Feeling Cold, Insomnia, Optimal Hormone Levels?

OP
F

firebreather

Thank you, I really appreciate all your input

Zachs said:
I think around 2 quarts of milk and a few ounces of cheese. A lot of people eat cottage cheese or yogurt instead of milk because pasteurized milk seems to cause the most issues.

If you get congestion with raw then maybe try some fermented dairy instead and see what happens. If cheese gives you issues than it might be a casein allergy and that kind of puts all dairy suspect but keeping small amounts in your diet for several months might alleviate it.

tara

If you don't drink/eat much milk, it is important to make sure you get enough calcium from other sources. Some here supplement egg shell powder. I use oyster shell.

Peat has recommended properly aged cascara sagrada to some people to help against constipation.

Slow transit through the gut is a normal consequence of chronic under eating - the body trying to squeeze more out the food, and/or hypothyroid states - the guts lack energy to function efficiently. Some people, but not all, find that it improves after 2-3 weeks of eating enough. Some find it improves wth thyroid supps.
Anything that irritates the gut can cause it to get inflamed, which can narrow the diameter of the inside of the tube, which slows down transit too. Mittir has written some good posts on whic foods are commonly irritating to the gut for some people.

OP
F

firebreather

Tara,

Thank you for the insight.

would this work for aged cascara sagrada:
http://www.vitacost.com/natures-way-cas ... -180-vcaps

I guess we'll just see how it goes over the next couple weeks.

thank you again

tara said:
If you don't drink/eat much milk, it is important to make sure you get enough calcium from other sources. Some here supplement egg shell powder. I use oyster shell.

Peat has recommended properly aged cascara sagrada to some people to help against constipation.

Slow transit through the gut is a normal consequence of chronic under eating - the body trying to squeeze more out the food, and/or hypothyroid states - the guts lack energy to function efficiently. Some people, but not all, find that it improves after 2-3 weeks of eating enough. Some find it improves wth thyroid supps.
Anything that irritates the gut can cause it to get inflamed, which can narrow the diameter of the inside of the tube, which slows down transit too. Mittir has written some good posts on whic foods are commonly irritating to the gut for some people.

tara

Nature's Way cascara sagrada is what I managed to get hold of where I am. I use it occasionally - I break a capsule into water and boil and steep for a few minutes before drinking it to get more out of it.
I think it makes a small difference for me. There is at least one thread on other sources, I think in the supplements section. Others may have other suggestions about sources or quality.

OP
F

firebreather

thank you Tara

tara said:
Nature's Way cascara sagrada is what I managed to get hold of where I am. I use it occasionally - I break a capsule into water and boil and steep for a few minutes before drinking it to get more out of it.
I think it makes a small difference for me. There is at least one thread on other sources, I think in the supplements section. Others may have other suggestions about sources or quality.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals