Never Broken- sugarbabe's log

gaze

Yeah I'd like to see how thyroid is doing, vitamin D is likely good as I get a lot of UV, last it was checked was perfect but that was summer 2015 when I really was going thru a lot of panic. I don't have panic anymore unless like I said I wake up from not breathing. Coffee was my main cause of panic, but I also used gobs and gobs of sugar so might have been lactic acid.
have you checked iron and ferratin levels before? how much calcium do you get in a day a rough average ?

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

have you checked iron and ferratin levels before? how much calcium do you get in a day a rough average ?
Not ferritin ever, but I check blood levels of iron every yr and its normally around 100. I honestly haven't been getting enough calcium, have been trying to eat more cheese lately due to that.

Kram

I share your frustration with your mom feeding you nothing but crap growing up. It drives me insane every day what my parents did health wise.

Are you familiar with Nano Soma (it's a nano version of policosanol which is found in raw sugar cane and some other foods)? It's great for the immune system and clearing up mysterious health issues, including eczema/psoriasis. May be worth looking into.

You can order it from here:

Testimonials:

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I share your frustration with your mom feeding you nothing but crap growing up. It drives me insane every day what my parents did health wise.

Are you familiar with Nano Soma (it's a nano version of policosanol which is found in raw sugar cane and some other foods)? It's great for the immune system and clearing up mysterious health issues, including eczema/psoriasis. May be worth looking into.

You can order it from here:

Testimonials:
No I had not heard of it but thanks for letting me know!

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Had a better couple days but I took thiamine again and woke up feeling weak and with the same head cold like symptoms, sinus pain and headache. I was reading through the energin thread because I want to get a good b complex and someone said thiamine caused sinus and eye pain! I was like no wonder it feels like my cold symptoms are back. Why would a b vitamin cause that? allergic reaction?

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I decided I've had some kind of sinusitis and did the onion steaming, and crushed garlic, felt way better the next day, so to make sure it was going away I also took serrapeptase and had one of the best days yet, got some work done outside, did some cleaning. Felt a bit wired by the end of the day but sinus symptoms were mostly gone. Next morning I woke up with the inflammation again and very fatigued. Took the serrapeptase again yesterday but didn't have the same awesome day. Today, I feel sore all over and some gas pains. Will not be taking anything other than maybe crushed garlic today. Sinuses do feel a lot better, but not back to awesome yet. Crazy to think someone might be diagnosed with a sinus infection and given antibiotics for this. I really think antibiotics caused my gut to be so imbalanced as a kid.

The weather has been unusually chilly at night for the South. I think my vitamin D is not where it was in the past 2 yrs as I didn't do my usual sunbathing this summer. Will definitely try to start doing that again. We get some UVB even in the winter here. I get S.A.D. every yr when it gets chilly, but I think getting out in the sun whenever I can really helps.

Sam321

Thought I'd jot down things I'm doing and how it's turning out. I feel like my health kinda took a nose dive over the last few months from intense parenting stress, but due to some things I'm trying out I think I'm on the mend. Everyone loves symptom lists so aside from a head cold I have at the moment here are some things I've been dealing with:
-chronic butt crack eczema/psoriasis for 4 yrs, skin has lost it's color it's been peeling for so long
-fatigue
-low blood pressure
-can't eat whole grains, nuts, or beans without major IBS cramping
-waking up in the middle of the night in a panic or from nightmares- I use mouthtape at night for yrs which helped
-tooth decay which is managed with lugol's iodine in waterpik and SDF occasionally
-intrusive negative thinking
-occasional anxiety

There were more but I have been testing out 70 mg of thiamine HCL for the last couple of weeks and it seems to be working. I'm hoping it makes my digestion stronger, more functional, and cures my nighttime wakings from poor breathing. Lots of videos on youtube saying sleep apnea is a vitamin B1 deficiency and I have had a high sugar diet now for many many yrs, in fact before I ever got into health and nutrition I loved sugar and my Mom let me have soda as much I liked growing up, I was diagnosed malnourished as a kid (yeah candy soda and pop tarts is a great start to the day mom!) and put on growth hormone shots for 4 yrs to get to 5'1, I am now just about 5'2 which I think happened when I got into WAPF type stuff 11 yrs ago.

I could go on and on about my health history as it's pretty extensive, but I don't want to bore anyone. To sum up I crashed my health breastfeeding two kids, the younger wanted to nurse 24/7 and so I was sleep deprived for yrs, while taking thyroid hormones without any testing and using coffee in the morning to wake up. I had severe panic attacks that made me think I was dying and life altering fatigue. I think I was severely deficient in vitamins and minerals across the board, but because of my anxiety I refused to take very much stuff for fear of a reaction and maybe it was a good idea I didn't use a lot of B vitamins as I think my health was so bad I would have had refeeding syndrome type reactions. I mainly just tried eating as much as I could and resting A LOT. I missed out on a lot of fun stuff with my kids because of my health.

