How Can We Help Jordan Peterson, I Might Have A Direct Line

Luann

i agree that someone should send him some ray articles or a brief summary

he struck it rich with a self-help book but he can't read an article without it being prepackaged for him?

Last edited:

R J

You should have just linked him one of ray’s articles and then forwarded ray’s contact information and said something like “this doctor helped me with metabolic health”.

Reposting blurbs about molybdenum or how he’s too serotonin driven etc comes across to me as slightly annoying. They’re probably just as likely to pass it off as another out of dozens of alt-health avenues they could go down.

Last edited:

R J

Firstly, @snacks covered it all for me.

Secondly, I’d like to point out the deep irony of suggesting Matt Stone’s early refeeding approach while bashing Hair Mineral Analysis...when that is exactly what Matt Stone began recommending to his readers and clients directly after writing those refeeding books. (Specifically, he began working with Garret Smith, a hair mineral analysis practitioner. And then years later they both went on the low vitamin a diet crusade but that’s another story.)

I have no idea if HTMA will bring any clues as to what went wrong for JP. But I do know it’s an incredibly reasonable thing to try if he hasn’t done so already.

And how do I know this? Well, beyond the scores of people that I’ve seen helped by a HTMA approach, it essentially saved my life when it uncovered a simple chromium deficiency about 8 years ago. And it only took about a WEEK of moderate supplementation before I went from basically unable to physically function in society for the prior 2 years to riding a bike across town. And it took me a month to fully correct the deficiency. (I haven’t needed a chromium supplement in about 6 years.) So, I’d say you’re definitely wrong about the timeline and difficulty for correcting a deficiency.

It was also the first test that uncovered my selenium toxicity, which played a major role in my illness.

Look, I realize my story is a rare case. But maybe his is as well? It’s like a hundred bucks and an inch of hair, so what does he have to lose? If you got any better ideas for JP, let’s here ‘em, Chief.
Firstly, @snacks covered it all for me.

Secondly, I’d like to point out the deep irony of suggesting Matt Stone’s early refeeding approach while bashing Hair Mineral Analysis...when that is exactly what Matt Stone began recommending to his readers and clients directly after writing those refeeding books. (Specifically, he began working with Garret Smith, a hair mineral analysis practitioner. And then years later they both went on the low vitamin a diet crusade but that’s another story.)

I have no idea if HTMA will bring any clues as to what went wrong for JP. But I do know it’s an incredibly reasonable thing to try if he hasn’t done so already.

And how do I know this? Well, beyond the scores of people that I’ve seen helped by a HTMA approach, it essentially saved my life when it uncovered a simple chromium deficiency about 8 years ago. And it only took about a WEEK of moderate supplementation before I went from basically unable to physically function in society for the prior 2 years to riding a bike across town. And it took me a month to fully correct the deficiency. (I haven’t needed a chromium supplement in about 6 years.) So, I’d say you’re definitely wrong about the timeline and difficulty for correcting a deficiency.

It was also the first test that uncovered my selenium toxicity, which played a major role in my illness.

Look, I realize my story is a rare case. But maybe his is as well? It’s like a hundred bucks and an inch of hair, so what does he have to lose? If you got any better ideas for JP, let’s here ‘em, Chief.

How did you have chromium deficiency and selenium toxicity? You were on a weird diet?

inurendotoxin

I’m texting him.
I'm not convinced spamming his inbox is the way to go here. The man is under a lot of stress. He's liable to close off that line of communication if you abuse it.

Not sure if anyone has posted already.
Judging by the comments Jordan is hugely
Loved, and was sorely missed.

I Have always admired him.

Last edited:
OP
C

CoconutEffect

I'm not convinced spamming his inbox is the way to go here. The man is under a lot of stress. He's liable to close off that line of communication if you abuse it.
Mindful of that, not trying to abuse it trying to actually help, but noted.

jaakkima

He's been heavily indoctrinated into the pro-serotonin view as a psychologist from what I've seen him say. Good luck.

aguineapig

He is currently ripe for the gentlest of prods re; serotonergic model of depression, due to his reckoning with the reality of benzo use, and taking psychiatrists at the pharmacological word.

If you just blow your load saying things like "serotonin is pro depressive and is the cause of all your problems" or anything worded similarly in strength it would probably be counter productive.

Something along the lines of "humans respond very differently even to the same psychiatric medications, and there are a glut of very useful psychiatric medications which exert their therapeutic benefit thru either anti serotonergic effects or mixed agonism and antagonism, by raising/lowering extracellular serotonin, and so on..."

Some people do well on ssri drugs, so blowing ones credibility by lacking tact and subtlety won't do here.

aguineapig

But to reiterate, I do think there is an angle here, since blind trust regarding benzos nearly killed him. It may be possible to exploit that mental/emotional infrastructure and direct it towards the other meds he takes.

inurendotoxin

You should have just linked him one of ray’s articles and then forwarded ray’s contact information and said something like “this doctor helped me with metabolic health”.

Reposting blurbs about molybdenum or how he’s too serotonin driven etc comes across to me as slightly annoying. They’re probably just as likely to pass it off as another out of dozens of alt-health avenues they could go down.

I second the above comment, which is also my concern.

Mindful of that, not trying to abuse it trying to actually help, but noted.

Being a past student of his provides you with privileged line of access. JBP is a man of the world; and will be at this point quite familiar with the infinite mass of conflicting health and nutritional opinions available online. Peatarians are as guilty of this as any other health 'community'; the phenomenon of finding a new theory or lifestyle 'hack', and immediately believing they have stumbled on 'the thing' (and must now go forth and spread the word). It creates a dogma that is suspiciously religious in its fervour, enough to turn people away.

Peterson himself has been guilty of this, with the whole carnivore/anti-carb wagon; and sure enough he lost a bunch of excess fat and felt great...in the beginning. I have also been guilty of this. 5 years into my Peatarian 'struggle', and I'm still learning. Individual variability is huge, as is the changing environment. The 'sickness field' is a moving target.

That aside, being introduced to a brand new health cult is only going to add overwhelm to an already complex set of problems. Already I see barrage of specific 'recommendations' from members here (try progesterone, eat fruit, try cypro...ayahuasca, seriously???) - none of whom are clinically trained, much less specifically familiar with the subject's health status, blood tests etc.

Much better to invite someone to explore an idea; and hope their curiosity will be sufficiently sparked to guide the rest of their journey on it's own. A horse gently guided to water is much more likely to drink.

Long story short, I think to establish some trust in your communication, you should attempt to say all that you need to say in one (or at most, two) clear and paragraphed, but and above all brief messages.

1) Re-introduce yourself. Re clarify the previous message (if necessary, and apologize for any lack of context/clarity in intent)
2) Show compassion for his struggle, and respect for his autonomy as concerns his own health (In tone, at least, not necessarily in words)
3) Invite him to read up to three core subjects of interest, eg, Serotonin, Carnivore diet, Addiction (linking to one or two of Ray's articles, for example).

Example, "These articles in paticular caught my attention. I hope they'll be of interest to you: "

4) Thank him for his time, and wish him well

If you receive a response inviting further dialogue, you can take a deeper dive at that point. I would NOT be suggesting specific foods and supplements in an opening message. Introduce the broader topics, and leave the details to the individual should they be inclined to persue further. Brevity is always king in the intro.

No doubt this is all common sense, and I apologize for...patronising. It does seem there's a good chance you did all this already, but the context around this communication leads me to believe it is important, and one worth curating and trimming somewhat before hitting 'send'.

Above all, IF you are going to turn an introductory exchange into an ongoing dialogue, be sure that when you do say something, that it would be relevant and valuable to the reader, and respects the dynamic of your relationship, and the context of his/her life.

Romeo done.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

From Ray today on the Amanita Muscaria

“I heard an interesting story of an old woman in an institution for dementia who one afternoon, after walking around the grounds, became completely lucid. They found a partly eaten piece of muscaria mushroom in her apron pocket. The next day her dementia returned. I think the psilocybin mushrooms are safer. Thyroid, vitamin D, and progesterone have corrected a great variety of mood and mental problems.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom