Need Help Resolving Acute Neuritis In Hand

Peopleface

I have had a previous wrist injury for more than 15 years that never healed correctly. Moving forward I will likely be seeking treatment for that as it tends to cause some issues for me.

One problem that seems to arise from time to time is what I would perceive as some pressure or inflammation being placed upon the median nerve. Causing some issues with sensitivity in the thumb and first 2 or 3 fingers. Very typical of what one might experience from carpal tunnel syndrome.

At the moment I seem to be having quite the episode of neuritis, which may have been brought on by a possible gout attack. But prior I was taking large doses of Magnesium bicarbonate. Which may have had a hand in all this but unsure. I was taking B6 with the magnesium, but not every night that I took the magnesium water. I am fairly certain the gout was brought on by beer consumption that I was using as a way to mitigate the nerve pain. Poor decision yes! I will abstain from any alcohol consumption for the time being.

The pain is unreal! Stiffness, burning, weakness, you name it. Feels like my hand has been mangled in a machine!

The crazy thing is that this can all just go away, as quickly as it appears. And relief can literally be instant. Although I am not experiencing that at the moment as this seems to be lingering on a bit for me.

My question is what can I possibly supplement with or eat to help speed up the recovery from this? I have had short bouts of this in the past that usually resolved within days, this is going on much longer.

I have tried P5P B6, but actually felt that it might have made things worse so I have stopped for the time being as well as the magnesium, which for some reason in the past has seemed to agitate this issue?

I'm currently taking meloxicam, which has made a huge difference for the perceived gout, but it's only mildly helping to calm the nerves.

I'm somewhat dabbling with Jiaogulan, and just started taking about 2-3 grams of Nigella Sativa powder. Which may be having a positive effect in the past couple days I have taken it. The Nigella powder seems to work really well when taken on an empty stomach.

Anyways, I'm aware the above stated may not be very "peaty", but I can't deny that they do seem to be having somewhat of a positive effect in the last couple days I have been taking them. Way more so than the B6 which seems to be a mixed bag as some stating deficiency causes issues as well as a surplus.

I'm aware that GABA helps, but I really don't want to take Gabapentin or any drugs upregulating GABA for extended periods of time.

Is there anything else that someone can recommend? I would like to target specific foods, fruits, vegetables etc. as well as possible supplements.

Thanks!

gaze

things that may help are aspirin, coffee, milk, bone broth, gelatinous animal parts, or collagen/gelatin powders

Peopleface

things that may help are aspirin, coffee, milk, bone broth, gelatinous animal parts, or collagen/gelatin powders

Thanks yes! I was taking nearly a gram of aspirin a day but wasn't getting much results in terms of pain management. But gelatin is something I love and will be trying to consume more of.

I am also looking into getting a small red light device.

Soren

Thanks yes! I was taking nearly a gram of aspirin a day but wasn't getting much results in terms of pain management. But gelatin is something I love and will be trying to consume more of.

I am also looking into getting a small red light device.

I would highly recommend red light.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Serious food poisoning for a week. Need Help. Ask For Help or Advice 3
A Need Help - Blood Labs (High TSH, Low T4/T3, Low DHEA) Ask For Help or Advice 0
E Help with Devastating Iatrogenic condition - i need your knowledge Ask For Help or Advice 7
Cloudhands Need help interpreting blood panel Ask For Help or Advice 17
youngsinatra Overmethylation - A Day Of Horror - Need Help! Ask For Help or Advice 12
B Borderline Hypothyroid, Histamine Intolerance? Leaky Gut? Hydrogen Sulfide SIBO?? Need Help Digestion, Gut Flora 50
Philomath Need help debunking or confirming- Study claims reduction in cognitive performance due to wearing masks, and their increase in CO2. Scientific Studies 27
Bandooli In need of help - am I hypothyroid? Ask For Help or Advice 0
J Need help - huge stress response, worried what to do Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 27
M New here - Might need a little help Meet & Greet 9
Razvan I need help pls help me guys Ask For Help or Advice 5
T Need help for friend who was floxxed by cipro an antibiotic Ask For Help or Advice 9
S Libido - ED - Need some help pls [DHT / Minox? ] Male Issues 112
I All My Issues - Need Help Ask For Help or Advice 22
Raven Need Your Help! T3/T4? Desiccated Thyroid? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 15
T Twitching Out! Got It On Video Need Help Male Issues 38
IVILA Feeling Really Lazy, Low Libido, And Tired Lately. Need Help Male Issues 5
username I Need Help Understanding My TSH And Complete Iron Panel Blood Work, Labs 7
O My Thyroid Blood Labs - Need Help Interpreting Them Blood Work, Labs 5
J Need Help With Physical Issues Ask For Help or Advice 1
D My Brain Is In Trouble And I Need Help Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 24
J Need Help With Sexual Function Ask For Help or Advice 15
S Need Some Help Deciphering This Health 0
D PFS - Need Help With Direction Ask For Help or Advice 14
J Just Had Some Extensive Blood Test Results Come In, Need Help Blood Work, Labs 6
T Seizure Like Symptoms? Need Help Male Issues 13
Ms.Orchid Need Some Help Figuring Out Iron Labs Blood Work, Labs 1
GreenTrails I Need Some Help Concerning Diagnosis Of Breast Cancer Ask For Help or Advice 59
R Lost And Need HELP! 24 Y/o Dry, Thinning, Grey Hair. Help Please, Do I Need A Hormone And Mineral Hair & Nails 17
J Need Help/guidance With Severe Hormone Imbalance Female Issues 14
Mara77 Need Help With Thyroid Resistance Metabolism 18
R 5 Years Of Fasting Daily And 3 Years Of Low Carb - I Need Help On Metabolism Ask For Help or Advice 4
I Need Help With Thyroid Results And T4 Supplementation Synthetic Thyroid 34
U I Really Need Your Help Metabolism 2
G Thyroid To Canada Without Prescription? Also, I Just Need Help Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
N New To Peating, Need Help Making A Plan To Follow (blood Work Included) Ask For Help or Advice 9
U Need Help With PE ! (neurotransmitters Analysis) Sexuality 23
T Vitamin B1 Screwed Over My Benzo Taper Need Help Ask For Help or Advice 60
O Feel Miserable After Taking T3 For Some Time, Really Need Help! Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 36
U I Need Help To Grow Back My Receding Hairline. [20yo MALE] Hair & Nails 203
Amber Low/Normal BMI, Diagnosed With Liver Fibrosis. Need Help Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 13
R Need Help For Arthritis / Arthrosis In Dog Animals 7
N Need Help! 3 Years Old - Trombocytopenia Ask For Help or Advice 10
K Issues After Working Out, And Body Problems, Need Help Ask For Help or Advice 7
A I Don't Want To Be Obese, Need Help Ask For Help or Advice 35
J I'm Just Losing Faith And Need Some Help Ask For Help or Advice 104
Julian NEED SOME HELP: Muscle And Tendon Aches Since Peating Diet 4
Lenny Need Help Taking DHEA/PREG And Searching This Forum! Ask For Help or Advice 16
boris Need Help For A Kid Getting Chemotherapy For Burkitt's Lymphoma / Cancer Ask For Help or Advice 23
I Need Help: Irritable And Grouchy Ask For Help or Advice 18