Nasal clog preventing restful sleep

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Do you think drinking to much kombucha might have imbalanced my gut? I have been drinking kombucha for many years thinking it was good for me. Maybe I have overdone it
The best thing to do is to run stool test like the GI-MAP. It will quickly tell you what's up. It could be protozoa, it could be a number of other things. The sooner you know the sooner you can do something about it. I don't think kombucha is that powerful but a reset may do you good anyway.

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
The best thing to do is to run stool test like the GI-MAP. It will quickly tell you what's up. It could be protozoa, it could be a number of other things. The sooner you know the sooner you can do something about it. I don't think kombucha is that powerful but a reset may do you good anyway.
Thank you I will look into that testing. There is definitely something wrong with my digestive track. I have the belching problem and bloating feeling

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Thank you I will look into that testing. There is definitely something wrong with my digestive track. I have the belching problem and bloating feeling
Yeah definitely needs looking into. Lowering fodmaps may also help while you get it checked out

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
Probably you need thiamine and perhaps lots of thiamine. Nose breathing issues are due to lack of carbon dioxide vasodilating the blood vessels in the nose and preventing constriction. Thiamine increases carbon dioxide production by supporting efficient metabolism. You also need thiamine for good stomach acid production so maybe that's why you're belching.
Hello DrJ would you be able to comment on a good thiamine for me to seek out and buy? It appears there are several different forms and I don't know which one I should take.

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
My belching due to digestion issues has disappeared completely ever since taking HCL or drinking lemon water with every meal.
Can you comment on which thiamine supplement I should buy?

DrJ

Hello DrJ would you be able to comment on a good thiamine for me to seek out and buy? It appears there are several different forms and I don't know which one I should take.
Allithiamine is supposed to be the most effective. B1 typically increases the need for magnesium so it's good to make sure you get enough of that if you're taking big doses of B1.

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
Allithiamine is supposed to be the most effective. B1 typically increases the need for magnesium so it's good to make sure you get enough of that if you're taking big doses of B1.
Okay I have magnesium glycate right now

Runenight201

So sad that the ENTs don’t know what’s going on. Big problem in the modern world when our doctors can’t improve our health.

I also deal with the clogged nose problem and to me it’s a combination of inflammation/congestion which leads to poor posture and impaired breathing. When my overall health is better I can breathe much more easily through my nose and my vagus tone is strong, versus when I feel like I’m dying my vagus tone gets severely disrupted and my nose has a noticeable wheeze through it.

Aside from the general advice of improving metabolism through strict dietary protocols and supplementation, I’d also highly recommend myofascial release via a foam roller. I have one wide enough to span the width of my back perpendicular to my spine and then I just foam roll away all over my back and neck area, and the feeling is magical. Instantaneous relief from all sorts of pain, congestion, inflammation, etc… I notice an immediate relief from the nasal problem.

It is a daily ritual for me at this point, and it is a strong tool in my toolkit for minimizing pain and improving posture. I’d also recommend in general a healthy exercise routine and improving posture and biomechanics (here’s a Functional Patterns plug), as these are indispensable towards being resilient, strong, and pain free.

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
So sad that the ENTs don’t know what’s going on. Big problem in the modern world when our doctors can’t improve our health.

I also deal with the clogged nose problem and to me it’s a combination of inflammation/congestion which leads to poor posture and impaired breathing. When my overall health is better I can breathe much more easily through my nose and my vagus tone is strong, versus when I feel like I’m dying my vagus tone gets severely disrupted and my nose has a noticeable wheeze through it.

Aside from the general advice of improving metabolism through strict dietary protocols and supplementation, I’d also highly recommend myofascial release via a foam roller. I have one wide enough to span the width of my back perpendicular to my spine and then I just foam roll away all over my back and neck area, and the feeling is magical. Instantaneous relief from all sorts of pain, congestion, inflammation, etc… I notice an immediate relief from the nasal problem.

It is a daily ritual for me at this point, and it is a strong tool in my toolkit for minimizing pain and improving posture. I’d also recommend in general a healthy exercise routine and improving posture and biomechanics (here’s a Functional Patterns plug), as these are indispensable towards being resilient, strong, and pain free.
Hey Runenight thanks for your insight. I will look into this myfascial release. Do you know anything about the raypeat concept of CO2? This is completely new to me and I cannot find a beginner guide on it.

Runenight201

Hey Runenight thanks for your insight. I will look into this myfascial release. Do you know anything about the raypeat concept of CO2? This is completely new to me and I cannot find a beginner guide on it.

To be honest not enough to give any practical advice. I do believe that in general, you want to have optimal CO2 production via the Bohr effect to have increased oxygenation of the cells. I used to do Buteyko breathing methods but did not obtain any significant results to warrant the time investment into its practice.

I believe there are much better gains to be had in diet optimization, high quality supplements, and exercise/biomechanics.

Runenight201

Another suggestion, is to consume red chili peppers. The high capsaicin content and vitamin C content just really helped clear up my nasal clog and shortness of breath problem.

Eating them on their own is next to impossible unless you are a complete masochist, have some genetic immunity to capsaicin, or have an incredibly high pain tolerance.

I’d recommend steaming them and then dumping them on top of some meat like a stew. I found them delicious with mushrooms, onions, and sugar snap peas, mixed in with soy sauce and brown rice

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals