Does Any Man Here Take Progesterone Without Taking Thyroid?

In a lot of the posts I have come across here while searching for threads on progesterone, it appeared that many of the posters seemed to be taking thyroid in addition to progesterone. But I am more curious about the effects of progesterone itself after listening to one of Peat's recent interviews. There are many accounts of women taking progesterone, but accounts from men are harder to find. I was wondering if some men have seen benefits just from progesterone alone.

If you wouldn't mind, please share the amount you take, as it seems like people are experiencing different results depending on the dose.

I have already read this thread (Progesterone In Men) but would like something more focused.

Herbie

I’ve used it without taking thyroid but I don’t seem to have a thyroid problem though.

I’ve used 3mg a day on lips for a week the stop. Sometimes I randomly use a fair bit topically. A few weeks ago I took a big dose around 100mg. Mainly use it for stress and general well-being.

If I could easily buy testosterone I would use that. If I could buy high quality, pure and cheap pregnenolone was available I’d use that too.

I started using dhea and pregnenolone lately with and without progesterone.

I think it’s ok to use small amounts acutely not chronically. It seems that initially it will lower cortisol and estrogen but at the risk of lowering androgens.

My personal opinion is that most of us are cronically stressed and a little progesterone is beneficial for health.

jitsmonkey

Pretty much wut ^^^^^^^ that guy sed.

I've taken it both with and without thyroid
in the past I've taken enormous doses under enormous stress or
3-9 mg a few days a week currently.

Feels = all the things you'd expect from lower cortisol and a better hormonal profile

The notion that its for female rats only is inaccurate at best.

Herbie

I think using these hormones come down to the will to stay healthy and youthful and not become are hardened lump waiting to die. It’s one way I rebel against modern times.

jitsmonkey

I think using these hormones come down to the will to stay healthy and youthful and not become are hardened lump waiting to die. It’s one way I rebel against modern times.

"You will either be CONSUMED by the culture or you will RESIST."
my apologies for the lack of citation I can't recall where I read it.

nad

[QUOTE="Benyamin Bulluc, post: 378700, member: 4310" If I could buy high quality, pure and cheap pregnenolone was available I’d use that too.

.[/QUOTE]
health natura micronise pregnenolone powder. not so cheap.

Tenacity

I'm taking 15mg daily at the moment. It seems my estrogen is so high it is having little noticeable effect. I don't appear to have a thyroid issue, so I don't take thyroid.

rei

Yes, it is one of the most powerful supplements i have experienced. When used occasionally it has a very profound effect every time. The effects are like what i had imagined testosterone to be like.

OP
F
Thank you to everyone who has shared their findings on progesterone.

@rei , would you mind sharing the amount you used (mg) when you had those very positive experiences?

rei

No idea, it is 500mg per oz. micronized gel. Usually take the manufacturer advised daily amount (2 pumps) every other~third day. Today first time testing it applied scrotally :)

Herbie

[QUOTE="Benyamin Bulluc, post: 378700, member: 4310" If I could buy high quality, pure and cheap pregnenolone was available I’d use that too.

health natura micronise pregnenolone powder. not so cheap.[/QUOTE]

I’ve heard enough not to trust it, progest-e is reliable and trustworthy.

nad

I’ve heard enough not to trust it, progest-e is reliable and trustworthy.[/QUOTE]

Oh, really?! Why? What did you hear? Where? What so bad about it? Only Pregnenolone or you mean "Health Natura"?
Please tell ?
Somebody else think so? A lot here say they using Preg.. What's your source?

jitsmonkey

Oh, really?! Why? What did you hear? Where? What so bad about it? Only Pregnenolone or you mean "Health Natura"?
Please tell ?
Somebody else think so? A lot here say they using Preg.. What's your source?[/QUOTE]

I've been using Health Natura progesterone and pregnenolone for years
and much prefer it to Progest-E as Progest-E imho is not the product it once was.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm happy with Health Natura pregnenolone.

Herbie

Please tell ?
Somebody else think so? A lot here say they using Preg.. What's your source?[/QUOTE]

Just reading on here. Ray speaking about how it was made my Semtex or some company like that.

nad

Thank you Blossom and jitsmonkey for respond.
BTW, did you try huge doses, like Peat mentioned or just maintaining dose? B/c I have this heart stopping things, like
PVC, sometimes every 4-5 secs. sometimes for hours, sometimes for days, it's becoming unbearable, and more and more often. Dr. only gave beta blockers and give up.
S/t taurine helps, s/t homeopathy, s/t nothing. I did try 100 mg - not always working

Blossom

Forum Supporter
BTW, did you try huge doses, like Peat mentioned or just maintaining dose? B/c I have this heart stopping things, like
PVC, sometimes every 4-5 secs. sometimes for hours, sometimes for days, it's becoming unbearable, and more and more often. Dr. only gave beta blockers and give up.
S/t taurine helps, s/t homeopathy, s/t nothing. I did try 100 mg - not always working
I've taken really high doses ( up to 500 mg) years ago but currently 10 mg seems like enough.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sorry about the PVC's BTW! Have you looked into magnesium? I'm not a doctor or scientist but I know magnesium sometimes help if a person's magnesium is low. It might be worth researching if you haven't thus far.

nad

Sorry about the PVC's BTW! Have you looked into magnesium? I'm not a doctor or scientist but I know magnesium sometimes help if a person's magnesium is low. It might be worth researching if you haven't thus far.

Oh, Mg I discovered may be 10 or more years ago!
That's a miracle! W/ taurine even better. Migraines almost cured. Anxiety's gone.
W/ nonstop stress life there's no way without it. But probably damaged my heart too much w/ stress and PUFA.
Can I ask you why did you take high doses and did it help? Should I expect any side effect? Just really have enough stress. And ironically anxiety's back since "peating". And sleep problems also.