Dismiss Notice
  5. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Progesterone Fears

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by ampersand, Jan 11, 2018.

1. ampersand

ampersand Member

Hi, I'm getting really nervous about bio-identical progesterone. I've been using it for several years, and increasingly am getting headaches and sharp breast pains. I started out with fairly high doses and continued with high doses, but it was never enough to stop my cycle.

Reading this website terrifies me: Gaia Research - Cancer Hazard Of Dermal Natural Progesterone

The reason I was looking for a natural progesterone breast cancer link is because I recently met a pregnant woman who was just diagnosed with breast cancer near the end of her pregnancy.

2. OP
    ampersand

ampersand Member

The reason I was trying to stop my cycle was to cure endometriosis.

Also, sorry this post is of such poor quality. I have the flu and can barely think, and these breast pains are freaking me out.

3. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

it can synergise well with b6, glycine and maybe DHEA and vitamin D

What else do you take

4. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

When I've had breast issues since discovering Peat thyroid has been what has resolved it for me. If it makes you feel any better most breast cancer does not cause pain. I have an email response from Ray in the email depository regarding what I thought was mastitis but turned out to be a fibroadenoma. It shrunk to nothing within a month by following his suggestions which were basically vitamin D (if needed based on labs) and thyroid. I'll try to find the email and link it here.
    I believe thyroid helps the body clear excess estrogen.
    ETA: I just reread his response and I was wrong on the vitamin D! It was B6.

5. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

6. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

7. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

The above is why I was thinking vitamin D in my earlier post but it was from a different email. It may be more applicable to your situation since progesterone is discussed.

8. danishispsychic

danishispsychic Member

have you tried getting your hormones tested? just so see where they are ? also, the only way progesterone works for me if when i take pregnenolone with it . if cortisol is high- it will steal preg and then the rest of your hormones are all out of whack. that is what happened to me. i cant take just progest e without the preg. also make sure your coffee is organic-

9. OP
    ampersand

ampersand Member

Thank you everyone. I supplement with pansterone, progest-e, progestene, energin, estroban, aspirin, magnesium, and have recently added mitolipin, fibrin, zinc and copper. I occasionally try some cyproheptadine, NDT and t3. My diet is low in pufas but I suspect I'm not getting enough calories, due to low appetite. My temps however are very good, pulse usually around 70-80, but blood pressure runs low despite eating salt to taste (I like a lot of salt). I have a lot of fatigue, and very high cholesterol, which I'm not particularly concerned about.

I went back and looked at my original posts here, over two years ago, and I had forgotten that I got shooting breast pains when I first started progesterone. I recently upped my dosage this cycle, starting on day 1, so maybe the change of dosage combined with non physiological use has something to do with this. Or the fact that I've been sick the last few days and have hardly eaten anything other than highly sweetened herbal teas.

Since I made my original post today I've been reading other stuff on the forum here for the last few hours and that has calmed my fears, and yes, it does help to know that pain is usually not a sign of cancer.

I actually haven't used energin in the last few days so I'll go do that now.

10. danishispsychic

danishispsychic Member

i still think you could try preg. because it converts to all the other hormones. just saying . its cheap and on amazon.

11. OP
    ampersand

ampersand Member

I will try a little extra stressnon and pansterone this week.

And honestly, thank you so much for your quick responses. I don't post here often but I have been reading this forum often weekly or even daily for the past 3 years.

12. Nicole W.

Nicole W. Member

I’m

13. Nicole W.

Nicole W. Member

http://www.natural-progesterone-advisory-network.com/natural-progesterone-cancer-in-a-cream/
    Have you seen this article? This is a response to the article you posted claiming natural progesterone is carcinogenic. This author claims that Gaia Research authors are just shills for a major HRT manufacturer in Australia. After the WHI study decimated 50% of their market, the manufacturer embarked on a campaign to demonize natural progesterone in an effort to eliminate the competition. Pretty appalling if it’s true.

14. Xisca

Xisca Member

Even if not carcinogenic, this is not true that you can take progesterone in all cases. That it is high during pregnancie is not a proof at all. You could say that logically many other things change during pregnancie anyway, not only prog!

My hot flushes stopped by stopping prog, after 2 years of prog with no success. What is important to precise is context, and I am one that does not keep water at all,, so I guess I am not estrogen dominant at all.

Taking a lot of things is not without hazard if you do not check context. Why don't you do hair test for testing minerals? I also messed up with copper and zinc! I seem to have high copper symptoms, but I guessed bad, and blood test tell you NOTHING. My hair test gives a reverse result than blood ttest for zinc and copper! The ratios are opposite! Blood will give you what stays in the blood, and hair test will give you your exact tissue content! And this ratio of copper and zinc will tell you more about prog and estr levels you have.

Then I have learned that when dealing with copper, and thus estrogens, you have to care about potassium levels, and the hair test will give this too. Mine were too low.

15. OP
    ampersand

ampersand Member

Oh good find Nicole, thank you! I implemented everyone's suggestions above, especially adding Stressnon (pregnenelone) more consistently and the breast pains have not been back.

Does anyone have any Peatish ideas about supposed progesterone allergy?

16. Joeyd

Joeyd Member

What copper are you using

17. OP
    ampersand

ampersand Member

I don't take it every day, just once in a while when I take 22 mg zinc I also take 2 mg Swanson brand copper. Not a particularly good brand but we already had it in the house and the pills are really small and I don't take it too often so I'm not too worried about the fillers.