I moved to the south a couple yrs ago and it's been amazing, I enjoyed zero colds up until this one which I think was triggered by the thiamine and using hydrogen peroxide in my mouth which has a lot of bacteria from the decay. I refuse to believe I 'caught' it from someone else. I believe colds and flu are our immune system cleaning out, most likely a reaction to endotoxin. Covid kinda made me a little paranoid with this cold, but I've come back to my senses and today I boiled an onion and breathed in the steam from that and took a drop of Lugol's iodine, and did the neti pot with a drop of methylene blue. That's been my go to for sinus infections. I think we really should go back to basics and learn from our ancestors! Folk remedies! Even if this turned out to be a bad virus I wouldn't use any of the drugs like ivermectin or HCQ. I am considering getting a nebulizer to easily inhale hydrogen peroxide or Lugol's. The only drugs I ever consider are cyproheptadine or aspirin. I was given many rounds of antibiotics as a kid and I think they are what caused my IBS reaction to whole grains.

I generally feel best middle of my cycle when all those youth hormones are peaking and the worst at the end (even when I was using progest-e). But when stress is low I generally have a pretty good cycle. 28-29 days long. Haven't used any hormones in yrs.
Thats the name of Jewel's book.
"Never Broken"

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Thats the name of Jewel's book.
"Never Broken"
Yes! I watched her on the Joe Rogan podcast and got into her music again. She's an amazing woman.

Sam321

Yes! I watched her on the Joe Rogan podcast and got into her music again. She's an amazing woman.
Dude... me too!
I hated her music and wrote her off. Fast forward a couple decades and shes p much the coolest lady.

ursidae

For the buttcrack issue, a recent thread here about bidets being more civilised reminded me about the dioxins and other problematic things I’ve read about being in toilet paper. Maybe that’s contributing?

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

For the buttcrack issue, a recent thread here about bidets being more civilised reminded me about the dioxins and other problematic things I’ve read about being in toilet paper. Maybe that’s contributing?
It definitely doesn't help, but I also use it to wipe the other end and nothing bad has happened in that skin.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Have you ever had a sleep study (OPSG)?

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Have you ever had a sleep study (OPSG)?
No, but my husband started using a CPAP over a yr ago and feels way better, he was snoring extremely loud. He has been trying to get me to try it, but refuses to forgo even one night of using his to let me try it lol. He said he'd buy me a used one to try. I am doing the inclined bed therapy now for 9 months and honestly not sure if it's helping at all. Seems a bit worse.

pushkin

Hello Sugarbabe, have you seen this thread: This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle ? I have had sinus issues practically all my life and my teeth were rapidly degenerating, esp. since starting a Peat-inspired diet. I knew there was a link to my health and bacteria in my teeth (the biome) but I could not put two and two together until I came across Dr. Ellie Philips (through this thread). So now I have been doing her protocol for a week or so and although it is early days, my sinuses are really clearing up. I do believe that this is - as the OP states - a very big piece of the puzzle.

I tried soooo many things over the years, tests and diets and supplements etc. but if the bacteria in the mouth are still rampant and able to leach into all areas of the body, then there is no point trying to sort out anything else. I had no idea.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Hello Sugarbabe, have you seen this thread: This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle ? I have had sinus issues practically all my life and my teeth were rapidly degenerating, esp. since starting a Peat-inspired diet. I knew there was a link to my health and bacteria in my teeth (the biome) but I could not put two and two together until I came across Dr. Ellie Philips (through this thread). So now I have been doing her protocol for a week or so and although it is early days, my sinuses are really clearing up. I do believe that this is - as the OP states - a very big piece of the puzzle.

I tried soooo many things over the years, tests and diets and supplements etc. but if the bacteria in the mouth are still rampant and able to leach into all areas of the body, then there is no point trying to sort out anything else. I had no idea.
Yes I have done her protocol, it really got my dental hygiene way up, but I stopped the closys and Listerine in favor of using lugol's iodine in a waterpik and also I am doing tongue brushing as well. But nothing will work quite yet until I get a rotten tooth taken out and the other holes filled as no matter how much I clean my mouth it goes bad quick because of those teeth. I only have myself to blame for that as I could have had that done a while ago. Thanks for your comment!

pushkin

Yes I have done her protocol, it really got my dental hygiene way up, but I stopped the closys and Listerine in favor of using lugol's iodine in a waterpik and also I am doing tongue brushing as well. But nothing will work quite yet until I get a rotten tooth taken out and the other holes filled as no matter how much I clean my mouth it goes bad quick because of those teeth. I only have myself to blame for that as I could have had that done a while ago. Thanks for your comment!
ah, that is great you are familiar with her protocol - yes I think from what she says, any teeth that are bad need to be taken out. I have a couple of fillings that are loose and I need to get them seen to, I guess things will improve much more after that.

Good luck!

Sam321

Bidets are amazing.
Not using one is backwards **** savagery of the western variety.

LLight

Betaine (trimethylglycine, an osmolyte) really seems like a wonder nutrients:

Investigation of betaine as a novel psychotherapeutic for schizophrenia
Have a look :):

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Have a look :):
Sounds interesting! So many substances show promise as being anti-inflammatory or a cure all, hard to try them all!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals