Drinking Coke Freely Quadruples Calorie Intake WITHOUT Weight Gain

stargazer1111

I think so too. Much to the dismay of the low carb people, calories DO actually matter.

The one issue I have is reactive hypoglycemia. If I eat too much sugar and/or starch for breakfast, my blood sugar will plummet between meals later in the day (presumably due to hyperinsulinemia). However, if I eat a relatively low-carb breakfast, I can eat as much sugar and/or starch as I want later on and have no blood sugar problems.

If I keep this particular regimen, my fasting blood sugar actually improves with moderate amounts of sugar, dropping down into the low 70's upon waking each day. If I eat too much sugar and/or starch for breakfast, my fasting blood sugar the next day will sometimes go up into the low 90's, but this is the absolute highest I have seen it with this second go at "Peating."

The fasting blood sugar actually spiked up into the 110's consistently a year ago, but I believe that to be due to the combination of too much sugar and too much fat simultaneously. I have seen no such spike this time.

Julles

My father-in-law has been healthy all his life. He isn't picky about what he eats, but he is when it comes to what he drinks. He has only one request of his children...keep him stalked with one kind of pop. Pesi-cola, which he drinks everyday in the afternoons. He will be 92 in June :).
Wisdom!
Erase all posts but this one!

Thank god there is plenty real sugar coca-cola and pepsi here in Portugal! and also many cheapo brands... there is no tiring of tasting bad colas... :)

stargazer1111

I prefer juice. I think juice tastes better and it's obviously more nutritious. Grape and orange are my go-tos.

Peatful

Peatful

“30 colas a day” in above YouTube video.

I enjoyed reading the comment section.

Last edited:
Wow, that's 10 liters of coke?! So 4000 calories just from coke. I hope she's eating liver and taking b- vitamins. I wonder how long she's been doing this for, as well as what else she eats. Her teeth don't even look damaged and she seems to have a well- formed face. Very interesting.

Peatful

Wow, that's 10 liters of coke?! So 4000 calories just from coke. I hope she's eating liver and taking b- vitamins. I wonder how long she's been doing this for, as well as what else she eats. Her teeth don't even look damaged and she seems to have a well- formed face. Very interesting.

The calories don’t trouble me too much; but she’s drinking HFCS cola not real sugar (I assume). I would think any issues are linked to that form of sugar?

Anyway- the comment section lost their minds with this reality.
All that cola but not obese.

The calories don’t trouble me too much; but she’s drinking HFCS cola not real sugar (I assume). I would think any issues are linked to that form of sugar?

Anyway- the comment section lost their minds with this reality.
All that cola but not obese.
The concerns that I recall Peat mentioning were mostly related to starchy material in the HFCS, but somebody in the forum said that HFCS may contain heavy metals.

Hahaha indeed. She must have good genes :rolleyes:.

Peatful

stargazer1111

The HFCS issue has been debunked.

I can't find it now, but a study came out showing that the increased carb content of the HFCS was an artifact of the protocols used. Will post when I find it.

Peatful

High-Fructose Corn Syrup

Here it is. I posted it a couple of years ago on this forum.

HFCS does NOT contain extra carbohydrate. The original study Peat cited is wrong.
Thanks.

Have you ever seen any evidence that the heavy metal concern is warranted regarding HFCS?

stargazer1111

Thanks.

Have you ever seen any evidence that the heavy metal concern is warranted regarding HFCS?

The process used to involve a step that introduced mercury. The companies using HFCS claim that this protocol is no longer used. However, I don't trust food companies and as late as 2009 or 2010 mercury was discovered in various HFCS products.

I don't really worry about it myself, though. I have probably the most sensitive digestive system in the world and even I have no problems with HFCS.

sladerunner69

She does eat liver each day. As well as fresh squeezed orange juice and at least a quart of pasture-raised, organic milk (preferably raw). She'll have an egg each day, or even two (so long as it is sourced well) and one of her favorite treats are peat-inspired lemon bars. She does consume quite a lot of calories but is also supplementing thyroid so maybe her metabolism needs it. Of course none of this is true.

The process used to involve a step that introduced mercury. The companies using HFCS claim that this protocol is no longer used. However, I don't trust food companies and as late as 2009 or 2010 mercury was discovered in various HFCS products.

I don't really worry about it myself, though. I have probably the most sensitive digestive system in the world and even I have no problems with HFCS.
I see. Thanks.

She does eat liver each day. As well as fresh squeezed orange juice and at least a quart of pasture-raised, organic milk (preferably raw). She'll have an egg each day, or even two (so long as it is sourced well) and one of her favorite treats are peat-inspired lemon bars. She does consume quite a lot of calories but is also supplementing thyroid so maybe her metabolism needs it. Of course none of this is true.
I was wondering how you knew so much about her diet, then I read the last sentence lol.

It would be kinda cool if it was true.

Nik665

The study was designed to actually show that ad libitum consumption of fructose-rich drink like Coke has undesirable changes on some lipid parameters. It did manage to show that rats drinking Coke freely as part of their diet had higher levels of TG. However the cholesterol of the Coke-drinking rats was the same as that of the control group drinking water, while the cholesterol of the rats drinking Diet Coke was lower than even the control group. Perhaps the most important finding of the study was that the daily caloric intake of the rats drinking fructose-rich Coke increased from about HED 2,000 calories per day to about HED 8,000 calories per day WITHOUT any gain in weight (see "Group R" in the attached image). The study lasted 8 weeks, so it was plenty of time for the rats to adjust weight-wise if the diet would have had any effect on that. Not sure how to interpret this except to conclude that the rats' metabolic rate skyrocketed while they were liberally drinking sucrose-sweetened (actually HFCS-sweetened) Coke. The study authors think that the extra caffeine ingested by the rats drinking regular Coke was responsible for the lack of weight gain, even though those rats consumed 5 times more liquid (as Coke) then the diet Coke and control groups. I am not sure I buy that since the rat dose of 4.8mg/kg caffeine is equivalent to 0.8mg/kg for a human every two hours, which means 9.6mg/kg total daily intake for a human. While this is certainly not a low dose of caffeine, human studies with 10mg/kg and more have routinely failed to show weight loss.
I'd personally chalk that one up as another win for sucrose.

Chronic consumption of fructose rich soft drinks alters tissue lipids of rats
"...The caloric intake of the R group animals in this study was approximately four times higher than that of the L and C group animals. However, there was no significant difference in body weight. It is known that, in humans, caffeine intake at a dose of 4 mg/kg every two hours alters both the basal metabolic rate (increasing it between 8 and 11%) and the renin-angiotensin system [30-32]. The caffeine intake of the group R animals corresponding to 4.8 mg/kg every two hours was probably sufficient to offset the potential gain in weight that would otherwise have resulted from their increased caloric intake. Nevertheless, it should be noted that these animals ingested about five times more liquid than did the animals in the other two groups. Changes in the renin-angiotensin system may have been responsible for the large intake of regular soft drink by group R animals during the experiment. By comparison, the L group animals had an average caffeine intake of about corresponding to 1.02 mg/kg every two hours. This amount was probably not sufficient to cause changes in basal metabolism or in the renin-angiotensin system [30,32]."
ok but they liver triglycerides were also severely increased and thats no bueno.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals