Progesterone And Goiter

denise

I have large (and very problematic) uterine fibroids. I would love to megadose myself with progest-e, but I also have a large substernal goiter, and there's that caution about the progesterone causing the thyroid to start unloading its colloid and making you hyperthyroid for a while. (I know Peat also says to shrink the goiter using thyroid meds first, but I'm very new to all this and not ready to start in on that yet).

So I've been focusing on other ways to lower estrogen. I ordered some calcium d-glucarate and something called Myomin, both of which are supposed to be very good for this (I haven't tried them yet--they should arrive today), but it just occurred to me: was Peat's warning specific to progesterone? Or can it be read more generally, i.e., anything that really drops estrogen levels can make your thyroid go nuts for a time? Am I in as much danger of thyroid storm with these other supps as I would be with progesterone?

Does anyone know? I wish to heaven Peat was still taking questions on his website. I'm afraid to move forward.

J

j.

Probably anything that helps progesterone, so coffee, orange juice, but these things would have a smaller effect.

Mittir

RP explained that in Josh Rubin" Thyroid" interview around minute 40 .
His explanation was that progesterone increases the secretion of thyroid hormone too rapidly.
He also mentioned in another place that people go through this short
phase of hyperthyroidism whenever something blocks the estrogen increase.
My understanding is that once someone has enlarged thyroid gland from
unopposed estrogen then they will most likely go through
mild to moderate phase of hyperthyroid at some point. He recommends
raw cabbage juice and large serving of liver to slow down the thyroid.

HDD

What about drinking broth made with chicken necks or fish heads? This would get you a small amount of thyroid using food. I have made both and make different soups with the broth.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
jzone56 Progesterone first observations Progesterone 4
A Progesterone increases libido? Progesterone 13
L Progesterone dosage for dog Animals 11
maillol Progesterone, Progesterone Receptors and Prolactin Scientific Studies 3
P Pregnenolone/Progesterone help? Ask For Help or Advice 1
Mito Progesterone suppresses the progression of colonic carcinoma Cancer 4
haidut Stress (cortisol) causes pre-term birth by blocking progesterone Scientific Studies 4
haidut DHT / Progesterone / aspirin treat, cortisol ineffective, PUFA promotes prostate cancer Scientific Studies 1
B 3 Meathead Chemists talk Progesterone Progesterone 28
Drareg Progesterone could reduce the severity of their COVID-19 Articles & Scientific Studies 11
B Progesterone injections for covid 19 Progesterone 0
bogbody Biolabs Pro Progesterone Cream Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 11
P Progesterone receptors and serotonin levels in colon epithelial cells from females with slow transit constipation (P4 lowers SERT) Progesterone 3
A Finasteride vs Progesterone Hair & Nails 16
Sam321 Progesterone: starting dose for resolving insomnia Ask For Help or Advice 14
E Can Pregnenolone replace Progesterone temporarily during Pregnancy? Female Issues 1
V Pregnenolone, Progesterone, DHEA supplementation advice Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 12
ddjd progesterone causing headaches + poor sleep. pregnenolone completely relieves symptoms Ask For Help or Advice 11
theantagonist Muscle gain log: androsterone + progesterone + pregnenelone + DHEA Exercise 24
poilochio is "visanette" With the active ingredient "2mg dienogest" a synthetic progesterone? Ask For Help or Advice 1
haidut’s labrat Your experience with progesterone, T3/T4 and pregnenolone Health 19
Mauritio 5aOHP -Progesterone and DHT mix ? Has anybody heard about this steroid? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
haidut Progesterone and allpregnanolone are protective against COVID-19 Scientific Studies 15
Insomnia Progesterone first time experiment, what is going on?!? Experiments 6
A Farmacautical Progesterone Ask For Help or Advice 2
GuiCHE DIY Topical Progesterone? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
GuiCHE New To "Peating" - Need Advice On Progesterone Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 16
Julian Random Pains After Taking Progesterone Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
GorillaHead Low Dose Progesterone And Side Effects? Thyroid and Hormones 24
B Progesterone To Stop Male Facial Hair Growth? Hormones 27
R J MCT In Progesterone Health Natura 17
noqcks Progesterone Causing Hair Loss? Ask For Help or Advice 7
R J Canadian Group Buy For Kenogen Progesterone Progesterone 4
noqcks Progesterone Constipation Ask For Help or Advice 2
Highserotonin90 Progesterone Cream On Scrotum Progesterone 46
Atman Progesterone Use During Pregnancy And The Effects On Child Intelligence Polls 9
haidut Progesterone - Not A Sex Hormone, But A Systemic Health Hormone Scientific Studies 60
S Does Vitamin C Increase Progesterone? Vitamins 12
U Anti-Peat Progesterone-positive Cancer? Debate - Anti-Peat 1
ecstatichamster Ray Peat Interview #35: CO2, Ketosis, And Mitochondria | PUFA, Sugar, Iron, And AGEs | Progesterone And Cell Stabil Danny Roddy 21
Opioidus A List Of Things That Lower Or Antagonize Progesterone Selectively? Male Issues 1
Z Low Progesterone Coming Off Birth Control Female Issues 0
F Can You Build Tolerance With Daily Usage Of 5-10mg Of Progesterone Cream? Progesterone 13
J Forefront Health - Molecular Progesterone Complex Female Issues 6
D Progesterone, No Appetite, Nausea, Hypoglycemia Progesterone 2
Mito Progesterone In The Brain: Hormone, Neurosteroid And Neuroprotectant Progesterone 0
C Vit E Or Progesterone Reducing Face Bloating Ask For Help or Advice 6
C Elevated Progesterone? Ask For Help or Advice 15
Cecilia L. High Pregnenolone, High Progesterone, High Estradiol, Low D Female Issues 13
H Is It Safe To Give A 4 Year Old Girl Progesterone? Email Advice 55