Post Here If You Are Experiencing Flu-like Symptoms

RWilly

I personally know 3 people who are hospitalized. All have Covid-19 and pneumonia. One person is a normally healthy person in their 50s that is very much into nutrition (but more on the low-carb side of things), another person is a Type 1 diabetic, and the other person is a normally healthy senior in their late 70s.

OP
ecstatichamster
I personally know 3 people who are hospitalized. All have Covid-19 and pneumonia. One person is a normally healthy person in their 50s that is very much into nutrition (but more on the low-carb side of things), another person is a Type 1 diabetic, and the other person is a normally healthy senior in their late 70s.

I think people who are into low carb are often quite sick. Sadly. I hope your people recover quickly.

InChristAlone

Pour a little sugar on it honey
Pour a little sugar on it baby

I wonder what would happen if Trump announced sugar is the cure??

Last edited:

schultz

Sugar sugar, oh honey honey:microphone:

I wonder what would happen if Trump announced sugar is the cure??

I read this sciencedaily article a while back that made me chuckle. They were trying to see if insulin would protect against LPS. I like the part below in parenthesis where they offhandedly mention that they gave insulin and glucose, you know, just to maintain normal glucose levels. Surely the sugar couldn't be the protective aspect.

Insulin may reduce several inflammatory factors induced by bacterial infection
"The study involved 19 healthy subjects who were injected after an overnight fast with a dose of the endotoxin based on their weight. After the endotoxin injection, 10 participants were infused with insulin (plus dextrose to maintain normal glucose levels), and nine received saline to mimic the insulin infusion."

InChristAlone

I read this sciencedaily article a while back that made me chuckle. They were trying to see if insulin would protect against LPS. I like the part below in parenthesis where they offhandedly mention that they gave insulin and glucose, you know, just to maintain normal glucose levels. Surely the sugar couldn't be the protective aspect.

Insulin may reduce several inflammatory factors induced by bacterial infection
"The study involved 19 healthy subjects who were injected after an overnight fast with a dose of the endotoxin based on their weight. After the endotoxin injection, 10 participants were infused with insulin (plus dextrose to maintain normal glucose levels), and nine received saline to mimic the insulin infusion."
Wow that's the perfect example of correlation does not equal causation! They concluded it was the insulin. Face palming so hard. :banghead

Lol whoever is anti sugar is right at the top of the fools pyramid. Or is it the low fat vegans?

I don’t know. It’s close

Wagner83

I think people who are into low carb are often quite sick. Sadly. I hope your people recover quickly.
As I said on an other thread. No comorbidities, under 30, seldom get sick, I eat plenty of carbs and yet I have trouble breathing which are getting worse. You can also check @Hans article on his wife's experience with the virus.

InChristAlone

Sometimes our immune system need to clear out unhealthy cells. The problem is when cells die off they release a toxin and that's what causes the symptoms, not the virus. So make sure all lymph channels are open. Keep things flowing out. Autopsies of patients who die of pneumonia reveal thick sticky mucous. If you cant get this out you won't be able to breathe. The other way is through bronchitis but I don't think that causes pneumonia by itself.

tupolev

I am reasonably sure I came down with this two weeks ago. I had fever & pleurisy for three days, Thursday through Saturday. No cough. I thought I was basically finished and recovering on the upswing Monday last week. Tuesday and Wednesday I went on a couple easy bicycle rides and was coughing and spitting a surprising amount. In accordance with other reports I was almost gasping for air on what would have been trivial efforts for me.

Late Thursday night last week I had total relapse. Back into fever and lung pain. I'm almost fine again now.

I have no cough, but when I take a long hot shower then in the hot steam I start having a productive cough.

I do not think I had the wrong idea on going on a long brisk walk or an easy bike ride. I think this thing forms a coating on the lungs and you have to work it loose. I relapsed because it was still in pockets of mucus in my lungs that weren't moving. My totally unsupported hypothesis is you should probably force yourself to take a brisk walk. A steam room would be best. I'm not 100% but I intend to force myself to go on a long walk tomorrow and do a lot of coughing and spitting on the grass.

I also think there is a lot of evidence that humidification is important for both prevention and recovery. My humidstat was generally reading 30%, but when I got it up to 55% by boiling water I would tend to have productive cough.

I was totally waylaid by the worst flu of my life in October and I was hoping I could skip this one, or already had it. I was totally out of commission and coughing until I cried for ten days in October. That was way worse than this. The only weird thing about Chinese Bat Aids was the total relapse after about four days of feeling fine.

p.s.
I would personally link both my flus of the last half year to job stress. If I was a beach bum I don't think I would have got them. I worked a series of all-nighters leading up to both.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Yes the dry air in heated rooms is terrible for colds and flu.

FB_IMG_1584969666659.jpg

Giraffe

View attachment 17118
This reminds me of the position shown in the picture here. I found it very helpful. When I tried it the first time I was short of breath in the beginning, but it went away after a short while. Next time I tried it, I was short of breath again, but it went away faster then the first time. With more praxis this issue completely vanished.

Beastmode

I felt flu like symptoms (mild) during the 1st half of the day over a period of 2-3 days not long ago.

My wife had the same and our toddler, not long before that, had flu like symptoms over a few days.

Ray Peat has helped me think in such a "bigger picture" way around health that I didn't even think of the word "flu" during any of it. I swear that has something to do with going through these periods where symptoms (i.e- "flu like" or "corona like") make a massive difference.

mrchibbs

I'm experiencing some hot/cold flu symptoms with headaches and difficulty breathing/lung pain. It's not abnormal for me since I have asthma problems, but it's been more difficult for a day or so. Who knows what I have but it's definitely something. I've managed to keep it under relative control using what I have on hand, understanding that endotoxin and serotonin play a big role in pulmonary fibrosis and breathing difficult, using what Ray/Georgi have recommended:

• Methylene blue in liquid (1mg) every few hours with red light exposure, MB was a potent anti-viral against Ebola (another coronavirus)
  • 1g Vitamin C powder, with lysine (abolishes NO response from endotoxin), niacinamide, all in applesauce
  • Benadryl a few times a day (don't have cypro right now) to inhibit the serotonin receptors.
  • Cascara in juice for the emodin, and helping bowel movements.
  • Antibotics (penicillin) to help clear endotoxin along with the carrot salad.
  • Vitamin E, which prevents vascular leakiness in the lungs.
  • Gelatin in hot chocolate because glycine blunts lung inflammatory reaction from endotoxin.
  • Plenty of pregnenolone and thyroid as usual.

View attachment 17118

Thanks for the positions, I'll try something like this tonight to help me breathe better. Do you have other suggestions for keeping the 'lymph channels' open?

mrchibbs

I am reasonably sure I came down with this two weeks ago. I had fever & pleurisy for three days, Thursday through Saturday. No cough. I thought I was basically finished and recovering on the upswing Monday last week. Tuesday and Wednesday I went on a couple easy bicycle rides and was coughing and spitting a surprising amount. In accordance with other reports I was almost gasping for air on what would have been trivial efforts for me.

Late Thursday night last week I had total relapse. Back into fever and lung pain. I'm almost fine again now.

I have no cough, but when I take a long hot shower then in the hot steam I start having a productive cough.

I do not think I had the wrong idea on going on a long brisk walk or an easy bike ride. I think this thing forms a coating on the lungs and you have to work it loose. I relapsed because it was still in pockets of mucus in my lungs that weren't moving. My totally unsupported hypothesis is you should probably force yourself to take a brisk walk. A steam room would be best. I'm not 100% but I intend to force myself to go on a long walk tomorrow and do a lot of coughing and spitting on the grass.

I also think there is a lot of evidence that humidification is important for both prevention and recovery. My humidstat was generally reading 30%, but when I got it up to 55% by boiling water I would tend to have productive cough.

I was totally waylaid by the worst flu of my life in October and I was hoping I could skip this one, or already had it. I was totally out of commission and coughing until I cried for ten days in October. That was way worse than this. The only weird thing about Chinese Bat Aids was the total relapse after about four days of feeling fine.

p.s.
I would personally link both my flus of the last half year to job stress. If I was a beach bum I don't think I would have got them. I worked a series of all-nighters leading up to both.

As Ray mentioned in his recent interview, we have those viruses already, stress merely proves to be spark. I've had an insane flu in early feb myself, with high fever and debilitating symptoms, I was hopeful not to have to go through this again, but hey only thing to do is to support the body through it as much as possible.

InChristAlone

I'm experiencing some hot/cold flu symptoms with headaches and difficulty breathing/lung pain. It's not abnormal for me since I have asthma problems, but it's been more difficult for a day or so. Who knows what I have but it's definitely something. I've managed to keep it under relative control using what I have on hand, understanding that endotoxin and serotonin play a big role in pulmonary fibrosis and breathing difficult, using what Ray/Georgi have recommended:

• Methylene blue in liquid (1mg) every few hours with red light exposure, MB was a potent anti-viral against Ebola (another coronavirus)
  • 1g Vitamin C powder, with lysine (abolishes NO response from endotoxin), niacinamide, all in applesauce
  • Benadryl a few times a day (don't have cypro right now) to inhibit the serotonin receptors.
  • Cascara in juice for the emodin, and helping bowel movements.
  • Antibotics (penicillin) to help clear endotoxin along with the carrot salad.
  • Vitamin E, which prevents vascular leakiness in the lungs.
  • Gelatin in hot chocolate because glycine blunts lung inflammatory reaction from endotoxin.
  • Plenty of pregnenolone and thyroid as usual.

Thanks for the positions, I'll try something like this tonight to help me breathe better. Do you have other suggestions for keeping the 'lymph channels' open?
Vitamin C flush. Take enough to cause a bowel movement. A lot of crap is released! Pun not/intended.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals