Post Here If You Are Experiencing Flu-like Symptoms

mrchibbs

How do you do the gelatin in hot chocolate?

Pour a little cold milk in a mug, (half an inch or so), add the gelatin powder to it (1-2tbsp), let it hydrate and mix it in a little.
Add some sugar to taste and cocoa powder, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt, then slowly pour hot water from a kettle, little by little, while stirring, until you fill the mug.

The hot chocolate should be at a perfect temperature then, but if it isn't just microwave it for 20 sec or so.

nad

I strongly dislike coffee when I'm sick. Herbal tea is all I can drink when sick.
Whenever I get better, the desire for coffee comes back.
Thanks, do you think it's just your body telling you ''it's not for me right now'' or , my question is caffeine still beneficial for sick people

EIRE24

Pour a little cold milk in a mug, (half an inch or so), add the gelatin powder to it (1-2tbsp), let it hydrate and mix it in a little.
Add some sugar to taste and cocoa powder, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt, then slowly pour hot water from a kettle, little by little, while stirring, until you fill the mug.

The hot chocolate should be at a perfect temperature then, but if it isn't just microwave it for 20 sec or so.
Thank you for this.

OP
ecstatichamster
Dr. Peat wrote:

Sodium bicarbonate should help, more quickly and acetazolamide, without the risk of allergy. Antihistamines—Benadryl and cyproheptadine—and aspirin help with different aspects of the inflammation. The virus infects the small intestine as easily as the lungs, so using sugar for energy, in place of harder to digest foods, can protect those membranes.

mrchibbs

Thanks, do you think it's just your body telling you ''it's not for me right now'' or , my question is caffeine still beneficial for sick people

I honestly don't know. It's weird but it's like I'm turned off coffee. To your point about caffeine and sick people, maybe it's a way for the body to prevent an excitatory state, and more towards inhibition and rest, and I think straight up coffee may not be conducive to a restful state. I think the relaxation benefits of coffee are only really experienced by people with strong thyroid function. Danny has talked about this, and Ray has as well, caffeine is much better tolerated when also taking some thyroid. In a sick state, typically thyroid function is quite low, and the stress hormones kick in, so adding caffeine on top may just be bad fuel at that point. At least this is how I see it. Coffee also has a bad taste when you've got a sore throat for example.

mrchibbs

Thank you for this.

You're welcome! This is why this forum is for after all. The hot chocolate with gelatin is how I finish my day typically! Some magnesium and minerals in the cocoa powder, some added alt, some calcium with the milk, with the gelatin turns into a nearly ideal drink before bed.

mrchibbs

Dr. Peat wrote:

Sodium bicarbonate should help, more quickly and acetazolamide, without the risk of allergy. Antihistamines—Benadryl and cyproheptadine—and aspirin help with different aspects of the inflammation. The virus infects the small intestine as easily as the lungs, so using sugar for energy, in place of harder to digest foods, can protect those membranes.

Where has he written this? I think Georgi cautioned against taking cypro+aspirin at the same time because they both thin the blood. Or maybe just more k2 is needed.

OP
ecstatichamster
Where has he written this? I think Georgi cautioned against taking cypro+aspirin at the same time because they both thin the blood. Or maybe just more k2 is needed.

Yes he wrote this.

I’ve taken cypro and aspirin together for years.

nad

I honestly don't know. It's weird but it's like I'm turned off coffee. To your point about caffeine and sick people, maybe it's a way for the body to prevent an excitatory state, and more towards inhibition and rest, and I think straight up coffee may not be conducive to a restful state. I think the relaxation benefits of coffee are only really experienced by people with strong thyroid function. Danny has talked about this, and Ray has as well, caffeine is much better tolerated when also taking some thyroid. In a sick state, typically thyroid function is quite low, and the stress hormones kick in, so adding caffeine on top may just be bad fuel at that point. At least this is how I see it. Coffee also has a bad taste when you've got a sore throat for example.
Thank you mrchibbs.
That make sense, I was just thinking may be if it has some really strong protection we can use it even without craving, like we don't crave pills or vit's etc., or just for prevention. But I agree w/you, thanks again for reply :)

mrchibbs

Yes he wrote this.

I’ve taken cypro and aspirin together for years.

Ah that's good to hear. I have been reluctant to take cypro at the same time as I take aspirin. Do you know where that quote is from?

mrchibbs

Thank you mrchibbs.
That make sense, I was just thinking may be if it has some really strong protection we can use it even without craving, like we don't crave pills or vit's etc., or just for prevention. But I agree w/you, thanks again for reply :)

You're welcome! :) I'm sure caffeine itself offers some good protection. I tend to like coca-cola when I'm sick, and cocoa powder has some caffeine too.

SOMO

I personally know 3 people who are hospitalized. All have Covid-19 and pneumonia. One person is a normally healthy person in their 50s that is very much into nutrition (but more on the low-carb side of things), another person is a Type 1 diabetic, and the other person is a normally healthy senior in their late 70s.

How do you know these 3 people have Covid 19?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals