My Cousin Caught COVID-19. How Can I Help Him?

milk

He's 38. Two days ago he wasn't feeling so well and went to the hospital, where he learned he had caught the virus and was hospitalized. Yesterday we were told he was recovering, but then we got the update that he got worse and had to be put on a ventilator. This makes me worried, of course. I know what Peat thinks of ventilators.

I don't think there's anything I can do, it's not like I can go to the hospital and tell his doctor to follow a Peat-approved anti-COVID protocol. But in case he gets relieved from the hospital or someone else I know catches the virus, how could I help them?

I'm in Brazil. We can buy losartan and cyproheptadine from our drugstores without a prescription. I think a vitamin c supplement and a zinc supplement would also be a good idea. And I would advise them to completely stop eating PUFAs. What else?

lvysaur

Ivermectin is good at reducing viral load (it helped me)

Certain steroids are prescribed to deal with an overactive immune response. I think it was dexamethasone, and a few others. You have to look it up. This is a gamble because it probably prolongs virus infection in order to prevent immune reaction from killing yourself.

Antibiotics help a lot. I used Amoxicillin, but I heard good things about Azithromycin and Doxycyclin also.

T

TheBeard

He got trapped into the medical system.
He probably needed no ventilator at all.
He just got a flu or a small bronchitis that is going to get worse on the meds + ventilator.

What does he need to do? LEAVE the hospital as soon as possible, get into a way of eating that is suitable for us humans of 2020 (plenty of resources on here to understand what such diets are).

"Testing positive" for Covid means nothing. The tests are skewed to show what the medical industry wants to show.
Just like they are around 60 different conditions that can make you test positive for AIDS.

alywest

He's 38. Two days ago he wasn't feeling so well and went to the hospital, where he learned he had caught the virus and was hospitalized. Yesterday we were told he was recovering, but then we got the update that he got worse and had to be put on a ventilator. This makes me worried, of course. I know what Peat thinks of ventilators.

I don't think there's anything I can do, it's not like I can go to the hospital and tell his doctor to follow a Peat-approved anti-COVID protocol. But in case he gets relieved from the hospital or someone else I know catches the virus, how could I help them?

I'm in Brazil. We can buy losartan and cyproheptadine from our drugstores without a prescription. I think a vitamin c supplement and a zinc supplement would also be a good idea. And I would advise them to completely stop eating PUFAs. What else?
It sounds like a lot of doctors in the states are prescribing losartan right away but you could maybe ask what they have him on. If he’s being ventilated he’s probably unconscious and has iv’s hooked up with medications going in. They may not be able to tell you what they’re giving him. I doubt they’re using cyproheptadine although I haven’t personally heard ray peat recommending that specifically. Dexamethasone has been found to decrease mortality in those who are ventilated. Hopefully his medical team or another family member who’s allowed to be given that information can tell you what he’s getting and then you can advocate for additional things if he’s not getting them already.

J

jb116

He got trapped into the medical system.
He probably needed no ventilator at all.
He just got a flu or a small bronchitis that is going to get worse on the meds + ventilator.

What does he need to do? LEAVE the hospital as soon as possible, get into a way of eating that is suitable for us humans of 2020 (plenty of resources on here to understand what such diets are).

"Testing positive" for Covid means nothing. The tests are skewed to show what the medical industry wants to show.
Just like they are around 60 different conditions that can make you test positive for AIDS.
for emphasis

Energizer

Have you read Medical Nemesis? It might be a good introduction to share with them to get them thinking about what their doctor tells them to do and question the reasoning behind it. Hospitals can be dangerous given the wrong attitude, blind trust in authority is like playing Russian roulette with your own life.

Last edited:

Vinny

If someone else you know catches the virus, he/she should be eating, sleeping and resting well, and probably take some supplements. This is more than enough for people without chronic diseases.

Your cousin is in a tough situation. Pray that there are doctors around him that know what are they doing.

OP
M

milk

Thanks for the replies, everyone. My cousin is still at the hospital but he seems to be doing a little bit better each day, thankfully.

Jam

My cousin got COVID-19 (according to PCR) a week ago. Had the classic flu symptoms (cough, runny nose, fatigue, and fever). Had her take a daily aspirin (alka-seltzer) + Vit. D / A / K and zinc. She's pretty much back to normal now.

T

TheBeard

My cousin got COVID-19 (according to PCR) a week ago. Had the classic flu symptoms (cough, runny nose, fatigue, and fever). Had her take a daily aspirin (alka-seltzer) + Vit. D / A / K and zinc. She's pretty much back to normal now.

Erratum: she caught a seasonal flu and tested positive for a skewed test at the same time, the two events being most likely uncorrelated.

Jam

Erratum: she caught a seasonal flu and tested positive for a skewed test at the same time, the two events being most likely uncorrelated.

Erratum Corrigendum: She caught a bug (which might have been the flu, or a rinovirus, or one of the many coronaviruses, or some other virus), or ate something which caused an endotoxin reaction, or... you name it. Don't assume it was "the flu". PCR is so sensitive that it can pick up RNA stragglers from past infections...

T

TheBeard

Erratum Corrigendum: She caught a bug (which might have been the flu, or a rinovirus, or one of the many coronaviruses, or some other virus), or ate something which caused an endotoxin reaction, or... you name it. Don't assume it was "the flu". PCR is so sensitive that it can pick up RNA stragglers from past infections...

Yes exactly, you get my point.
Flu was just an example to escape from that Covid psychodrama, but indeed it could be anything that triggers a positive.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals