Help For My Dad

Hi there,

This is not elderflower I am her daughter jessica. The reason I am here is for some help and guidance from you. My mothers health is not good and has not been for a while but she constantly talks about the Ray peat forum and haidut in particular. She is very muddled and can't seem to make up her mind about the best action to take regarding my father who has advanced mesothelioma.

We know the prognosis is very very bleak but me as his daughter am not willing to give up the fight that easily.

• Advanced mesothelioma diagnosed end of June
  • No chemo/radiation
  • Talc plueredisis resulting in lung still trapped
  • Gone down hill fast, lost 18kilos since June
  • Weak due to muscle loss
  • Difficulty eating due to nausea gas/wind and constant reflux, not sure if from lungs or stomach
  • PleurX drain in for about 6 weeks but nothing measurable drained
  • Very sore at sight of drain
Problems sleeping
Constipation

He has been on medicinal cannabis oil for about 5 weeks, my mum thinks it hasn't helped but I believe it has helped a bit due to appetite increase (but still not nearly enough)
  • The medication he is currently taking are:
  • Oramorph 5ml 4 times daily
  • Paracetamol 2 tablets 4 times daily
  • Was on omeprazole but mum changed to famotidine which has helped with the nausea as haidut's post said about healing ulcer damage (perforated ulcer 20 years ago)
  • Has been taking either Zantac or rantadine for the last 30 years up until mesothelioma diagnosis.
  • Senna 2 per night
Has been prescribed dicotyledon 100mg capsules (docusate sodium) but hasn't taken them yet.
Also I am giving him B17 plus zinc and Brewers yeast.

I am reaching out to you in the hope of some help and guidance as to what you recommend he should be taking? my mum seems to think these will help is she correct? Also the Ray peat orange juice and milk therapeutic diet plus any other food be can eat, will this help?
  • Oxidal
  • MitoLipin
  • Lapodin
  • Pansterone
Thank you so much In advance, all help greatly appreciated

Jess xx

Ps I know it seems we are looking for a miracle but he is only 60 years of age and a husband, father and grandfather and is loved so so much. Before his diagnosis he was full of life and I believe we can get that life back into him with your help.for the record he still happy enough in himself other than some pair up days/what I believe to be a bit of depression but he is a fighter and wants to live and is compliant. Without guidance we are going to be/have been clutching at straws and fighting this our own way which could possibly be the wrong way hence the reason I have come here. My mum speaks so highly of this forum and the knowledge within it.

Thanks again j x

Elderflower j58, 6 minutes agoEditReport

Pointless

I'm sorry to hear about your father. It is tough to see people pass away right in front of your eyes. I had to bury my grandma yesterday. I didn't try to treat her because it would've complicated things. You're in a unique situation if you have a dying family member that is seeking alternative treatment.

For your situation, I would replace the paracetamol with aspirin. The aspirin must be thoroughly crushed, then dissolved in warm water, and given with 1/4 tsp of baking soda. This is so that the aspirin is completely dissolved in water and won't cause ulcers from sitting against the stomach. You can make enough for a few days, but aspirin breaks down in water, so no more than that. Take between 1 and 3 tablets a day to start. Some people use much larger doses, but be careful of the risks of this. There's a risk of bleeding with aspirin.

Senna is a toxin. We recommend aged cascara sagrada for constipation. It has to be aged.

I would stay away from the Oxidal and Pansterone because they could easily cause problems for someone in such a fragile state. MitoLipin is an unproven supplement and can cause gut irritation if your father is sensitive to vitamin E.

Honestly, I would try Panquinone. This is the big gun, and it's quite experimental at this point, but the situation calls for it. This is William F. Koch's metabolic cancer cure. Also, TyroMix for thyroid hormone. Dosing thyroid is complex, and that is a whole other discussion. I would try 1 drop twice a day and maybe go up to 2 drops twice a day depending on how body temperature and pulse react. Try to get pulse to around 80 BPM and temp between 98.6 and 99.0 (this goal might be too high). http://www.idealabsdc.com/lab

You can add in Lapodin which is also anti-cancer, but it has the same ingredient as cascara sagrada. The only difference is that it is delivered into your bloodstream through the skin. Absorption is not good with cascara sagrada, but it can have systemic effects.

Also, low-fat milk and orange juice. Ray Peat recommends 2 quarts of each supplemented to whatever your diet is as a quick dietary remedy. He may not be able to get all this down, but do what you can.

Morphine I recommend against, but if the pain is unbearable, that is up to you.

All of these supplements will boost the metabolism and can exacerbate vitamin and mineral deficiencies. I'm not a doctor. I've never treated someone with cancer. What I'm recommending has its risks, but I am saying that it is what I would do in your situation. Take that for what it is.

Pointless

Let me just add that if you undertake any of these suggestions, be warned that you're working within a paradigm that you don't completely understand. It seems like you're on your own with your mother's cognition declining. Your father could die, even after trying these things, so be prepared for what that would do to your psyche and to your family if you seem responsible in any way. But you can't let him just die, either.

Giraffe

Sorry to hear about your dad, Jessica.

I would make sure he gets easily digested foods with lots and lots of the alkaline minerals (magnesium, calcium, potassium and sodium). In addition I would consider to supplement magnesium. Magnesium and glycine may help with sleep. Red light is worth to consider, too.

If your dad tolerates nightshades I would give cooked potatoe juice a try.

Ray Peat Potato Protein Soup (RPPPS)

It is really important to tackle the constipation. I concur with @Pointless's suggestion to try Cascara Sagrada. Emodin, the active ingredient, has a couple of protective effects besides helping with constipation.

OP
E
Paracetamol is very toxic and I would stop.

Agree to replace senna with cascara or perhaps better yet, more magnesium (magnesium glycinate is ideal)

I might try 30mg or so of methylene blue each day to see if that makes him feel better.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals