Protection against glyphosate pesticide (using Orange juice)

cs3000

Wondered how damaging typical glyphosate intakes are,
and what can be protective if necessary so dont have to try to completely avoid intake

In terms of cancer, from what i found on glyphosate typical daily intakes in the hundreds of micrograms up to low end mgs didnt give me much cause for concern
(if assuming the few studies available are reliable, it takes ~50mg human equivalent dose to see a slight mild uptick in cancer occurrence. which is higher than avg daily intake by some multiples). https://www.researchgate.net/publication/316831330_Glyphosate_Malignant_Lymphomas_in_female_rats_administered_glyphosate_in_the_diet_Extracted_data_1981

far as autism goes , 0.039% glyphosate in water didnt effect behaviour ( think this = 100s of milligrams? it says exceptionally unlikely to hit these levels in study (why even use it then)),
but 3x the dose did effect behaviour.
so wasnt a cause for concern there either

3 main things i was left with:
1 is if someone is already high in acetylcholine e.g in chronic adrenalined hypothyroid stress state, theoretically eating more pesticides could worsen stress
2 glyphosate has potential to lower copper levels through upregulating metallothionein I and II , or interfere with absorption
3 neuron damage

some studies show harmful effects on testosterone and hippocampus / brain inflammation (a big effect was shown at like 160mg glyphosate which is way higher than typical intakes. and a tlr4 inhibitor was completely protective against this high dose damage
another negative effect on neurogenesis was from ~50mg which is getting closer but still higher than dietary intakes https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jne.12731 .

The herbicide glyphosate inhibits hippocampal long-term potentiation and learning through activation of pro-inflammatory signaling - Scientific Reports TLR4 inhibitors negate glyphosate effects on hippocampus (is harm mediated by endotoxin from leaky gut?)

Excitotoxicity in the CNS is also possible because CSF levels of aspartate and glutamate double within a day after a single oral dose of GBH in rats
We also found that LTP, a mechanism of learning and memory, was completely disrupted by preincubation of slices with 4 mg/L GBH, which corresponds 1.6 mg/L glyphosate or roughly 10 µM glyphosate
. These finding are well paralleled by our studies using glyphosate itself, which inhibited LTP at micromolar levels (Fig. 2 and Supplemental Fig. 2). This level is higher than concentrations detected in healthy human urine samples
This study has two important implications: orally administered glyphosate infiltrates the CNS and elevates pro-inflammatory cytokines in the CSF. The aforementioned case of GBH ingestion18 also suggests that GBH may trigger inflammation in the CNS.
Moreover, we observed that TAK-242, a selective TLR4 antagonist, clearly overcomes the effects of glyphosate in both LTP and behavioral experiments, suggesting that activation of TLR4 is pivotal for glyphosate to disrupt the CNS
glyphosate activates microglia via TLR4 and triggers cellular stress to impair hippocampal plasticity and learning
So this dose was still higher than whats found in human urine samples.
but if we want to assume typical intakes can have some lesser level of impact here , and want to protect against this brain inflammation / anti neurogenesis property of glyphosate:

^ Glyphosate protection = TLR4 inhibitors ,
most effects of daily intake can likely be protected against simply with 1 glass of orange juice daily

Hesperidin in orange juice inhibits TLR4

Orange juice helped restore the testosterone drop, liver markers etc from very high dose glyphosate at 4 weeks in this mice study:
https://www.researchgate.net/public...ice_on_Glyphosate_toxicity_in_adult_male_mice
(hesperidin prevents LPS induced tlr4 increase, stays normal) (25mg-50mg hesperidin is enough for igf-1 boost and muscle gainz)

30ml/kg oral gavage , so ~150ml - 200ml human dose or 1 cup OJ covers that.
Because they used such an extreme dose of glyphosate it wasn't enough for full protective effect. they used daily 2.5 GRAMS human dose every day ,
but even on this extreme dose it shows good protection.
with normal intakes way lower i'd bet the OJ would be enough for full protection or near full protection. also has shown neuroprotective action.

1st image is testosterone
1702027639629.png
1702027726488.png

1702027691261.png

commonly 0.1mg - 0.7mg glyphosate per kg of wheat , & in general looking around excluding glyphosate higher end pesticide foods contain up to ~1mg/kg.
(*some exceptions like beans can have a couple milligrams alone, soybean grains average 1mg mg per kg up to 18mg , better to get bread without soya flour)
For the U.S. general population, the conservative estimated intake was 0.09 mg/kg/day bodyweight
6mg - 10mg a day which is a pretty high estimate going by food values. i'd think it would be typically less.

So review estimates come to single digit milligrams for intake, and the glass of OJ gave ~50% or more protection for liver and kidneys on an extreme 2.5g 1000x daily intake. and largely restored testosterone at this level.

summary, If concerned about typical intake impact on testosterone, brain, liver etc from glyphosate,
daily 1 glass orange juice is likely enough to protect from all of it if not most of it

Last edited:

GTW

Hedge your bets, given the long history of industry regulatory capture.
10-20 years later when long term adverse effects are exposed?
PFAS for example. Teflon is inert!

Kimster

Forum Supporter
I'm under the impression from the work of Stephanie Seneff, that glycine will fill the receptor site that glyphosate attempts to grab in the body.
So ingesting glycine & collagen will help ward off the effects of glyphosate.

Dapose

Forum Supporter
I'm under the impression from the work of Stephanie Seneff, that glycine will fill the receptor site that glyphosate attempts to grab in the body.
So ingesting glycine & collagen will help ward off the effects of glyphosate.

I seem to remember she is a big fan of Sulphur containing foods and supplements? Right? Like MSM DMSO…
I need to dust off her book!

And that awesome to here about orange juice helping too!

Kimster

Forum Supporter
I seem to remember she is a big fan of Sulphur containing foods and supplements? Right? Like MSM DMSO…
I need to dust off her book!

And that awesome to here about orange juice helping too!
I'm ignorant regarding the sulphur foods. I've never read her book. I've listened to a couple of her interviews and read a couple of published papers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals