Permanently Fixing Hypothyroid Through Short Term T3

Elize

Curious on your thoughts.

TSH: 3.2
FT4: 1.00
FT3: 4.4

So I have low ft4, high TSH and high FT3.

Do you think t3 is a bad idea for my bloods? Or would a t3/t4 mix be better? Thanks.

Gosh your T3 is good. I would not add T3. TSH is not that important.

Bushido1

I have Hashimoto and used T3 only method to clear reverse T3 had muscle loss then went so hyper bad tingling in my feet and legs, shakiness, muscle weakness and lost loads of weight. It was awful and still trying to recover from it. On Tirosint-Sol my TSH is now 2.3. I don't worry about the labs I just want to feel energetic and not soooo tired. Even when my TSH was 1 felt no better.

I am not thyroid expert but the reason why your TSH might have went up so high while doing T3 only method is because you stopped taking T4 while your body is not producing enough of it (definition of Hashimoto's disease). I understand that people with Hashimoto's or who got their thyroid removed should be very careful with stopping T4 supplementation.

TSH comes down when you have enough supply of T4, that is why your TSH come down when you started taking Tirosint-Sol (which is a T4 only supplement).

The reason why you don't felt well with TSH 1.0 is because the TSH level and symptoms/health are not correlated. What really matters is body temperature.

If your TSH is 1.0 but you body temperature is 35.5C you are going to feel like ***t. But if your TSH is 1.0 and your body temperature is 37C all day long you are going to feel amazing and in good health. That is why you need to focus on improving body temperature if you want to improve your symptoms and health.

Bushido1

Do you think t3 is a bad idea for my bloods? Or would a t3/t4 mix be better? Thanks.

I would be curious to know what your total cholesterol and Reverse T3 levels are.

Also, what is your morning and afternoon body temperature? I believe this is more important than any blood test you can take.

brix

I would be curious to know what your total cholesterol and Reverse T3 levels are.

Also, what is your morning and afternoon body temperature? I believe this is more important than any blood test you can take.

Marked high cholesterol. No test for rt3.
My temps are usually low all day. Low 97s and if I take thyroid can get up to 98.3 max.

Morning pulse is 60.

Lately I just feel so hot and sweat easily. This combo makes me very irritable.

Bushido1

@brix

I guess it depends on what treatment someone believes gets better results.

Ray Peat would probably recommend you a T3/T4 treatment.

Dr Wilson will recommend you a T3 only treatment.

Just avoid T4 only treatment, since most people I know that are on it seem to get terrible results with it.

So it is up to you on that, but you will likely benefit from either of them in the short-term. Just not sure which one would bring you the best long-term results.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and you shouldn't follow my advice for this things.

OP
ecstatichamster

Dr. Wilson doesn't think much of blood tests for thyroid. Neither does Dr. Peat.

What are your temperatures?

How do you feel?

You seem to be hypothyroid based upon the TSH but medical standard of care would say you're fine.

Elize

I am not thyroid expert but the reason why your TSH might have went up so high while doing T3 only method is because you stopped taking T4 while your body is not producing enough of it (definition of Hashimoto's disease). I understand that people with Hashimoto's or who got their thyroid removed should be very careful with stopping T4 supplementation.

TSH comes down when you have enough supply of T4, that is why your TSH come down when you started taking Tirosint-Sol (which is a T4 only supplement

Thanks so much.

T3 lower my temperature. I lowered my T4 and my temperature went to 36.9. I also took the dose at 5 am instead of 6am

OP
ecstatichamster
My temperatures are good now, but I feel wiped out. I suppose it’s the lower stress hormones.

I probably underestimate how I have been running on stress hormones. Anyone who is hypothyroid does.

I took 300mg of pregnenolone and some holy basil, and thiamine. I’ll continue that regimen for a few days.

Elize

My temperatures are good now, but I feel wiped out. I suppose it’s the lower stress hormones.

I probably underestimate how I have been running on stress hormones. Anyone who is hypothyroid does.

I took 300mg of pregnenolone and some holy basil, and thiamine. I’ll continue that regimen for a few days.

I am thinking of doing a course of Prednisone for 7 days. I also feel tired and think maybe it is inflammation.

Bushido1

I am thinking of doing a course of Prednisone for 7 days. I also feel tired and think maybe it is inflammation.

In this video min32 Dr Wilson talks about how anti-inflammatory herbs are helpful for the thyroid and that low thyroid is very correlated with inflammation or autoimmunity.

I highly recommend watching the whole video.

OP
ecstatichamster

In this video min32 Dr Wilson talks about how anti-inflammatory herbs are helpful for the thyroid and that low thyroid is very correlated with inflammation or autoimmunity.

I highly recommend watching the whole video.

I am now. Thank you for this!

Bushido1

T3 lower my temperature. I lowered my T4 and my temperature went to 36.9. I also took the dose at 5 am instead of 6am

I don't know what you mean.

Do you mean that while following the Wilson protocol your temperature lowered?

And then you raised with T4?

I am curious to know which one of the things you tried helped you to raise body temperature in general since I think this is the only important marker to check.

Elize

Any form of T3 lowers my temperature. T4 only keep my temperature up. I have Hashimoto T3 does nothing for me

Bushido1

Any form of T3 lowers my temperature. T4 only keep my temperature up. I have Hashimoto T3 does nothing for me

Thanks for the reply.

If you have a problem of supply (not generating enough T4) then it makes sense for T4 supplementation to raise your temperature.

I am not so sure why T3 would lower your temperature if you kept taking T4. T3 is the active form converted from T4 (inactive) so it should also raise your temperature supposedly. Anyone can enlighten me on this?

Also have you tried something like Cynoplus? It is a mix of 4:1 ratio of T4/T3 that is recommended by Ray Peat for people with Hashimoto's disease. Perhaps taking a mix of T4/T3 with mostly T4 could do you better than T4 alone.

Elize

I found when on too much T4 also reduces my temperature. I lowered from 75 mcg to 70 and within 4 days my temperature went up.

Elize

Lol I tried various T3/T4 combinations. Compounding, separate T3, T4., NDT. I use an approach where you use temperature charts, blood pressure, pulse rate to check Thyroid health together with labs. Various people have protocols giving such information.

Bushido1

I found when on too much T4 also reduces my temperature. I lowered from 75 mcg to 70 and within 4 days my temperature went up.

That makes perfect sense. If your temperature goes up by lowering your T4 that means that you had too much supply of T4 and not enough conversion to T3. The more T4 that you get stored the more that is going to inhibit it's conversion to T3 creating a vicious negative cycle of low conversion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals