Possible Viral Symptoms? Maybe COVID-19?

dfspcc20

- Low-grade fever (98.8 - 99.5 deg F) for past 10+ days
- Symptoms of labrynthitis/vestibular neuritis (slight dizzyness, lightheadedness at times, especially with changes in head and eye position). Note that this doesn't seem to be uncommon after a virus.
- Some neck stiffness and tightness in occipital muscles; it is an ongoing issue, but maybe slightly worse now
- No respiratory or other flu-like symptoms. Had a tickle in my throat a couple times, but that was fleeting
- Occasionally had bouts of what seems like a stress reaction after eating, especially if it was something cold. Onset of rapid heartbeat, uneasiness, need to lay down or arms start to tingle and feels like I might pass out in extreme cases. Might be a vagus nerve issue, but who knows.

Other than that, heart rate has been around 80 bpm. I have eased off all supplements except occasional aspirin, Energin and extra B1 and B2.

Note sure if related to other issues mentioned here: Neurological Symptoms, TSH, Copper

Odd thing is that stress levels have been much lower the past 3-4 weeks with social distancing- no time spent in a commute, get to spend a lot more time outdoors in the sun, all meals have been home-cooked and with family, not rushed, etc.
Sleep has been good. Digestion and bowel movements have been great; 2-3x/day, solid, not loose.

Have an appointment scheduled with my PCP, I'm thinking mainly to rule out possible ear infection or something more dire like meningitis or MS. I'm really hesitant about this in the current environment, though.

Any other thoughts?

sladerunner69

Perhaps it could be low estrogen? I experience nerve and bone aches in my back and neck and joints when I take many things.

How long ago did you end the supplements?

OP
dfspcc20

dfspcc20

Perhaps it could be low estrogen? I experience nerve and bone aches in my back and neck and joints when I take many things.

How long ago did you end the supplements?

Didn't really have too much in the way of regular supplements. The main things I've stopped were methylene blue (200-300mcg/day) and liposomal vitamin C (~150mg/day), along with caffeine from coffee. Stopped taking MB and caffeine over a week ago. The vitamin C stopped a few days ago. The scariest symptom (the last bullet in my list) seemed to correspond most closely with the liposomal C.

I've heard MB + vitamin C can shake things loose if one has a high viral load, so I'm wondering if that might have been the case.

sladerunner69

Didn't really have too much in the way of regular supplements. The main things I've stopped were methylene blue (200-300mcg/day) and liposomal vitamin C (~150mg/day), along with caffeine from coffee. Stopped taking MB and caffeine over a week ago. The vitamin C stopped a few days ago. The scariest symptom (the last bullet in my list) seemed to correspond most closely with the liposomal C.

I've heard MB + vitamin C can shake things loose if one has a high viral load, so I'm wondering if that might have been the case.

Intersting, I used to take liposomal C myself, at 500mg. That was until someone warned me that they believed it was toxic, contaminated with heavy emtals during the manufacturing process. I couldn't find anything substantiating that when I looked into it. Plus, I had a hair test which showed normal/low results for all heavy metals, so I'm not worried.

That last symptom does sound like a herx reaction, though. Could be massive pathogen die off.

OP
dfspcc20

dfspcc20

Update on this.
Primary Care doctor did usual blood panel. Came back normal, with "high" total cholesterol (225) and LDL (134), and slightly high fasting blood Glucose (100). None of that is new for me.
Also had vitamin D and B12 tested. B12 was in range (668), but D was low (21). That's the lowest it's been for me. It was 35 last May.
They did an EKG at the office. The nurse took it 3 times. 2 showed a normal respiratory sinus arrhythmia. 1 showed Nonspecific Intraventricular Conduction Delay. I was referred to a cardiologist, for which I have an appt next week. I wasn't too confident in these results, as I was shivering due to the cold office and not wearing a shirt or shoes, and read that could produce artifacts in the EKG.
I still have bouts of low-grade fever (~99.5 deg F) and high heart rate (80-100bpm), with general feeling of uneasiness and occasional tingling. This has been going on for more than a month.
I've stopped all supplements except occasional aspirin and cyproheptadine, trying to focus on good food and sunlight and keeping stress low.
Other than the low vitamin D, thinking it might be a blood potassium issue (high or low?), though my fasting potassium in the blood panel was in range. Or maybe myocarditis, perhaps from a virus?

