Need Help Resolving Acute Neuritis In Hand

Sumbody

I have had a previous wrist injury for more than 15 years that never healed correctly. Moving forward I will likely be seeking treatment for that as it tends to cause some issues for me.

One problem that seems to arise from time to time is what I would perceive as some pressure or inflammation being placed upon the median nerve. Causing some issues with sensitivity in the thumb and first 2 or 3 fingers. Very typical of what one might experience from carpal tunnel syndrome.

At the moment I seem to be having quite the episode of neuritis, which may have been brought on by a possible gout attack. But prior I was taking large doses of Magnesium bicarbonate. Which may have had a hand in all this but unsure. I was taking B6 with the magnesium, but not every night that I took the magnesium water. I am fairly certain the gout was brought on by beer consumption that I was using as a way to mitigate the nerve pain. Poor decision yes! I will abstain from any alcohol consumption for the time being.

The pain is unreal! Stiffness, burning, weakness, you name it. Feels like my hand has been mangled in a machine!

The crazy thing is that this can all just go away, as quickly as it appears. And relief can literally be instant. Although I am not experiencing that at the moment as this seems to be lingering on a bit for me.

My question is what can I possibly supplement with or eat to help speed up the recovery from this? I have had short bouts of this in the past that usually resolved within days, this is going on much longer.

I have tried P5P B6, but actually felt that it might have made things worse so I have stopped for the time being as well as the magnesium, which for some reason in the past has seemed to agitate this issue?

I'm currently taking meloxicam, which has made a huge difference for the perceived gout, but it's only mildly helping to calm the nerves.

I'm somewhat dabbling with Jiaogulan, and just started taking about 2-3 grams of Nigella Sativa powder. Which may be having a positive effect in the past couple days I have taken it. The Nigella powder seems to work really well when taken on an empty stomach.

Anyways, I'm aware the above stated may not be very "peaty", but I can't deny that they do seem to be having somewhat of a positive effect in the last couple days I have been taking them. Way more so than the B6 which seems to be a mixed bag as some stating deficiency causes issues as well as a surplus.

I'm aware that GABA helps, but I really don't want to take Gabapentin or any drugs upregulating GABA for extended periods of time.

Is there anything else that someone can recommend? I would like to target specific foods, fruits, vegetables etc. as well as possible supplements.

Thanks!

gaze

things that may help are aspirin, coffee, milk, bone broth, gelatinous animal parts, or collagen/gelatin powders

OP
S

Sumbody

things that may help are aspirin, coffee, milk, bone broth, gelatinous animal parts, or collagen/gelatin powders

Thanks yes! I was taking nearly a gram of aspirin a day but wasn't getting much results in terms of pain management. But gelatin is something I love and will be trying to consume more of.

I am also looking into getting a small red light device.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Thanks yes! I was taking nearly a gram of aspirin a day but wasn't getting much results in terms of pain management. But gelatin is something I love and will be trying to consume more of.

I am also looking into getting a small red light device.

I would highly recommend red light.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals