Initiating The Hello!

Nestito

New member here. Been lurking these forums for like half a year now after stumbling upon Peat's work through Danny Roddy. I am of the age 26, and definitely feel that I am hypothyroid. My mother is and so is my father, so it makes sense. I can see hypothyroidism everywhere now, as I keep uncovering that more and more people around me are taking synthroid.

Anyways, I do have a couple questions. I can't afford lab tests, so gaining a better picture of where I'm at is impossible at the moment. My diet these past few months have consisted of Kalona's Supernatural Whole Milk, Whole Foods 365 Organic Orange Juice, Crown Royal Canned Oysters, Coconut Oil, Raw Carrots, Eggs, Organic Cane Sugar, Cheese of various kinds, Coffee, Sea Salt, Great Lakes Collagen Hydrolysate. I haven't had much Liver yet. I do have a source for grass-fed stuff though (luckily) and have some currently, just haven't gotten around to using it yet.

I haven't used chronometer at all. Kind of just winging it. I've been eating Peaty pretty consistently for the most part, with a couple relapses into heavy pufa foods, here and there. My tolerance to dairy has improved immensely since beginning but I still experience some annoying gas from it.

I've also been supplementing with Life Extension K2, Swanson Eggshell Calcium, Viva Labs Vitamin D, Nutrisorb A (although I recently stopped since that whole smokers shouldn't supplement with vitamin a scare thing), Niacinamide, AC Grace Unique E, and recently added in some Aspirin and straight Caffeine into the mix.

My temps and pulse respond well when I eat a nice large mea withal well-boiled potatoes, gelatin, eggs, coconut oil, salt, and cheese, but other than that one meal in the day, they kind of falter.

My questions are the following. It seems I respond well to potatoes, since I can't really afford a high amount of high quality fruit outside of organic orange juice, is it okay for me to eat more potatoes throughout the day to see if the temps remain consistent?

I also just acquired some TyroMix for my rat. He took one drop today, and didn't notice much of an effect. I understand how to monitor his pulse and temps in regards to taking t3/t4, but without lab tests is it dangerous to proceed or will taking a drop or two throughout the day be of any benefit if no substantial increase in temps or heart rate are noticed?

Last thing, I have been a tobacco smoker for approximately 8 years. I now realize that this has been helping my hypo state. I recently switched to vaping instead of smoking, to eliminate smoke toxicity but still retain nicotine's stimulating effects. It's about to be winter here and it gets really cold and dark, I feel as though it would be an unfavorable time to let go of nicotine and enter an even worse hypo state. Do these thoughts make sense or should I just let it go and fall into a hypo state and resolve it from there?

am I doing anything dangerous or anything I should be aware about that I'm currently not?

Thanks ya'll. Glad to be around these parts.

Nestito.

paymanz

I thought that is beta carotene in high dose which is very bad for smokers , and not retinol.