James Myatt

- Low-grade fever (98.8 - 99.5 deg F) for past 10+ days
- Symptoms of labrynthitis/vestibular neuritis (slight dizzyness, lightheadedness at times, especially with changes in head and eye position). Note that this doesn't seem to be uncommon after a virus.
- Some neck stiffness and tightness in occipital muscles; it is an ongoing issue, but maybe slightly worse now
- No respiratory or other flu-like symptoms. Had a tickle in my throat a couple times, but that was fleeting
- Occasionally had bouts of what seems like a stress reaction after eating, especially if it was something cold. Onset of rapid heartbeat, uneasiness, need to lay down or arms start to tingle and feels like I might pass out in extreme cases. Might be a vagus nerve issue, but who knows.

Other than that, heart rate has been around 80 bpm. I have eased off all supplements except occasional aspirin, Energin and extra B1 and B2.

Note sure if related to other issues mentioned here: Neurological Symptoms, TSH, Copper

Odd thing is that stress levels have been much lower the past 3-4 weeks with social distancing- no time spent in a commute, get to spend a lot more time outdoors in the sun, all meals have been home-cooked and with family, not rushed, etc.
Sleep has been good. Digestion and bowel movements have been great; 2-3x/day, solid, not loose.

Have an appointment scheduled with my PCP, I'm thinking mainly to rule out possible ear infection or something more dire like meningitis or MS. I'm really hesitant about this in the current environment, though.

Any other thoughts?
I have had almost identical symptoms as yourself so it's highly possible it could be covid. My symptoms started at the end of March and have eased slowly but still not right. I seem to cough up weird sputum aswell

OP
dfspcc20

dfspcc20

I have had almost identical symptoms as yourself so it's highly possible it could be covid. My symptoms started at the end of March and have eased slowly but still not right. I seem to cough up weird sputum aswell

Thanks for sharing. Good to know I'm not alone. Been about 2+ months for me now. Thinking I'm generally trending towards getting normal, but I'll still get infrequent bouts of this. Been back-and-forth with whether its something I'm doing to myself by something I'm eating, which doesn't make too much sense since I haven't changed anything substantial during the same time, or something else external like a virus.

My whole family did have flu-like symptoms plus lingering cough back in December/January. Flu test came back negative twice for my wife, as well as once for one of my kids. So it is plausible this is some residual element of that. It's just difficult to believe since I've never had something like this before.

I don't have sputum, nor much of a cough or any respiratory symptoms. Just the bouts of mild fever (99.6 deg F today) and high resting heart rate (105ish today), along with muscle tension.

James Myatt

Thanks for sharing. Good to know I'm not alone. Been about 2+ months for me now. Thinking I'm generally trending towards getting normal, but I'll still get infrequent bouts of this. Been back-and-forth with whether its something I'm doing to myself by something I'm eating, which doesn't make too much sense since I haven't changed anything substantial during the same time, or something else external like a virus.

My whole family did have flu-like symptoms plus lingering cough back in December/January. Flu test came back negative twice for my wife, as well as once for one of my kids. So it is plausible this is some residual element of that. It's just difficult to believe since I've never had something like this before.

I don't have sputum, nor much of a cough or any respiratory symptoms. Just the bouts of mild fever (99.6 deg F today) and high resting heart rate (105ish today), along with muscle tension.
I would also try and check if calcium deposits havnt become dislodged in your ear ...exercises can be done to help and relieve dizzy spells...

OP
dfspcc20

dfspcc20

I would also try and check if calcium deposits havnt become dislodged in your ear ...exercises can be done to help and relieve dizzy spells...

How does one check for that?
And exercises like vestibular stimulation? Or Epley maneuver?

James Myatt

How does one check for that?
And exercises like vestibular stimulation? Or Epley maneuver?
I guess a doctor can check, but I'm not entirely sure. For exercises, I lie on my bed with my head leaning off the edge and tilt my head back slightly and change from left to right...
Hope this helps

James.

OP
dfspcc20

dfspcc20

Update on this- I did go to a cardiologist. They did the treadmill test with the EKG, along with ultrasound of my heart. No issues found.
Haven't had as many of these "attacks" recently, but did have one yesterday. Was thinking it might be due to endotoxin and/or bowels, as high saturated fat meals seem to be related. Charcoal, cyproheptadine and/or Camphosal all seem to help.
Might be similar to what @Creative Nature has been describing:
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/intense-stress-during-passage-of-food-through-large-intestine.34402

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals