Post Here If You Are Experiencing Flu-like Symptoms

Rafe

@GAF
That USPS link sort of perfectly rounds out the picture. Dam. Great timing. Had no idea.

OP
ecstatichamster
Thank you @Rafe

My temp hit about 105 high yesterday and hovered in the 103s most of the time. A cough has developed but I can mostly suppress it. Doing lots of bag breathing.

Overnight my temps were as low as 99.5, and this morning 101, so that’s progress.

My son gave me a mask, which I’ll wear around my family. And the mask has a bit of dead air and generates higher CO2 so masks are actually therapeutic. Someone could design a mask with lots of dead space and it would create a certain concentration of CO2 that would be very healthful and wouldn’t require bag breathing.

Anyone want to invent that, I’ll help fund it if @charlie permits.

My stack consists of:
Zithromax and amoxyclilin now. And cyproheptadine, lisuride, vitamin C, ascorbyl palmitate, methylene blue, aspirin, taurine, 50-100mg niacinamide, 3g thiamine, progesterone, and DHEA, and pregnenolone.

I added the antibiotics because they are anti inflammatory and I could easily get a bacterial infection. My plan is to see how well I do, and if I don’t do well, consult with a physician and get a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia. But no reason to do that now as these are the antibiotics they’ve been recommending anyway for that condition, with levoquin as a substitute if those don’t work.

I also had a few raw eggs in home made egg nog yesterday becaause Dr. Peat has said raw eggs are very antiviral and I need to eat anyway. I had that and some milk yesterday, and I wasn’t really hungry.

I’m praying my wife doesn’t get it. I was careful about not getting too close to her for a number of days ago, and we are careful now with chlorox wipes and so forth but who knows.

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
Also taking about 3g of taurine hopefully to prevent fibrosis.

thinking to taking potassium iodide to thin any mucus — any thoughts?

I have a groceries cloth bag i can put over my head that builds CO2 but is porous and safe and I slept with it on for an hour which was really good.

M

metabolizm

It’s likely I’ve had it, and transmitted it to my girlfriend.

For me, it’s been nothing but a tickly cough and some diarrhoea. For her, loss of sense of smell and various flu-like symptoms. She does tend to get hit pretty hard by these things though. I think she’ll be feeling better in a few days. I’ve had my mild symptoms for about 10 days, and they’ve almost gone now.

interesting how the same virus can have vastly different effects on different people.

OP
ecstatichamster
Why cough is bad?

Coughing lowers your CO2 to dangerously low levels. If you cough, it starts a bad downward cycle. If you don’t cough your body gets rid the mucus in your lungs through resorption. It’s very important not to cough —- stop each cough as best you can.

LucyL

Thank you @Rafe

My temp hit about 105 high yesterday and hovered in the 103s most of the time.

From what I"ve heard, fever is good - when your temp lowers, could you use red lights / hot bath/ sauna to elevate?

My stack consists of:
Zithromax and amoxyclilin now. And cyproheptadine, lisuride, vitamin C, ascorbyl palmitate, methylene blue, aspirin, taurine, 50-100mg niacinamide, 3g thiamine, progesterone, and DHEA, and pregnenolone.

How about lysine? It is anti-viral. Activated Charcoal? To help keep the intestines clean.

I’m praying my wife doesn’t get it. I was careful about not getting too close to her for a number of days ago, and we are careful now with chlorox wipes and so forth but who knows.

We're the same way with illnesses :): Don't want both of us down at the same time. We have air purifiers in almost every room (the blue light killing kinds).

OP
ecstatichamster
I like the idea of air cleaners with UV, @LucyL

I haven’t got any lysine handy. I find activated charcoal very constipating.

Fever is good but at 105 it’s too much. Thank God for aspirin.

InChristAlone

Coughing lowers your CO2 to dangerously low levels. If you cough, it starts a bad downward cycle. If you don’t cough your body gets rid the mucus in your lungs through resorption. It’s very important not to cough —- stop each cough as best you can.
I'd need to see a reference before considering this option. Cystic Fibrosis patients are the best example we have of this not being true. They would die without lung clearance. And that is exactly how people are dieing of this their lungs fill up with sticky thick mucus. That mucus needs to flow it is ridding the body of toxic material.

EIRE24

I'm experiencing some hot/cold flu symptoms with headaches and difficulty breathing/lung pain. It's not abnormal for me since I have asthma problems, but it's been more difficult for a day or so. Who knows what I have but it's definitely something. I've managed to keep it under relative control using what I have on hand, understanding that endotoxin and serotonin play a big role in pulmonary fibrosis and breathing difficult, using what Ray/Georgi have recommended:

• Methylene blue in liquid (1mg) every few hours with red light exposure, MB was a potent anti-viral against Ebola (another coronavirus)
  • 1g Vitamin C powder, with lysine (abolishes NO response from endotoxin), niacinamide, all in applesauce
  • Benadryl a few times a day (don't have cypro right now) to inhibit the serotonin receptors.
  • Cascara in juice for the emodin, and helping bowel movements.
  • Antibotics (penicillin) to help clear endotoxin along with the carrot salad.
  • Vitamin E, which prevents vascular leakiness in the lungs.
  • Gelatin in hot chocolate because glycine blunts lung inflammatory reaction from endotoxin.
  • Plenty of pregnenolone and thyroid as usual.

Thanks for the positions, I'll try something like this tonight to help me breathe better. Do you have other suggestions for keeping the 'lymph channels' open?
How do you do the gelatin in hot chocolate?

OP
ecstatichamster
I'd need to see a reference before considering this option. Cystic Fibrosis patients are the best example we have of this not being true. They would die without lung clearance. And that is exactly how people are dieing of this their lungs fill up with sticky thick mucus. That mucus needs to flow it is ridding the body of toxic material.

yes that's what people believe but it is not true. For CF, we used Buteyko which cleared his lungs and made him strong. He still needed to take digestive enzymes but nothing else. I don't ask that anyone consider this option. I no longer do private coaching. But it is an example of a dogma that is totally untrue. CF people need their CO2 levels raised, nothing else seems to make as profound an impact.

OP
ecstatichamster
the body can process a liter of mucus in a day, by the way. If conditions are right, CO2 levels high.

OP
ecstatichamster
Now this is something, and I thought me taking 300mg of B1 per day is a large dose.

3g a day is a dose that over a week makes a powerful carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, raising CO2 in the body as well as acetazolamide.

RWilly

@ecstatichamster It may also be beneficial to drink some green tea (EGCG) and eat apples/onions/capers and other foods with quercetin, as they have ionophore activity that may help get zinc into the cell. Copper may do the same thing. (They are looking at that malaria drug because it opens up the zinc ion channel.)

Here's some info:
A good video explaining the zinc ion channel. This starts at about the 1:30 mark:

Copper and protons directly activate the zinc-activated channel
Copper and protons directly activate the zinc-activated channel

Zinc ionophore activity of quercetin and epigallocatechin-gallate: from Hepa 1-6 cells to a liposome model.
Zinc ionophore activity of quercetin and epigallocatechin-gallate: from Hepa 1-6 cells to a liposome model. - PubMed - NCBI

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Gone Peating

I could see them pushing this, but how will they enforce it? It's not like they are going to go door to door... I hope...

Although this new vaccine thing Bill Gates is working on will apparently let anybody give a vaccine, not just medical personnel. I wonder if someone could come up with a way to 'fake' the micro tattoo that Gates is coming up with?

They’ll start with “At risk” populations: homeless, illegal immigrants, and the elderly. They’ve already started giving the vaccine with the “Digital ID” to people in Bangaladesh and now even to homeless people in Austin TX.

They’ll make it mandatory for kids going to school and universities, and while there the parents will most likely get it too.

And then most other people will choose to get it voluntarily

InChristAlone

yes that's what people believe but it is not true. For CF, we used Buteyko which cleared his lungs and made him strong. He still needed to take digestive enzymes but nothing else. I don't ask that anyone consider this option. I no longer do private coaching. But it is an example of a dogma that is totally untrue. CF people need their CO2 levels raised, nothing else seems to make as profound an impact.
Well I could see that being the case for CF but during a flu or pneumonia you wouldn't want to form sticky mucus that just sits there. During acute illness we have mucus for a reason.

nad

Anybody still drink coffee when sick? How about olive lief extract, Rhodiola?

mrchibbs

Anybody still drink coffee when sick? How about olive lief extract, Rhodiola?

I strongly dislike coffee when I'm sick. Herbal tea is all I can drink when sick.
Whenever I get better, the desire for coffee comes back.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals