences?
ive personally noticed such different reactions to regular b6 and p5p. for instance, regular b6 has completely stopped my dandruff, p5p has no effect.
regular b6 also allows me tolerate t3 without putting on weight but with p5p or just generally i put on a lot of weight after taking t3. why does regular b6 prevent this.

I am sorry but how can anyone take what you say truthfully about anything. In at least 4 different threads you claim to have stoped your dandruff with 4 different things at 4 different time periods. One memnt you say tmg did it. One time you say low Estrogen did it for you. You also do the same with hair.

ddjd

I am sorry but how can anyone take what you say truthfully about anything. In at least 4 different threads you claim to have stoped your dandruff with 4 different things at 4 different time periods. One memnt you say tmg did it. One time you say low Estrogen did it for you. You also do the same with hair.
yes they all work. they all lower estrogen

ddjd

Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, but NOT Pyridoxal Hydrochloride may be worth trying.
I understand pyridoxine hydrochloride is the regular cheap stuff but is p5p really called "pyridoxal hydrochloride" or is it a completely different form altogether?