The "Flu" May Be Simply A Sign/Symptom Of Elevated Endotoxin

CoolTweetPete

I believe I've read that ethanol's TLR 4 induction is independent of endotoxin. TLR 4 Wiki,

A link between the TLR 4 receptor and binge drinking has been suggested. When genes responsible for the expression of TLR 4 and GABA receptors are manipulated in rodents that had been bred and trained to drink excessively, the animals showed a "profound reduction" in drinking behaviours.[27] Additionally, it has been shown that ethanol, even in the absence of LPS, can activate TLR4 signaling pathways.[28]

Don't see why cypro wouldn't at least help though.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I believe I've read that ethanol's TLR 4 induction is independent of endotoxin. TLR 4 Wiki,

A link between the TLR 4 receptor and binge drinking has been suggested. When genes responsible for the expression of TLR 4 and GABA receptors are manipulated in rodents that had been bred and trained to drink excessively, the animals showed a "profound reduction" in drinking behaviours.[27] Additionally, it has been shown that ethanol, even in the absence of LPS, can activate TLR4 signaling pathways.[28]

Don't see why cypro wouldn't at least help though.

Right, I did not mean to say that ethanol raises endotoxin but that it acts like endotoxin mimetic. Agonists of the TLR4 receptor would all be endotoxin-mimetics. So, antagonists of that receptor will block the effects but likely won't reduce endotoxin synthesis per se. For that, charcoal and carrot salad is needed.

CoolTweetPete

Yeah, I've found carrot and charcoal to be very effective against stomach disturbances. This thread may save a lot of people some sick days. :)

Dizzy45

as ive honed my diet, ive come to realize all sickness is initially related to undigested food, microbes or their excreted substances, or prolonged exposure to cold. That's really it. Everything else that is stressful can eventually be dealt with or escaped and the stress immediately subsides, but lingering gut irritants or exposure to harsh cold can actually damage ones body mind and soul to where it can take a day or two to recover...granted you didn't have the same thing the next day, and the next, which is how it is for most westerners at this point...an everyday gut onslaught. People actually think sickness is random or because of random things in the air! LOL but no one ever considers all the bottles and chemicals and solvents used every day that say immediately contact poison control center if ingested, or things that smell or look bad or that burn if put on the skin, or that are the equivalent of roadkill (actually, factory meat is worse than roadkil). I don't think people are as dumb as they are, I think they purposely avoid looking at sensitive issues because not even for one second in their almighty minds do they want to think that their behaviors thoughts and actions are actually what is contributing to the common bad
as ive honed my diet, ive come to realize all sickness is initially related to undigested food, microbes or their excreted substances, or prolonged exposure to cold. That's really it. Everything else that is stressful can eventually be dealt with or escaped and the stress immediately subsides, but lingering gut irritants or exposure to harsh cold can actually damage ones body mind and soul to where it can take a day or two to recover...granted you didn't have the same thing the next day, and the next, which is how it is for most westerners at this point...an everyday gut onslaught. People actually think sickness is random or because of random things in the air! LOL but no one ever considers all the bottles and chemicals and solvents used every day that say immediately contact poison control center if ingested, or things that smell or look bad or that burn if put on the skin, or that are the equivalent of roadkill (actually, factory meat is worse than roadkil). I don't think people are as dumb as they are, I think they purposely avoid looking at sensitive issues because not even for one second in their almighty minds do they want to think that their behaviors thoughts and actions are actually what is contributing to the common bad

Well, today I came to the same realization as I am suffering with flu like symptoms. I’m no longer going to splurge on non Peaty foods even if the family has a celebratory dinner at an Italian restaurant and a giant bowl of pasta is calling my name. There are selections anywhere that can keep endotoxin at bay, I just need to implement more self control!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals