Hypopnea Sleep 1 Good Night In 7 Years

max13

Hello, first of all thank you for the knowledge you share.
I am French and I sometimes have trouble understanding the technical terms but it will be fine.

Here's my problem, I can't sleep soundly (12.7 hypopnées /h and I wake up almost every time choking, the body sweating, every night for years) and since I'm 12 years old (currently 29 years old) I have to take Xyzall (recently periactine) because I do urticaries mainly to changes in temperature.

I noticed for a short time that when I consume cheese too fermented (mozza in the fridge for a few days) my nose gets mouth (ah yes, I forgot, I had surgery for a nasal deviation as well as the uver and veil of the palate because I always had this feeling of choking while sleeping),
and I have a very strict diet that includes: 3-6 eggs , 2kg potatoes, 200-300g of cheese, 2L of orange juice (orange - histamine?) and dietary complements.

What do you think of this: high histamine - low diamine oxidase because of antihistamines - nocturnal respiratory problems. Cytomel could help me?

I beg me, help me, most of the time my days are unbearable, I suffer every day and at night I can not rest, it is torture ...

Hello, first of all thank you for the knowledge you share.
I am French and I sometimes have trouble understanding the technical terms but it will be fine.

Here's my problem, I can't sleep soundly (12.7 hypopnées /h and I wake up almost every time choking, the body sweating, every night for years) and since I'm 12 years old (currently 29 years old) I have to take Xyzall (recently periactine) because I do urticaries mainly to changes in temperature.

I noticed for a short time that when I consume cheese too fermented (mozza in the fridge for a few days) my nose gets mouth (ah yes, I forgot, I had surgery for a nasal deviation as well as the uver and veil of the palate because I always had this feeling of choking while sleeping),
and I have a very strict diet that includes: 3-6 eggs , 2kg potatoes, 200-300g of cheese, 2L of orange juice (orange - histamine?) and dietary complements.

What do you think of this: high histamine - low diamine oxidase because of antihistamines - nocturnal respiratory problems. Cytomel could help me?

I beg me, help me, most of the time my days are unbearable, I suffer every day and at night I can not rest, it is torture ...

Did you had effects with differing Dietary Choices? Better/Worse ? Your Bodyweight? What makes it better or worse in more general terms? Did you tried CPAP?

OP
M

max13

Did you had effects with differing Dietary Choices? Better/Worse ? Your Bodyweight? What makes it better or worse in more general terms? Did you tried CPAP?
hello, thank you to reply to me.
Indeed, since a nutritionist friend follows me at the level of dietetics (ray peat base) I am in the day has 3/10 whereas before I just wanted to prune my veins.
I currently weigh 97kg and measure 1.85m, I am not obese, I am sporty.
Yes I tried the pressure mask but since as soon as I suffocate I wake up I think it could not help me (rarely in deep sleep).

Maljam

Have you had any childhood trauma, or any significant changes that could have occurred in the years prior to this all starting, ages around 9-11 or so?

I noticed you said you had nasal surgery, has it been considered a success? Would any more surgery fix it? Have you had any investigations into your neck and throat?

OP
M

max13

Have you had any childhood trauma, or any significant changes that could have occurred in the years prior to this all starting, ages around 9-11 or so?

I noticed you said you had nasal surgery, has it been considered a success? Would any more surgery fix it? Have you had any investigations into your neck and throat?

hello, thank you for your reply.
No I did not have any traumas, I tried the psychology side without positive result. the operation of the uvity and veil of the palace may have helped me a little, maybe, I do not really know.
I really feel like it comes from diet, my friend helps me a lot but I wonder if an approach with Cytomel could not help my body get rid of the excess histamine.

Maljam

hello, thank you for your reply.
No I did not have any traumas, I tried the psychology side without positive result. the operation of the uvity and veil of the palace may have helped me a little, maybe, I do not really know.
I really feel like it comes from diet, my friend helps me a lot but I wonder if an approach with Cytomel could not help my body get rid of the excess histamine.

Has your diet been the same from age 12 up until 29?

tara

Can you breathe through your nose at all? Ever?

If so, I wonder if you could get some gains by practicing this (nasal breathing, mouth shut), as much as possible during the day for a while. Especially, try this while walking or other gentle exercise. Then try a chin strap or light tape for a little while during the day to see if you could be comfortable with that. If it is OK, try sleeping with it to help keep mouth shut while you sleep. An elastic chin strap or light tape will not stop you opening your mouth to breath if you need to, but will gently help encourage it to stay shut when there is no emergency.

How do you sleep - on your side, front, or back? For many people, sleeping on the back makes them more vulnerable.

BingDing

I'm a big fan of empirical knowledge, try a low dose of T3 (IdealabDC's Tyronene might be slightly better than Cytomel) for a week and see what happens. Life is ultimately just a big experiment, I think it's better to (cautiously) try something than to dither and do nothing.

OP
M

max13

Has your diet been the same from age 12 up until 29?
hello, no, it's only been 18 months since I have a diet based on the reference of ray peat, previously I ate everything, and maybe too much meat.

OP
M

max13

Can you breathe through your nose at all? Ever?

If so, I wonder if you could get some gains by practicing this (nasal breathing, mouth shut), as much as possible during the day for a while. Especially, try this while walking or other gentle exercise. Then try a chin strap or light tape for a little while during the day to see if you could be comfortable with that. If it is OK, try sleeping with it to help keep mouth shut while you sleep. An elastic chin strap or light tape will not stop you opening your mouth to breath if you need to, but will gently help encourage it to stay shut when there is no emergency.

How do you sleep - on your side, front, or back? For many people, sleeping on the back makes them more vulnerable.

hello, I have no breathing problems during the day (except when I have reactions to histamine, and then my nostrils get congested, but I avoid coming to it, because for example mozzarella too fermented).
At night I sleep on the side or on my stomach, never on my back, and since I wake up 800 times, I can see in which position I am in.

OP
M

max13

I'm a big fan of empirical knowledge, try a low dose of T3 (IdealabDC's Tyronene might be slightly better than Cytomel) for a week and see what happens. Life is ultimately just a big experiment, I think it's better to (cautiously) try something than to dither and do nothing.

hello, the tyronene for me was not at all effective, I had increased the dosage but I saw no difference, on nothing, even not on temperature and heart rate.

Maljam

hello, no, it's only been 18 months since I have a diet based on the reference of ray peat, previously I ate everything, and maybe too much meat.

Do you think it is likely to be dietary origin for something that has gone on for so long? Have you tried taking an anti histamine?

tara

hello, I have no breathing problems during the day
In that case, I'd consider having a look at Buteyko method and/or other methods that focus on retraining breathing. See if you can find some techniques you can practice while awake, and then try a chin strap at night.

If you are breathing thoracically instead of diaphragmatically at rest, then that's potentially retrainable too.

Because it's possible your sleep/breathing issues are related to unaware nighttime hyperventilation.

May also be useful to look at the balance of nutrition in your diet, and check that you are getting a good amount of the essential minerals. You could try logging a few days of your diet in cronometer or similar and see if there are any obvious lows. (Don't go by it's low calorie recommendations, though.)

OP
M

max13

In that case, I'd consider having a look at Buteyko method and/or other methods that focus on retraining breathing. See if you can find some techniques you can practice while awake, and then try a chin strap at night.

If you are breathing thoracically instead of diaphragmatically at rest, then that's potentially retrainable too.

Because it's possible your sleep/breathing issues are related to unaware nighttime hyperventilation.

May also be useful to look at the balance of nutrition in your diet, and check that you are getting a good amount of the essential minerals. You could try logging a few days of your diet in cronometer or similar and see if there are any obvious lows. (Don't go by it's low calorie recommendations, though.)

thanks for the advice, but I have unfortunately already tried everything in what you quoted. Conscious breathing work, bag breathing, and I'm followed by a nutritionist who calculated everything on chronometer.
I have a strange feeling when I breathe while sleeping, I barely have time to feel it when I wake up but I breathe with my throat, finally I feel that the air inspired by the nose touches areas of the throat that it does not do when I am conscious.

OP
M

max13

Do you think it is likely to be dietary origin for something that has gone on for so long? Have you tried taking an anti histamine?

I didn't have an extraordinary diet I think. and yes I have been taking cyproheptadine for 18 months, and before I took levocetirizine for about 16 years because of giant hives. (maybe I've taken too much antihistamine and my body can't handle it anymore).

yerrag

What do you think is causing you to have shallow breathing, as you said hypopnee?

Have you checked your urine pH to determine your acid-base balance? If you have acidic ecf (extracellular fluids) and blood, and you have low serum CO2, you will have low tissue oxygenation, and you'll be in need of more oxygen all the time. You'll want to inhale more deeply, but your breathing reflex is to breathe out again because your body is trying to exhale CO2 to reduce acidity (or increase pH).

That is my guess what's happening to you. You can buy a urine pH test strip (Amazon USA has the Hydrion brand pH 5.5-8). And then you can test yourself.

Also helpful to know is your oxygen saturation, your body temperature, your heart rate, and if you have a recent ECG, your Qtc value.

rei

Try melatonin, it seems to have effect against certain kinds of sleep apnea. The root of the problem is probably postural damage, i had almost no good nights sleep for over 30 years before i realized this and straightened my spine, and today there's no problems.

Another thing which should help greatly is getting a very hard mattress (or try sleeping on the floor if you can manage). If you have postural problems your back "sinks into" the mattress and causes pressure and even worse posture. Inclined bed sleeping might also help, and is easy to try.

K

Kratos

You have an endotoxin problem, the starch in the potatoes is feeding it and the orange juice is preventing your liver from detoxing properly. The bacteria in your gut is producing to much acetaldehyde.

OP
M

max13

Try melatonin, it seems to have effect against certain kinds of sleep apnea. The root of the problem is probably postural damage, i had almost no good nights sleep for over 30 years before i realized this and straightened my spine, and today there's no problems.

Another thing which should help greatly is getting a very hard mattress (or try sleeping on the floor if you can manage). If you have postural problems your back "sinks into" the mattress and causes pressure and even worse posture. Inclined bed sleeping might also help, and is easy to try.

hello, thank you for your answer, I already sleep on a mattress on the floor and before I slept on a sloped box spring. I also tried a few months of 2mg melatonin with no positive result apart from headaches even more often. :/

OP
M

max13

You have an endotoxin problem, the starch in the potatoes is feeding it and the orange juice is preventing your liver from detoxing properly. The bacteria in your gut is producing to much acetaldehyde.

Hello, what do you think I could do then ? my nutritionist is really very strong, he masters this science very well but I am taking various advice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals