What Is The Best Type Of Calcium Supplement (2020)

Josh

So taking dairy out of my diet has really reduced my eczema flare ups, so in the meantime now i'm gonna need some calcium supplementation which isnt ideal but probably better with than without i'm guessing..

I've heard Calcium Hydroxyapatite is the best type, is this true? Or do you guys have a better alternative? I found this one which looks: good..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Now-Foods-...P9J82WWHCZQ&psc=1&refRID=M1AYY5CX7P9J82WWHCZQ

Calcium carbonate/Calcium Citrate/Calcium hydroxyapatite/Egg shell/Bone meal? Which ones best?

cyclops

Eggshell is usually said to be best, which is calcium carbonate, so you could use that too I think

LeeLemonoil

Other options of salts and esters of calcium:

Pyruvate, Ascorbate, Succinate, butyrate, Propionate

Jennifer

If you do okay with plants, I like nettle for a calcium supplement. I used to make a concentrated herbal infusion from it, but now take it in a tincture form just for convenience. Eggshells dissolved in lemon juice worked well for me, too.

I find this very problematic. It's just better to get it from food. I have used malate and it seems acceptable.

Velve921

So taking dairy out of my diet has really reduced my eczema flare ups, so in the meantime now i'm gonna need some calcium supplementation which isnt ideal but probably better with than without i'm guessing..

I've heard Calcium Hydroxyapatite is the best type, is this true? Or do you guys have a better alternative? I found this one which looks: good..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Now-Foods-...P9J82WWHCZQ&psc=1&refRID=M1AYY5CX7P9J82WWHCZQ

Calcium carbonate/Calcium Citrate/Calcium hydroxyapatite/Egg shell/Bone meal? Which ones best?

Just out of curiosity, has parmigiano reggiano cheese given you flare ups?

Jennifer

I find this very problematic. It's just better to get it from food. I have used malate and it seems acceptable.
Yeah, I think it's probably best to get our nutrients from food whenever possible. That's why I use nettles. If people don't have any intolerances to these types of plants, I would think all leafy greens/green herbs are good sources of calcium.

Yeah, I think it's probably best to get our nutrients from food whenever possible. That's why I use nettles. If people don't have any intolerances to these types of plants, I would think all leafy greens/green herbs are good sources of calcium.

you have to use a lot of leafy greens, like a pound. Dr. Peat suggests boiling and then drinking the liquid.

You could eat some pressure cooked chicken bones, as long as they're high quality.

Jennifer

you have to use a lot of leafy greens, like a pound. Dr. Peat suggests boiling and then drinking the liquid.
Yep, exactly! I used to steep roughly 178 grams of nettles in just enough boiling water to cover the herbs completely and get a concentrate containing almost 1000mg of calcium in just 6 oz of liquid. The tinctures concentrate the herbs even more so far less is needed. The tincture I have is in a ratio of 1:1 so it's like molasses.

Yep, exactly! I used to steep roughly 178 grams of nettles in just enough boiling water to cover the herbs completely and get a concentrate containing almost 1000mg of calcium in just 6 oz of liquid. The tinctures concentrate the herbs even more so far less is needed. The tincture I have is in a ratio of 1:1 so it's like molasses.

very interesting. I wish we could get nettles. That would be wonderful. I never have seen them for sale.

Beastmode

cooked or uncooked

I wasn't able to get clarified from him. I assume uncooked.

We make about 6 heads/batches that are at wholefoods (whatever it's called) per week and finish most of it. No idea how much that is, but I imagine a decent amount in addition to the parmesan reggiano, milk, yogurt and milk powder pancakes.

...and probably a slow thyroid.
In my experience, kale broth is one of the most terrible things for my metabolism. I tried it a long time ago, and it just didn't work out. After just one cup of this broth, I got freezing hands, zero libido, insomnia, and just overall fatigue. And I didn't even use a pound of leaves. Probably put half a pound in the there, at max.

Jennifer

In my experience, kale broth is one of the most terrible things for my metabolism. I tried it a long time ago, and it just didn't work out. After just one cup of this broth, I got freezing hands, zero libido, insomnia, and just overall fatigue. And I didn't even use a pound of leaves. Probably put half a pound in the there, at max.
Oh wow! That's not good. I've only had kale a couple of times in my life because I don't care for the taste of it but each time I had it, it made me sick to my stomach and gave me a headache.

I was thinking, if well tolerated, dried figs are a pretty good source of calcium too. I eat quite a few of them daily.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom