Progesterone for men

movebetter

i heard Ray wrote a paper about progesterone for men. Can someone give me the link? it doesn't come up in searches.

David PS

I searched as well and I could not find an article directed to progesterone for men. You may have heard wrong (misunderstood) or heard correctly from a misinformed source. Dr. Peat did include some illustrative examples of men using progesterone. He did not mention undesirable side effects.

An 82-year old man was agitated and confused, and was apparently suffering from senile dementia. After being given progesterone and pregnenolone for a few days, his mind became clear, and he returned to work on scientific projects he had begun decades earlier. A squamous cell cancer on his lip regressed, and never bothered him again. https://wiki.chadnet.org/files/osteoporosis-and-the-skin.pdf

. . . So, when I saw bulging veins disappear a few minutes after women took progesterone, along with a sudden lifting of extreme depression, I guessed that their circulation had become more efficient, and that better oxygenation had changed their mood. Then, I repeatedly saw physical changes in other people that were visible within an hour, and that involved a sudden movement of water out of edematous tissues. In many people with damaged joint cartilage (confirmed by various types of examination, including arthroscopy), the joint a became mobile in an hour, and by the next day, the defect no longer existed. A man who was purple from emphysema chanced color within a few hours, and within a few days was going to work.. The bulging eyes of exophthalmic Graves' disease receded into their sockets noticeably within an hour, and were normal the next day. Simply increasing the circulation couldn't have done those things. Opposing estrogen's edema promoting action was involved, but I couldn't imagine any mechanism that could explain such rapid movement of water from the swollen tissue into the bloodstream .https://wiki.chadnet.org/files/osteoporosis-and-the-skin.pdf

It is important to emphasize that progesterone is not just the hormone of pregnancy. To use it only "to protect the uterus" would be like telling a man he doesn't need testosterone if he doesn't plan to father children, except that progesterone is of far greater and more basic significance than testosterone. While men do naturally produce progesterone, and can sometimes benefit from using it, it is not a male hormone. Some people get that impression, because some physicians recommend combining estrogen with either testosterone or progesterone, to protect against some of estrogen's side effects, but progesterone is the body's natural complement to estrogen. Used alone, progesterone often makes it unnecessary to use estrogen for hot flashes or insomnia, or other symptoms of menopause.

Last edited:

David PS

I just posted this in a different thread about man boobs. There appears to be a need to cycle progesterone. One week off each month may be sufficient. This would seem to be true for both men and women.

I asked the question at https://peatbot.com/ and here the results.

DISCLAIMER: You are not talking to a human. You are talking with a robot. The robot is frequently wrong on even basic medical issues. By using this website you realize and take full responsibility for your actions. Nothing here is intended as medical advice. If you sue me for any reason, you accept an unremovable curse upon yourself and your bloodline.

User: does progesterone need to be cycled

PeatBot: Yes, according to the information provided, it is recommended to cycle progesterone. The cycling function of progesterone is important, especially for women, as it helps to interrupt the continuous influence of estrogen. Continuous and uninterrupted exposure to estrogen, even in small amounts, can eventually be carcinogenic. By cycling progesterone, the estrogen cycle is completely stopped, allowing the tissue to gather itself together and preventing the carcinogenic effects of estrogen.

When progesterone is taken steadily without interruption, the liver interprets the constant high level of progesterone as excessive. As a result, the liver produces enzymes to excrete the progesterone. After two weeks of continuous use, the liver builds up excretory enzymes that inactivate the progesterone, making the effect of a given dose weaker.

Stopping progesterone for at least a week allows the liver to reset its threshold for excreting progesterone. This means that when you resume taking progesterone after the break, you will get more effectiveness from the same dose. Therefore, cycling progesterone by taking it for a certain period and then stopping for a week is recommended to optimize its benefits.

P

Peatress

This is the article that Dr. Peat wrote about progesterone and men. The original source is Danny Roddy but I don't have the link

David PS

@Peatress - Thanks, that was a surprising find.

OP
movebetter

movebetter

This is the article that Dr. Peat wrote about progesterone and men. The original source is Danny Roddy but I don't have the link

OP
movebetter

movebetter

Thanks, yes this is the interview that I heard and talking about it. I'm disappointed that the paper doesn't talk about how to take it for more than one time.

OP
movebetter

movebetter

I just posted this in a different thread about man boobs. There appears to be a need to cycle progesterone. One week off each month may be sufficient. This would seem to be true for both men and women.

I asked the question at https://peatbot.com/ and here the results.

DISCLAIMER: You are not talking to a human. You are talking with a robot. The robot is frequently wrong on even basic medical issues. By using this website you realize and take full responsibility for your actions. Nothing here is intended as medical advice. If you sue me for any reason, you accept an unremovable curse upon yourself and your bloodline.

User: does progesterone need to be cycled

PeatBot: Yes, according to the information provided, it is recommended to cycle progesterone. The cycling function of progesterone is important, especially for women, as it helps to interrupt the continuous influence of estrogen. Continuous and uninterrupted exposure to estrogen, even in small amounts, can eventually be carcinogenic. By cycling progesterone, the estrogen cycle is completely stopped, allowing the tissue to gather itself together and preventing the carcinogenic effects of estrogen.

When progesterone is taken steadily without interruption, the liver interprets the constant high level of progesterone as excessive. As a result, the liver produces enzymes to excrete the progesterone. After two weeks of continuous use, the liver builds up excretory enzymes that inactivate the progesterone, making the effect of a given dose weaker.

Stopping progesterone for at least a week allows the liver to reset its threshold for excreting progesterone. This means that when you resume taking progesterone after the break, you will get more effectiveness from the same dose. Therefore, cycling progesterone by taking it for a certain period and then stopping for a week is recommended to optimize its benefits.
Thanks, both of your replies are helpful!

David PS

In this video (after about the 17 minutes), Dr. Peat states that probably the reason that women live longer than men is that they produce more progesterone than men who produce it mainly in their adrenal glands.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK5Ur5UPEBM

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals