Continuing or stopping Progesterone?

velo

Hello everyone, yet another progesterone question! Would appreciate any input on this..

I recently got another large ovarian cyst, which disrupted my period with very heavy bleeding in the middle of the cycle that wouldn't stop.. I started large doses of progesterone (30-50 mg) and after three days the cyst was totally gone and the heavy bleeding stopped (pretty amazing). Also my temperatures immediately soared to 37.3 C and heartbeat at around 85 all the time, even before sleeping. So obviously it worked very well, but I now have symptoms of progesterone overdose (possible estrogen dominance?). Inflamed eyes making it hard to see, very slow motor functions, feel like moving in quicksand. Feeling quite awful, despite haing both higher temperature and pulse. It is of course messing up my hormones.

I feel like it helped but now that I took too much/taking at the wrong time and since the cyst is gone, I should let the body try to regulate itself again. And start progesterone again when I eventually get a normal period on the 14th day. At progesteronetherapy.com they recommend to continue to take it for several months with no break but I think I wouldn't survive that..

It's always the same issue I have following Ray's work, when I get such mixed signals/symptoms and I don't know how to interpret them or what my body is doing or what it needs.

Of course not looking for medical advise, but if someone had a similar situation I would greatly appreciate any input.

treelady

I guess I would lower the dose. Since you corrected your cyst problem you probably don't need that much. I know I sound like a broken record, but the way I do it is muscle test and let my body tell me how much it wants.

tara

Great that it worked for you.

I do not have experience with cysts.

30-50mg/day is not massive. But if it is making you feel bad, reducing it seems like a good idea to me.
Were you using it cyclically before the cyst showed up? How about bringing it down to ~10mg and keeping it there for just one whole cycle, and then going back to cyclical use again, possibly slightly more often than before?

Are you salting to taste? I think high progesterone supplementation can result in excreting more sodium?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals