Post Caffeine Symptoms

MSH

It never fails that within 3 days of having caffeine I will experience: flu-like fatigue and body aches, depressed mood, anxiety, lethargy, and cognitive decline.

Any ideas on why this is? I only have caffeine occasionally. Other than avoiding caffeine altogether, any ideas on how I can avoid these symptoms or at least lessen the severity and duration. I would love to understand the mechanism behind this.

thanks.

redsun

It never fails that within 3 days of having caffeine I will experience: flu-like fatigue and body aches, depressed mood, anxiety, lethargy, and cognitive decline.

Any ideas on why this is? I only have caffeine occasionally. Other than avoiding caffeine altogether, any ideas on how I can avoid these symptoms or at least lessen the severity and duration. I would love to understand the mechanism behind this.

thanks.

Yeh its called withdrawal.

OP
M

MSH

Ok. I am extremely sensitive to caffeine then if I can have the severity of symptoms I have with just a coffee or two. Any ideas on how to lessen the severity of the symptoms?

redsun

Ok. Any ideas on how to lessen the severity of the symptoms?

The severity of the symptoms is dependent on the individual, how much caffeine you take daily and for how long you have been taking it. Its like saying how can you lessen withdrawal from another drug.

The only real answer is taper off caffeine slowly as opposed to just stopping which would make it more bearable. But honestly I say, if you are going to consume caffeine, consume the same amount at the same time daily or don't consume it ever. That way no need to deal with the yo-yoing of withdrawal all the time. It just doesnt make sense to do it any other way.

OP
M

MSH

The severity of the symptoms is dependent on the individual, how much caffeine you take daily and for how long you have been taking it. Its like saying how can you lessen withdrawal from another drug.

The only real answer is taper off caffeine slowly as opposed to just stopping which would make it more bearable. But honestly I say, if you are going to consume caffeine, consume the same amount at the same time daily or don't consume it ever. That way no need to deal with the yo-yoing of withdrawal all the time. It just doesnt make sense to do it any other way.

Ok. Thanks for your time and input.

thanks.

Yeah, as Redsun said. I handle it now by consuming caffeine only once a week, 200-400mg, before workout, and the combination of intake and training lessens the withdrawal strongly.

OP
M

MSH

Yeah, as Redsun said. I handle it now by consuming caffeine only once a week, 200-400mg, before workout, and the combination of intake and training lessens the withdrawal strongly.

Are there any supplements that you find helpful? I have read that DLPA and magnesium are helpful. Thanks.

Lollipop2

OP, it sounds like you need to work on your liver. Having this kind of reaction to coffee points imo to a weak liver.

TheSir

This. Caffeine is, after all, a typical drug, which means that using it has innate, unavoidable drawbacks. No amount of liver rehab and thyroid will take away this reality, though they may be able to alleviate the severity of the comedown to some extent.

Lollipop2

Thanks! What would you recommend to
do this?
Aspirin taken with milk, Vit e, reduce PUFA, ironically coffee - lol, natural desiccated thyroid, progesterone (I am a woman - might not be best for you), reduce endotoxins, have a healthy GI track, milk thistle - be careful over 500mg is estrogenic. I took 1 capsule a day for two bottles. Helped me a lot - do your research though. I have consumed all of the above and can verify their help.

These can get you started and I am sure there are more.

Lollipop2

This. Caffeine is, after all, a typical drug, which means that using it has innate, unavoidable drawbacks. No amount of liver rehab and thyroid will take away this reality, though they may be able to alleviate the severity of the comedown to some extent.
This has unequivocally not been my experience. Once everything was running smoothly, I can drink coffee or not, no withdrawal symptoms. I can drink for months, go cold turkey and not have for a couple of weeks, nothing - no symptoms.

OP
M

MSH

Thanks for your input.

OP
M

MSH

Aspirin taken with milk, Vit e, reduce PUFA, ironically coffee - lol, natural desiccated thyroid, progesterone (I am a woman - might not be best for you), reduce endotoxins, have a healthy GI track, milk thistle - be careful over 500mg is estrogenic. I took 1 capsule a day for two bottles. Helped me a lot - do your research though. I have consumed all of the above and can verify their help.

These can get you started and I am sure there are more.

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals