Is Now Topical Progesterone Good?

I've been using progesterone for years, - long before I ever heard about Ray or this forum. My reason has been to lessen PMS symptoms.

Normally I take something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Solution...8&sr=1-1-70f7c15d-07d8-466a-b325-4be35d7258cc

I don't really see this kind of topical progesterone mentioned in this forum - only internal progesterone and "progest-e". What do you all think of this type of topical progesterone?

Thank you.

PolishSun

I am also curious, its not mentioned on their label, if it is progestin or progesterone (as they usually mix them together).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It appears to me be a bio identical progesterone cream because of the label stating it contains natural progesterone USP. I’m not 100% certain though so checking with the manufacturer might be a good idea.

OP
wealthofwisdom
It appears to me be a bio identical progesterone cream because of the label stating it contains natural progesterone USP. I’m not 100% certain though so checking with the manufacturer might be a good idea.

Yes, I think it is. Would this type of progesterone be in line with Ray Peat's progesterone recommendations?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes, I think it is. Would this type of progesterone be in line with Ray Peat's progesterone recommendations?
He seems to prefer it in vitamin E oil applied to the gums. He developed progest-e for that reason years ago. There are many discussions on this forum on the topic of progesterone. Some people do like the creams though and find them effective so ultimately you should do what works best for you. Hopefully some of the women here will weigh in with their experiences.

Lollipop2

Progest - e is simply the best I have used. I tried a cream, not as effective for me. Plus, I trust the source of Progest-e. I mostly use vaginally now and only occasionally rub on my gums. Both work amazing for me.

OP
wealthofwisdom
Progest - e is simply the best I have used. I tried a cream, not as effective for me. Plus, I trust the source of Progest-e. I mostly use vaginally now and only occasionally rub on my gums. Both work amazing for me.

Thanks for your personal experience. I think I read somewhere somebody who was against it because it uses soybean oil? But I might be wrong on that..

OP
wealthofwisdom
He seems to prefer it in vitamin E oil applied to the gums. He developed progest-e for that reason years ago. There are many discussions on this forum on the topic of progesterone. Some people do like the creams though and find them effective so ultimately you should do what works best for you. Hopefully some of the women here will weigh in with their experiences.

To be honest, since I already have the habit of using this type of progesterone, unless somebody has a very compelling reason to not use it (ie - it's been found to be WAY less effective than another type of progesterone), I'll just go ahead and keep using it.

But maybe I should check out a vitamin e oil based one too..

mrchibbs

To be honest, since I already have the habit of using this type of progesterone, unless somebody has a very compelling reason to not use it (ie - it's been found to be WAY less effective than another type of progesterone), I'll just go ahead and keep using it.

But maybe I should check out a vitamin e oil based one too..

If you get good results, stick with what you know.

I’ll say this though, according to Ray’s research, vitamin E potentiates the effect of progesterone very significantly, so I would give Progest-E or Health Natura’s progesterone a try, just to see and compare.

You can apply it on the skin after a shower, by using some carrier oil (coconut oil) and adding a few drops of progesterone on the skin and massaging it in.

mrchibbs

Yes you are wrong - vitamin e and coconut oil

The source of the confusion is that the vitamin e in progest-e is made from soy, rather than wheat germ. But its not really a problem, it's just the pure vitamin E, there is no soybean material in the formula.

OP
wealthofwisdom
The source of the confusion is that the vitamin e in progest-e is made from soy, rather than wheat germ. But its not really a problem, it's just the pure vitamin E, there is no soybean material in the formula.

Yes, that was it.

Connor888

how much does a small dose of progesterone stay in ones system for does anyone know?

Lollipop2

Yes, that was it.
If this was your concern, then every Vit E source I know has this problem of soy or safflower oil as the starting point, but it then is so highly refined that none of those constituents remain. The only Vit E that starts from wheat germ that I know of is IdeaLabs Tocovit.

Lollipop2

does that mean it stays in your system for 26hrs then? was thinking about starting with like 3mg
No, 13 hours. My apologies for not making this clear. That is why before, when I started taking, I would take some in the morning and evening.

The problem with taking a small amount in the beginning is that it can cause estrogen like symptoms as progesterone starts pulling the estrogen out of your tissues. I personally would take way more for a few weeks then back off. If you order Progest - e from Long Natural Health, they send you an information sheet on how to take it when you are first starting. I didn’t listen and suffered. I highly recommend their suggestions. Best of luck! Progest - e is AMAZING and along with NDT gave me my life energy back.

edit: you are a guy - lol. I am not sure if you need large doses. I am tagging @tankasnowgod or @ecstatichamster

Last edited:

Connor888

No, 13 hours. My apologies for not making this clear. That is why before, when I started taking, I would take some in the morning and evening.

The problem with taking a small amount in the beginning is that it can cause estrogen like symptoms as progesterone starts pulling the estrogen out of your tissues. I personally would take way more for a few weeks then back off. If you order Progest - e from Long Natural Health, they send you an information sheet on how to take it when you are first starting. I didn’t listen and suffered. I highly recommend their suggestions. Best of luck! Progest - e is AMAZING and along with NDT gave me my life energy back.

edit: you are a guy - lol. I am not sure if you need large doses. I am tagging @tankasnowgod or @ecstatichamster

yeah i am looking for some long term supplements to take. i wouldn't mind taking 3mg twice a day if it has no estrogen effects

Connor888

wow thats great though. i hope i could get some benefit as well as i dont feel an awful lot on this ndt yet. however i've only been on one grain for 12 days.
This is the progesterone i bought by the way
Molecular Progesterone Complex

mrchibbs

yeah i am looking for some long term supplements to take. i wouldn't mind taking 3mg twice a day if it has no estrogen effects

By the very definition of what it is, progesterone cannot have estrogenic effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom