Permanently Fixing Hypothyroid Through Short Term T3

Bushido1

Lol I tried various T3/T4 combinations. Compounding, separate T3, T4., NDT. I use an approach where you use temperature charts, blood pressure, pulse rate to check Thyroid health together with labs. Various people have protocols giving such information.

Oh ok, I guess then I can't offer much help but to encourage you to keep experimenting and tracking temperatures.

Also perhaps you could try some of the herbs that Dr Wilson talks about in the video I posted above if you haven't already.

Wish you all the best in your future experiments!

Bushido1

I dont think you can make any progress in "few days" . Several months or possibly years is what it takes . I made small progress with 150 x 25 mcg T3 cycle, 50 mcg per day, ive just started my second round and i hopefully can get new batch of T3 about every 60 days or else i have to take a break again.

Are you following Dr Wilson's protocol?

How are you able to get slow released T3? What brand are you using?

What are the improvements on temperature/symptoms so far?

Thanks!

OP
ecstatichamster
Today I am very sluggish. And overnight I had a lot of foam in my urine.

I’m powering through.

CaliforniaKat

Today I am very sluggish. And overnight I had a lot of foam in my urine.

I’m powering through.

I did Wilson's protocol 10 or 12 years ago, but didnt know anything about Peat at the time. I could capture temp, but when trying to cycle off T3 I couldn't keep temp up. I did a couple cycles. I used cynomel from Grossman that was purchased in Mexico. I was t3 only for almost a decade until Grossman was impossible to get.

However I did not cycle the T3 up or down as quickly as his recommendation. I was a 5 day compensator, which meant my temp was stable on the same dose of t3 for 5 days before temps dropped. I would up my t3 every 5 days until temp was captured. I cycled off in 5 day increments as well.

I ended up on a daily t3 dose of 25 mcg to keep my temp, and he does say that some people will still have to take some thyroid afterward. I felt great. Slept great.

Then the shortage happened and I haven't been well since. *sigh*

Elize

Oh ok, I guess then I can't offer much help but to encourage you to keep experimenting and tracking temperatures.

Also perhaps you could try some of the herbs that Dr Wilson talks about in the video I posted above if you haven't already.

Wish you all the best in your future experiments!

I have all materials from [Tom Brimeyer] they are very well organized. All protocols have their supplements attached to it.

Thanks so much

CaliforniaKat

@CaliforniaKat Grossman cynomel is definitely in stock at farmacia del Nino, they ship to the US.

Thank you. I have some, and cynoplus as well. I've had some terrible events occur in the past few years, and wrote about some of them elsewhere on the forum. I currently take 2 grains of NDT. Though I know from temps that I am still hypo. Just much more afraid to experiment on my own now that those things have happened. Rock and a hard place. I know.

OP
ecstatichamster
I am still feeling a bit lethargic. Waking temp is 97.6 which is steady improvement. It took very little T3 to get up into the 98s.

Dr. Wilson says that if average temps (taken 3 times a day, a few hours after waking) are 98.6 for more than 3 or 4 days, the temperature is "captured." You may want to stick to that same dose for a bit, then you can wean off and your body should take over and give you that same temperature. If you aren't "capturing" then 3 weeks at that 98.6 temperature is what you do, then wean off.

Matt C

Hey guys, im about to start a cycle shortly after finding Denis Wilson's stuff. I've read a lot of Ray Peat but i think the condition Denis Wilson talks about is more applicable to me.

I have consistently normal bloods for TSH, T3 and T4 however my reverse T3 has come back elevated, as well as cortisol doing a full day saliva test. My cholesterol also came back high, ferritin and vitamin D low.

My body temp only gets as high as 36.4 c. I often wake with 36.00 and I think i've only hit 36.7 once after a did a strenuous workout.
So i fit the bill of someone with normal labs (outside of RT3) and consistently low body temp.
My skin is dry and my hair has shed like crazy the last year.

So i'm thinking of breaking up my Tiromel 25mcg and starting with 7 or 12.5mcg a day and see how that goes.

OP
ecstatichamster
welcome to the thread, @Matt C

I'm probably taking 125mcg a day at this point. I just go by HR and temperature.

I'm still feeling a bit sluggish. And my feet hurt. I think this shall pass. Each day I'm more easily reaching 98.6F (37C) and staying there longer. I seldom drop too much. I probably will go several weeks like this and then wean off and see what happens.

Wake at 97.6. Not too bad. But...

The night remains the toughest period during sleep when of course I'm not getting T3. I'm awaiting micellar casein that I will try to swallow with T3 before bedtime and see if that "sustain releases" the T3.

Dr. Peat has said that you can take a much bigger dose of T3 if you take it with a meal.

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
Why would your feet hurt? Mine too from time to time.

I don’t know. But I think that body aches are frequently a side effect of thyroid treatment where you may go too much too fast.

I started another thread about it a few weeks ago. Best as I could find out, Dr. Peat said this is common with the too-fast adjustment in dose.

OP
ecstatichamster
Great thanks do we then lower the dose we are on?

I’m following what I interpret out of Dr. Wilson’s protocol. So I intend to see this through and then wean off T3 completely in a few weeks. I’ll stick with it meanwhile. It’s not that big a deal. I’m taking 300mg of pregnenolone a day to see if that helps.

Elize

Ok great. I may start Prednisone as my doctor suspect I have Hashimoto Encephalopathy.

sweetpeat

Interesting about the foot pain. Mine seems to have resolved by taking adequate t4. I haven't had foot pain in at least a year, probably longer. I'm curious to see how it plays out for you with this treatment.

Matt C

welcome to the thread, @Matt C

I'm probably taking 125mcg a day at this point. I just go by HR and temperature.

I'm still feeling a bit sluggish. And my feet hurt. I think this shall pass. Each day I'm more easily reaching 98.6F (37C) and staying there longer. I seldom drop too much. I probably will go several weeks like this and then wean off and see what happens.

Wake at 97.6. Not too bad. But...

The night remains the toughest period during sleep when of course I'm not getting T3. I'm awaiting micellar casein that I will try to swallow with T3 before bedtime and see if that "sustain releases" the T3.

Dr. Peat has said that you can take a much bigger dose of T3 if you take it with a meal.

Hope it goes well Hamster.
I'm hoping I wont need that much T3, I only have a pack of 100 Tiromel and I took my first quarter (roughly 6.25 mcg) this morning with a piece of banana bread. Trust me to leave my thermometer at home for the first time on the day that I start haha.

Matt C

- Wilson's Temperature Syndrome - A Reversible Low Temperature Problem - Wilson's Syndrome
- Doctor's Manual for Wilson's Temperature Syndrome - Wilson's Syndrome

- A Simple Introduction To Hypothyroidism

"Wilson’s Temperature Syndrome Reset is something that has killed people and I just can’t be more direct or straightforward about that. It’s just true. There are documented deaths."​

I've tried searching for these records but couldn't find them. Has anyone read that this therapy has killed people outside of Dr Christianson?

Vinny

I've tried searching for these records but couldn't find them. Has anyone read that this therapy has killed people outside of Dr Christianson?
I kinda suspect those records do not exist, but if I`m wrong, I`d like to have a look at them too!

OP
ecstatichamster
this therapy killed one person with pre existing heart problem who took a huge dose (IIRC 400mcg)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals