Nicotine made me age ten years in three weeks

worrywart

Hyperbole, of course, but nicotine is no joke.

I'm 38. When I was 30 everyone thought I was 20. People were surprised to find out my real age.

The last years have been pretty stressful. Recently the guy who last cut my hair guessed my age correctly. And now my country has banned tianeptine, and I ended up getting some nicotine juice for my vape. 03 mg/ml, lowest dose. Yes, of course: it gets addictive really fast. Two weeks later I'd feel off if I hadn't vaped in a few hours. A few days ago I was running out of juice, so I ended up getting a pack of Marlboro lights.

When I vape or smoke I sometimes feel the skin around my eyes get all prickly. Today I looked at my face in the mirror and oh man. I finally look middle-aged. Cool stuff.

Peat did say nicotine can improve cognition (it kind of does) but that it's also vasoconstrictive and will age your skin (it certainly does). I wonder if this is permanent or if my skin will improve a bit if I manage to quit vaping in the next weeks.

So yeah, just a word of caution.

tasfarelel

I'm sorry for you making this experience. But no, don't mislead yourself that it was the vaping of low dose nicotine - it is 100% impossible that this is the reason for a sudden change in 3 weeks.

I would speculate you went in these 3 weeks and the time leading to these 3 weeks under immense stress - and once you get back to your normal state, you will have a chance look again as you used to (if the damage was not too deep).

The following is just an anecdote, I have +20 years of high dose nicotine usage, still using, and my skin has no age-related wrinkles.

Jam

I've been taking nicotine in one form or another daily for 30 or more years, and to this day I am still told that I look 10 years younger. Smoking did do a number to my teeth though, so I obviously do not recommend that route of administration.

PopSocket

Its not the nicotine. And for this to occur in 3 weeks makes it even more improbable. There is another issue there. Bear in mind people age in bursts and maybe this is what is happening to you or some other underlying issue. If you stop and the damage reverses then it might be something in the juice you bought. And btw if something makes you feel bad/age etc one should stop it immediately. Been vaping/smoking since 15yo and I have no single wrinkle on the face @ almost 36.

EustaceBagge

Hyperbole, of course, but nicotine is no joke.

I'm 38. When I was 30 everyone thought I was 20. People were surprised to find out my real age.

The last years have been pretty stressful. Recently the guy who last cut my hair guessed my age correctly. And now my country has banned tianeptine, and I ended up getting some nicotine juice for my vape. 03 mg/ml, lowest dose. Yes, of course: it gets addictive really fast. Two weeks later I'd feel off if I hadn't vaped in a few hours. A few days ago I was running out of juice, so I ended up getting a pack of Marlboro lights.

When I vape or smoke I sometimes feel the skin around my eyes get all prickly. Today I looked at my face in the mirror and oh man. I finally look middle-aged. Cool stuff.

Peat did say nicotine can improve cognition (it kind of does) but that it's also vasoconstrictive and will age your skin (it certainly does). I wonder if this is permanent or if my skin will improve a bit if I manage to quit vaping in the next weeks.

So yeah, just a word of caution.
Nicotine is a stimulant, so maybe you got adrenal fatigue? That usually shows up as "aging" or "dark" skin under eyes. I find that stimulants just let you borrow energy from the future, and that if your metabolism is bad it is never a good deal. Same with coffee, I just can't handle it when I'm at my lowest, but when I'm less stressed and warmer it suddenly works well.

Nowadays I just avoid all stimulants, never worth it. Why would you try to speed up life?

gaze

or it could be the vegetable glycerin and/or propylene glycol in vapes, alongside the artificial flavors. the chemicals in marlboros are even worse. the only decently safe method of nicotine would probably be the toothpicks, which only have vegetable glycerin alongside it but at least its not being inhaled which can have unpredictable effects cause the lungs are the primary remover of serotonin.

OP
W

worrywart

I'm very autistic and slighty insane, as my posting history under different aliases makes clear.

That said, I have fast pharmacokinesis (which Peat said is not ideal). The first time I took an SSRI I distinctly felt the effects after ten minutes. The first time I took finasteride my d**k looked weird less than half an hour later. If I eat mainstream brand chicken nuggets my face will look red and greasy when I look in the mirror. If I try getting some sunlight right after eating them my skin will get achy and crusty and I'll get some of those ugly permanent PUFA moles.

I pay close attention to my skin. I have new small wrinkles around my eyes. Brand new. Weren't there before. I hope it's just dehydration.

Norm Macdonald was right, cigarettes suck, they don't even get you high. I'm just feeling more anxious than ever and I'm stinking.

I'll try vaping CBD until the cravings go away. I've been doing that at night and it seems to work.

HeyThere

I'm very autistic and slighty insane, as my posting history under different aliases makes clear.

That said, I have fast pharmacokinesis (which Peat said is not ideal). The first time I took an SSRI I distinctly felt the effects after ten minutes. The first time I took finasteride my d**k looked weird less than half an hour later. If I eat mainstream brand chicken nuggets my face will look red and greasy when I look in the mirror. If I try getting some sunlight right after eating them my skin will get achy and crusty and I'll get some of those ugly permanent PUFA moles.

I pay close attention to my skin. I have new small wrinkles around my eyes. Brand new. Weren't there before. I hope it's just dehydration.

Norm Macdonald was right, cigarettes suck, they don't even get you high. I'm just feeling more anxious than ever and I'm stinking.

I'll try vaping CBD until the cravings go away. I've been doing that at night and it seems to work.

CBD doesn't have nicotine. But enjoy the relaxation, for sure! :cool:

-Luke-

I had a pretty strange experience with nicotine recently. A few months ago I wanted to experiment a bit with it because I had read some good testimonials about low-dose nicotine here. So I bought one of these sprays with 1mg nicotine per pump in the pharmacy (was pretty expensive, but I told the pharmacist a story about my cigarette addiction [never smoked in my life] and she gave me a discount out of pity). Tried single 1mg doses (not every day) and at first it had a slight(!) anti-stress effect, but nothing to brag about.

Anyway, the weekend before last I felt pretty bad on saturday and had the thought of experimenting with a higher dose to see whether it would have a positive effect. I took 4 or 5 pumps, so 4 or 5 milligrams. Within just a minute or so I felt pretty dizzy, had to sit down because I thought I would collapse. For a few minutes I couldn't think clearly and had serious brain fog. The feelings subsided after only about 5 minutes, but I felt stressed afterwards. Since I have never smoked, I'm not used to higher doses.

I concluded that nicotine is simply not for me and threw the rest away. Like @EustaceBagge I just don't do well on stimulants.

Jam

I had a pretty strange experience with nicotine recently. A few months ago I wanted to experiment a bit with it because I had read some good testimonials about low-dose nicotine here. So I bought one of these sprays with 1mg nicotine per pump in the pharmacy (was pretty expensive, but I told the pharmacist a story about my cigarette addiction [never smoked in my life] and she gave me a discount out of pity). Tried single 1mg doses (not every day) and at first it had a slight(!) anti-stress effect, but nothing to brag about.

Anyway, the weekend before last I felt pretty bad on saturday and had the thought of experimenting with a higher dose to see whether it would have a positive effect. I took 4 or 5 pumps, so 4 or 5 milligrams. Within just a minute or so I felt pretty dizzy, had to sit down because I thought I would collapse. For a few minutes I couldn't think clearly and had serious brain fog. The feelings subsided after only about 5 minutes, but I felt stressed afterwards. Since I have never smoked, I'm not used to higher doses.

I concluded that nicotine is simply not for me and threw the rest away. Like @EustaceBagge I just don't do well on stimulants.
Nicotine overdose, your tolerance is too low for such a high dose.

-Luke-

Nicotine overdose, your tolerance is too low for such a high dose.
Yeah, I thought it wouldn't be that bad because you get the same amount of nicotine with what, 2 cigarettes? But you don't inhale two cigarettes at once within a second either, so it was a dumb idea and overreaction to a bad state.

Risingfire

I will occasionally consume zin from time to time. Adding a course of pregnenolone will correct it

HeyThere

Yeah, I thought it wouldn't be that bad because you get the same amount of nicotine with what, 2 cigarettes? But you don't inhale two cigarettes at once within a second either, so it was a dumb idea and overreaction to a bad state.

Just go to 711 and buy those $1.39-whatever Black & Mild pipe tobacco mini cigars. I puff on about 1/2 an inch - 1" of one, more if needed, and it can really lift my brain right out of fog. Some days it works so-so. Play it by ear. I snip off the end when I'm done, save it in a plastic tube for next time.

Also, be sure you are properly hydrated. I started taking one of those powders in a stick 2x a day and it has def helped me for a little while anyways. Should help in the long run regardless as it has vitamins in it that we all desperately need.

Jam

Zyn* which is a nicotine pouch. When I have 2-3 a day for a week or two, wrinkles on my forehead seem to be more pronounced. I'll take preg for a few days and they seem to diminish
Interesting. I take 10 or so of an equivalent snus product per day and have been for years, without preg, and at 51 have little or no wrinkles to write home about. Interesting how nicotine can affect people so differently.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals