"Only take pharmaceutical meds for a short amount of time"

A

Anonymous

I see a lot of medications mentioned that can be helpful for moving things in the right direction or correcting a particular issue. But from what I understand, these medications should not be taken for an extended period of time. Even something as safe as Cyproheptadine should not be taken for an extended amount of time? Why is this? Can these medications eventually start increasing serotonin?

haidut

Forum Supporter
JRMoney15 said:
I see a lot of medications mentioned that can be helpful for moving things in the right direction or correcting a particular issue. But from what I understand, these medications should not be taken for an extended period of time. Even something as safe as Cyproheptadine should not be taken for an extended amount of time? Why is this? Can these medications eventually start increasing serotonin?

Peat has said that any of the antiserotonin drugs will eventually cause side effects. The studies I have seen seem to back this claim, with even cyproheptadine causing elevated liver enzymes in some people after prolonged use. I am not aware of cyproheptadine ever raising serotonin though.

haidut

Forum Supporter
InterrogaOmnia said:
What about long term use of moderate to high dose aspirin?

Also shown to raise liver enzymes in some people. However, elevated liver enzymes are not always indicative of liver damage. I think Hoffer said that as long they stay below 2 times the upper limit then it is indication of a well working liver. After all, the AST and ALT enzymes are needed to process NADH back to NAD. So, I guess having those enzymes elevated is more of an indication of being in a reduced state, which is also not good but certainly not a proof of liver damage as most doctors treat those lab values.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals